Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 03-28-2013, 01:18 PM   #16
sbbigmike
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Why do people hate Manny Pacquiao?

His pre match charades, weight draining, calling small fighters up, refusing to pull out matches for more money(2 weeks before the Hatton fight), refusing to fight over drug test, then complaining of extra testing when he gets ko'ed, the lies, the ****ery, building staduims, then fighting in MGM grand in his next fight, Devout Pastor and saint/ womanizing alcohol promoter..............

I could go on and on with Manny, the funny thing is I loved him and he was my second favorite fighter before all of this, he became Hollywood along the way and phony as **** like Jokim Noah would say, and started believing his own hype because he loved the attention from his fans, and tried to sell the public smoke and mirrors,...................Not to mention delusional Pactards

Last edited by sbbigmike; 03-28-2013 at 01:33 PM.
sbbigmike is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2013, 01:20 PM   #17
Dunks
Absolute Grandmaster
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVC View Post
Because he's the undispusted champ at 145/150 pounds. No one else can top that.
Dunks is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2013, 01:20 PM   #18
ripcity
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Location: "Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it."
vCash: 651

He single handedly caused the biggest fight/event in boxing not to happen, and worse than that he let someone else take the blame for it.
ripcity is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2013, 01:26 PM   #19
cyrax99
The Greatest
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbbigmike View Post
His pre match charades, weight draining, calling small fighters up, refusing to pull out matches for more money(2 weeks before the Hatton fight), refusing to fight over drug test, then complaining of extra testing when he gets ko'ed, the lies, the ****ery, building staduims, the fighting in MGM grand, Devout Pastor and saint/ womanizing alcohol promoter..............

I could go on and on with Manny, the funny thing is I loved him and he was my second favorite fighter before all of this, he became Hollywood along the way and phony as **** like Jokim Noah would say, and started believing his own hype because he loved the attention from his fans, and tried to sell the public smoke and mirrors,...................Not to mention delusional Pactards
Muhammad Ali will always be my favorite fighter, but at one point both Floyd and Manny were my second favorites. I am the exact same as you, no longer a fan of him, because of his bullshit. I don't judge on their behavior outside the ring, Mayweather is no saint either, I judge them only on things relevant to boxing. I have no doubt at all he has cheated for a very long time now, he is just too suspicious. You've got a guy conquering more weight divisions than anyone in boxing history, who refuses to be tested, makes up ridiculous and erroneous reasons not to do so etc. to me it is too obvious. You throw in him blatantly using catchweights to drain guys, going after washed up fighters coming off losses, and a bunch of the things you already said, and I stopped respecting him at all.

He is one of the most entertaining fighters I've ever seen, but I have serious doubts about his legitimacy.
cyrax99 is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2013, 01:27 PM   #20
cyrax99
The Greatest
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripcity View Post
He single handedly caused the biggest fight/event in boxing not to happen, and worse than that he let someone else take the blame for it.
I always found it hilarious how pactards claimed that drug testing was a tool Floyd was using to dodge Pacquiao, but then are the first people to claim JMM is on the juice, and that's why he beat Pacquaio
cyrax99 is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2013, 01:28 PM   #21
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

vCash: 816

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrax99 View Post
I always found it hilarious how pactards claimed that drug testing was a tool Floyd was using to dodge Pacquiao, but then are the first people to claim JMM is on the juice, and that's why he beat Pacquaio
Pathetic stuff.
turbotime is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2013, 01:29 PM   #22
john garfield
Champion
East Side Guru

Know Manny has lots of haters. I've known him for many years, 'n can't think for the life of me why anybody would hate him.

Impossible to dislike if you spend time with him. No more gracious, generous and loyal guy.
john garfield is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2013, 01:30 PM   #23
Slickstar
Crisp This
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by john garfield View Post
Know Manny has lots of haters. I've known him for many years, 'n can't think for the life of me why anybody would hate him.

Impossible to dislike if you spend time with him. No more gracious, generous and loyal guy.
That's the thing. We don't spend time with him.

We don't have the luxury to judge him by his personality and presence. All we have are his actions.
Slickstar is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2013, 01:32 PM   #24
Withwhatsmine
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:

What about winning belts below the weight legit or not?
Withwhatsmine is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2013, 01:32 PM   #25
JohnAnthony
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 272

just haterz. this thread s proving it.

A guy climbs more weigh classes than anyone in history. beat guys that everyone he was way to small to be in the ring with, and still gets hate.

pathetic.

Manny has faced everyone, and has the best resume in the last 20 years of boxing (in terms of who he fought) there's no way he would dodge a fight with floyd.
JohnAnthony is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2013, 01:33 PM   #26
Jorrvaskr
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

because he's so slick and so black that it's offensive.
Jorrvaskr is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2013, 01:35 PM   #27
cyrax99
The Greatest
ESB Senior Member

Quote:

Now you see, that's preposterous. This is the same guy claiming he is a devout Christian, while he is out tricking around on his wife, so come on. Like I said, Floyd is no saint either, but you don't hear anyone besides MVC claiming he is really. That's why I said judge them based on boxing relevant things, because we all have skeletons in our closet, but please don't try to act like Manny is this amazingly ethical and moral human being.

I am only judging him off boxing relevant things, and his test dodging, catchweights, his lies, all of those things make me have no respect for him.
cyrax99 is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2013, 01:36 PM   #28
RJJFan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 448

If he was black or Mexican, he would be a superstar beyond all compare, greater than SRR.
RJJFan is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2013, 01:36 PM   #29
Beouche
Dinamita
East Side Guru

Quote:
1. Using catchweights to drain his opponents

2. Making up all kinds of excuses to dodge and avoid taking blood tests. (He is one of the biggest suspected PED cheats for his suspicious behavior.)

3. Being caught in lies repeatedly (for example: says he is scared of needles, yet has tattooes.)

4. His horrible, delusional fans.

5. Dodging fighters like Shane Mosely when Roach said he was "too dangerous" etc. He is notorious for taking fights with guys who are coming off losses.

Oh, and seeming like a nice guy doesn't mean anything. Watch Ted Bundy interviews, he seems like one of the most charismatic, polite, and kind guys you will ever meet.

Thank you for saving me the time
Beouche is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2013, 01:38 PM   #30
Dunks
Absolute Grandmaster
ESB Addict

Arrow Re: Why do people hate Manny Pacquiao?

Quote:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Dunks is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum