Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 03-23-2013, 01:27 AM   #1
BlackCloud
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Pele Reid, the man who knocked out Vitali

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I remember following his early career and thought he may go all the way.
Big guy with the speed and agility but let down by a substandard jaw sadly.
BlackCloud is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2013, 01:32 AM   #2
BlackCloud
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Default Re: Pele Reid, the man who knocked out Vitali

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Old 03-23-2013, 02:08 AM   #3
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

wow. a spinning back kick from 20 years ago. proof positive that vital possesses an glass chin.

have you ever participated in a combat sport or even a street fight?
Seamus is offline  Top
Old 03-23-2013, 02:22 AM   #4
BlackCloud
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

You seem to misunderstood my reason for posting this.
It was in no way an attempt to discredit a 21yr old Vitali, whom i might add, i rate very highly h2h.

The purpose of the thread was to show dissapointment with Reid as a pro.....i thought the guy was going to get somewhere in the pro ranks.

As for your other question the answer is yes, i have.
Old 03-23-2013, 07:44 AM   #5
young griffo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus View Post
wow. a spinning back kick from 20 years ago. proof positive that vital possesses an glass chin.

Bit defensive aren't we?

This was a thread about Reid with no mention of Vitali's chin or condemnation of him as a fighter.

I don't understand why you even interpreted it as such aside from a natural inclination to swing off any sack affixed to the name Klitschko.
young griffo is offline  Top
Old 03-23-2013, 07:52 AM   #6
Manassa
-
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus View Post

Seamus, you are too seasoned to act this hastily!
Manassa is offline  Top
Old 03-23-2013, 07:55 AM   #7
obviousalt
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 8060

On my other acc on this forum (Actually already more than a week unbanned, got banned for calling Park Si-Hun a dirty chopstick user)
I already mentioned before this video finally got in the general that Vitali has been KO'd before with a spinning heel kick.
Vitali was acting a bit ****y, pawing jab (with his leg), defence open and boom a foot in his face.
obviousalt is offline  Top
Old 03-23-2013, 07:56 AM   #8
BlackCloud
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manassa View Post
Seamus, you are too seasoned to act this hastily!
For a short while there i thought he was looking for a straightener on the cobbles.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:03 AM   #9
thistle1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by young griffo View Post
Bit defensive aren't we?

This was a thread about Reid with no mention of Vitali's chin or condemnation of him as a fighter.

I don't understand why you even interpreted it as such aside from a natural inclination to swing off any sack affixed to the name Klitschko.
far too much of that attitude around here, especially among 'us' Brits... honesty is often replaced with 'personal' emotion, defensiveness and crowd pleasing, you know "keepin in with the boys"...

it's an interest we all share and some know more than others, some 'think' they do and others still are just followers of the popular beat, not always accurate either.

I learn here and value ALL inpute and either take it on board or try to 'politely' point out when & where it might be not quite right, too many just attack!
thistle1 is offline  Top
Old 03-23-2013, 08:25 AM   #10
young griffo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistle1 View Post
far too much of that attitude around here, especially among 'us' Brits... honesty is often replaced with 'personal' emotion, defensiveness and crowd pleasing, you know "keepin in with the boys"...

it's an interest we all share and some know more than others, some 'think' they do and others still are just followers of the popular beat, not always accurate either.

I learn here and value ALL inpute and either take it on board or try to 'politely' point out when & where it might be not quite right, too many just attack!
Poor Seamus.

Maybe if he took on board what you have have to say instead of largely posting sarcastic and derisive posts at the expense of older fighters and other posters then I wouldn't have pointed out that he'd made a monumental tit of himself here in the manner I did.

He's a good poster when he wants to be but his routine gets tiresome after a while. It is interesting that you pull me up but Seamus gets a free pass as per usual. There is a bit of a tendency towards cliquishness on Classic sometimes I think.
young griffo is offline  Top
Old 03-23-2013, 08:30 AM   #11
TED 822
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

Good stuff Thistle.Only been on here a few months but enjoy everything.Some do jump the gun a bit.Regarding Reid,met him once,didn't try to break my hand like some {would be}tough guys.Impressed with the bloke{no homo}
TED 822 is offline  Top
Old 03-23-2013, 08:33 AM   #12
itsmeagain1
Contender
ESB Senior Member

"it was my thigh "

itsmeagain1 is offline  Top
Old 03-23-2013, 08:34 AM   #13
zxcvbnm
#TeamHWFuture
ESB Addict

vCash: 544

Here's Pele Reid getting beaten up by John McDermott. He never really made the transition from kickboxing, has a kickboxer's footwork in this one.

BORKED
zxcvbnm is offline  Top
Old 03-23-2013, 08:47 AM   #14
iceferg
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2648

Quote:
Originally Posted by young griffo View Post
Bit defensive aren't we?

I can understand him thinking that as the thread is called the man who knocked out Vitali. I don't really see what else there is to go on about with regards to Reid. He was a decent fighter but never great simple as that. Wasn't the only one to KO Vitali as a kick-boxer either but let's face it Vitali was a kid back then.

There have been plenty of squandered talents far greater than Pele Reid in boxing that's for sure.
iceferg is offline  Top
Old 03-23-2013, 08:52 AM   #15
iceferg
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2648

Quote:

Your just a pessimistic cunt who wouldn't give modern fighters praise regardless of what they do.
iceferg is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum