Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 03-22-2013, 07:32 AM   #1
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500
Default Billy Joe Saunders/John Ryder

This fight has to happen, Ryder has a great chance IMO, he punches hard, is skilfull and could possibly bully BJS with his strength in the later rounds.

50/50 fight in my eyes, make it happen!
BoxingAnalyst is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2013, 07:36 AM   #2
Sogoplayboy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: Billy Joe Saunders/John Ryder

Cracking fight, who's Ryder promoted by?
Sogoplayboy is offline  Top
Old 03-22-2013, 07:37 AM   #3
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sogoplayboy View Post
Cracking fight, who's Ryder promoted by?
Saint Edward Hearn.
BoxingAnalyst is offline  Top
Old 03-22-2013, 07:43 AM   #4
ryandud
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

no way near 50/50 in my opinion more like 2/5 bjs 5/2 john ryder.

Rate both guys.But game is about levels and bjs handspeed is world class already where as my personal view is ryder does everything very well while lacking any extraordinary abilities.The handspeed would be the difference should they fight.

Very unlikely hearn will let ryder fight on ******s card and vice versa.Not that makes sense because win win for both in terms of exposure such a fight would bring.If was on sky bjs would generate some great publicity and if was on boxnation would be much better for ryder to headline on box nation in big fight than be on non telivised part of card like he was on londons finest.Pathetic that promoters stop these fights from happening.
ryandud is offline  Top
Old 03-22-2013, 07:50 AM   #5
Marlow
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 960

Well if it goes to purse bids Hearn would win by just putting up whatever he finds down the back of the sofa.
Marlow is offline  Top
Old 03-22-2013, 08:06 AM   #6
Benji123
Journeyman

saunders for me well done matty hall
Benji123 is offline  Top
Old 03-22-2013, 08:09 AM   #7
andrebishop
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

BJS said in an interview shown before last nights fight that he wouldnt be vacating the British till he wins it out right. (and seemed to make a point of this ie saying whoever i have to fight on whoevers promotion he will do so) if he sticks to that (as i think he will) Ryder just needs to get himself in position as mando and we might actually see a fight between a FWP and Matchroom fighter (that we want to) for once!
andrebishop is offline  Top
Old 03-22-2013, 08:10 AM   #8
Dennison
Guru
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Purse bids would be interesting, does the board take the money upfront to stop people bidding daft amounts or do the fighters get paid within the same rules as normal
Dennison is offline  Top
Old 03-22-2013, 08:14 AM   #9
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

If Ryder gets inside BJS will have a very hard nights work. Ryder's well versed and although has a few niggling habits, one being the tap of the head as he bounces and not applying the jab as much as he should i think he's got the ability to trouble BJS.

I see a guy in BJS who's very talented but somethings not right with the conditioning. He put together a great burst on Hall but then flagged again. Ryder seems a consummate professional. He's a rugged fighter as well and with BJS allowing fighters to get close and work i think Ryder's got a chance because when he gets there he fights.

I think John's last two displays against two good to decent operators and yes Musiyiwa was a decent fighter with some good results on slate although obviously not being title level John dealt with a dangerous guy at short notice with ease.

Him vs BJS is a closer fight then many would of imagined pre O'Kane.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 03-22-2013, 08:17 AM   #10
Southpaw_1

In my personal opinion i think that Ryder would be him. Ryder has very good timing and accuracy and has some pop too. Saunders has twice been unable to take out 2 lower tier opponents, so i favour Ryder but again that's my opinion.
Southpaw_1 is offline  Top
Old 03-22-2013, 08:18 AM   #11
Southpaw_1

We have some great domestic level fights in the UK.
Southpaw_1 is offline  Top
Old 03-22-2013, 08:23 AM   #12
Dennison
Guru
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillspayBills View Post
If Ryder gets inside BJS will have a very hard nights work. Ryder's well versed and although has a few niggling habits, one being the tap of the head as he bounces and not applying the jab as much as he should i think he's got the ability to trouble BJS.

I see a guy in BJS who's very talented but somethings not right with the conditioning. He put together a great burst on Hall but then flagged again. Ryder seems a consummate professional. He's a rugged fighter as well and with BJS allowing fighters to get close and work i think Ryder's got a chance because when he gets there he fights.

I think John's last two displays against two good to decent operators and yes Musiyiwa was a decent fighter with some good results on slate although obviously not being title level John dealt with a dangerous guy at short notice with ease.

Him vs BJS is a closer fight then many would of imagined pre O'Kane.
I saw him fight in Hull against Luke Blackedge (SMW/LHW) who was a prospect and it ended up a draw, but Musiyiwa should have won and was giving away a lot of weight, Ryder did quite well against him
Dennison is offline  Top
Old 03-22-2013, 08:26 AM   #13
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennison View Post
I saw him fight in Hull against Luke Blackedge (SMW/LHW) who was a prospect and it ended up a draw, but Musiyiwa should have won and was giving away a lot of weight, Ryder did quite well against him
Cheers for that wondered how that fight went down. I remarked during opening round how decent he looked. He was no fool at all and Ryder could of easily of took eye of the ball that night but ground him down and a peachy left hand dropping him in the 7th i think. Nice work .

If Ryder's not ready for BJS he won't ever be because i've seen nothing from BJS to suggest he's unbeatable. Talented yes but not unbeatable and i think all Ryder's lacking is experience over the latter rounds..
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 03-22-2013, 08:34 AM   #14
korn96
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Ryder won a British title Eliminator against O'Kane so this fight should take place soon if both promoters put aside the politics.
korn96 is offline  Top
Old 03-22-2013, 09:46 AM   #15
pikecubic
Contender
ESB Senior Member

BJS would comfortably outbox him at the moment, Ryder is too inexperienced at this stage of his career
pikecubic is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum