Old 03-28-2013, 05:15 AM   #16
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru

vCash: 1044
Default Re: Choc has a big name signed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooboys View Post
Watching live mate it didn't feel like he got a thrashing mate. Watching again yeah geale certainly won with work rate, choc just didn't throw enough. But he ain't retiring any time soon. Even if he loses in this next fight, he still has a big payday coming at him for whipping green again at any time he wants!
Surely there aren't any big pay days left in him, do many really care to see him any more?

I'm not trying to be a smart ass either, serious question.
Sox is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2013, 05:22 AM   #17
Rooboys
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox View Post
Surely there aren't any big pay days left in him, do many really care to see him any more?

I'm not trying to be a smart ass either, serious question.
Lol is there anyone in Aussie boxing who sells like choc still? Answer is easily no! Green is closest by far! I love geale, but he can't sell at all either. Hopefully he can do a little better now, after fighting choc for the second time!
Rooboys is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2013, 05:26 AM   #18
Sox
East Side Guru

Quote:
Lol is there anyone in Aussie boxing who sells like choc still? Answer is easily no! Green is closest by far! I love geale, but he can't sell at all either. Hopefully he can do a little better now, after fighting choc for the second time!
I'm not talking about a comparison to other OZ fighters, more so compared to what he made a few years ago.

It's been mentioned here many times that PPV numbers were getting worse over the last couple of years.

Surely now that Geale comprehensively beat him, he isn't anywhere near as big a draw as he once was.

My point being, I don't understand why he'd continue if the big bucks of yesteryear aren't there. Considering money is what he was all about.
Sox is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2013, 05:27 AM   #19
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908

Big name as in wins you heaps in scrabble. I'm expecting a rematch with Alejandro Gustavo Falliga.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2013, 05:40 AM   #20
Rooboys
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
I'm not talking about a comparison to other OZ fighters, more so compared to what he made a few years ago.

It's been mentioned here many times that PPV numbers were getting worse over the last couple of years.

Surely now that Geale comprehensively beat him, he isn't anywhere near as big a draw as he once was.

My point being, I don't understand why he'd continue if the big bucks of yesteryear aren't there. Considering money is what he was all about.
I agree his prob not earning his say 500,000 every fight but he would still be earning big bucks! Yeah he got beat by geale, but geale didn't hurt him at all. And from what his corner was telling choc the whole fight, he thought he was winning! And I wouldn't say his whole career he was worried about money, he took on some huge names, not for the money.
Rooboys is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2013, 05:43 AM   #21
Rooboys
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:

I agree his prob not earning his say 500,000 every fight but he would still be earning big bucks! Yeah he got beat by geale, but geale didn't hurt him at all. And from what his corner was telling choc the whole fight, he thought he was winning! At the end of the day his 1-1 all with geale now, and if he can win a big fight against someone, I'm sure geale would love another payday against him. And I wouldn't say his whole career he was worried about money, he took on some huge names, not for the money.
Rooboys is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2013, 05:49 AM   #22
Sox
East Side Guru

Quote:
I agree his prob not earning his say 500,000 every fight but he would still be earning big bucks! Yeah he got beat by geale, but geale didn't hurt him at all. And from what his corner was telling choc the whole fight, he thought he was winning!
My point is though, in the last couple years, he's been KO'd and IMO (and most of the public) comprehensively beaten.
He's also lost a lot of his hard core supporters from fighting too many bums.
Quote:
At the end of the day his 1-1 all with geale now, and if he can win a big fight against someone, I'm sure geale would love another payday against him.
I hope not. Seriously, that would be a silly move for both of them (except financially I guess).
Quote:
And I wouldn't say his whole career he was worried about money, he took on some huge names, not for the money.
No, not the whole career, but the last 4-5 years or whatever it's been.
Sox is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2013, 06:01 AM   #23
Rooboys
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
My point is though, in the last couple years, he's been KO'd and IMO (and most of the public) comprehensively beaten. Ko'd by a lucky punch, was winning every round, then in the next fight rematch him!

I hope not. Seriously, that would be a silly move for both of them (except financially I guess).
ATM yeah it would be, but maybe not down the track!
So fighting Daniel geale the first time was all for money? Even the second time wasn't for the money! Alot of his fights has been though, but it would be hard to go down in weight and then fight the best in the division the first time u r fighting at a different weight!
Rooboys is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2013, 06:07 AM   #24
Rooboys
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
My point is though, in the last couple years, he's been KO'd and IMO (and most of the public) comprehensively beaten. Ko'd by a lucky punch, rematch and beat him in next fight!
He's also lost a lot of his hard core supporters from fighting too many bums.
I hope not. Seriously, that would be a silly move for both of them (except financially I guess). I agree it would be ATM, but maybe not down the track!
. This next fight will sell very well
Rooboys is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2013, 06:11 AM   #25
Imadjigui

What's with people putting on forums "Oh I hear so and so has a big name about to sign", "I'm told so and so will have a big announcement in the coming days or weeks"...What's the point of it all? You then get people who are interested but unfortunately the know it alls can't divulge because they really have no idea or have heard 2nd or 3rd hand rumours. Seriously.

Secondly, whether it was seen live or on tv, how can anyone see that it wasn't a completely dominant performance by Daniel Geale? Delusion? Believe it or not but Daniel felt sorry for Choc in there and cruised. Geale had another gear or two and Choc was impotent. Some live in reality, others prefer fantasy land.
Imadjigui is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2013, 06:17 AM   #26
Rooboys
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imadjigui View Post
What's with people putting on forums "Oh I hear so and so has a big name about to sign", "I'm told so and so will have a big announcement in the coming days or weeks"...What's the point of it all? You then get people who are interested but unfortunately the know it alls can't divulge because they really have no idea or have heard 2nd or 3rd hand rumours. Seriously.

Secondly, whether it was seen live or on tv, how can anyone see that it wasn't a completely dominant performance by Daniel Geale? Delusion? Believe it or not but Daniel felt sorry for Choc in there and cruised. Geale had another gear or two and Choc was impotent. Some live in reality, others prefer fantasy land.
Yeah his 1-1 all with Daniel geale now simple! And we will find out very soon if I am correct about his next opponent or not!
Rooboys is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2013, 06:23 AM   #27
Imadjigui

Mate that's cool. Would be interesting to know who that is though but we will find out soon enough I'm sure. Technically it is 1-1 between the two but that always stirs up some debate. Everyone has their opinion. In the fair dinkum department they can only move in opposite directions now. Too little too late for one, boundless opportunities for the other. Cheers.
Imadjigui is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2013, 06:27 AM   #28
Sox
East Side Guru

Quote:
So fighting Daniel geale the first time was all for money?
Mostly, I think Mandy thought Geale would be a push over.
Quote:
Even the second time wasn't for the money!
I think it was, otherwise he would have fought him when he was supposed to, within 6 months of the first fight as the IBO ordered.
Quote:
Alot of his fights has been though, but it would be hard to go down in weight and then fight the best in the division the first time u r fighting at a different weight!
I think going down in weight is more proof that it was mainly about money, as he thought it would be easier going beating up on MW's.
And it was, mostly.
Quote:
. This next fight will sell very well
I'm not convinced. But then I know **** all about the $$ side of things.
Sox is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2013, 06:46 AM   #29
Rooboys
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Mostly, I think Mandy thought Geale would be a push over. I don't know how anyone could think geale is a push over at any stage of his career! He was 21-0 and ibo champ at the time.

I think it was, otherwise he would have fought him when he was supposed to, within 6 months of the first fight as the IBO ordered. Mundine fought geale when geale was a much bigger name, hoping that both ibf and WBA titles where gonna be on the line. If mundine fought and beat geale straight after there first fight, no one would of gave him much credit anyway, as they never do!

I think going down in weight is more proof that it was mainly about money, as he thought it would be easier going beating up on MW's.
And it was, mostly. He went down in weight because he could never beat the best in Kessler at the time at 168! I do think he wanted the best at 160, and got his chance against 1 of them in geale and is 1-1 all with him! At 154 only has had 3 fights.

I'm not convinced. But then I know **** all about the $$ side of things.
lol he earned more then 600,000 in his first fight, I'm sure his still got plenty of fans willing to pay.
Rooboys is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2013, 06:47 AM   #30
Sawyers
Journeyman

mundine verses solaman 4
Sawyers is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum