Boxing News 24 Forum
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 03-28-2013, 01:38 PM   #31
Dunks
Absolute Grandmaster
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why do people hate Manny Pacquiao?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAnthony View Post
just haterz. this thread s proving it.

A guy climbs more weigh classes than anyone in history. beat guys that everyone he was way to small to be in the ring with, and still gets hate.

pathetic.

Manny has faced everyone, and has the best resume in the last 20 years of boxing (in terms of who he fought) there's no way he would dodge a fight with floyd.
He faced everything except for a Random Drug Test
Dunks is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2013, 01:39 PM   #32
Withwhatsmine
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:

A guy climbs more weigh classes than anyone in history. beat guys that everyone he was way to small to be in the ring with, and still gets hate.

pathetic.

Manny has faced everyone, and has the best resume in the last 20 years of boxing (in terms of who he fought) there's no way he would dodge a fight with floyd.
Best resume in 20 years?
Withwhatsmine is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2013, 01:40 PM   #33
steviebruno
ESB NYC Delegate
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Manny Pacquiao isn't hated. He is beloved by the media and given a pass for blocking the biggest fight in boxing history. Hell, his status was only elevated by ducking the fight.

I've never seen anything like it before.
steviebruno is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2013, 01:41 PM   #34
cyrax99
The Greatest
ESB Senior Member

Quote:

pathetic.

You are actually wrong, Manny is NOT anywhere near as small as Pactards would like you to believe. He was actually one of the biggest weight drainers, and has been weighing in as a welterweight since his days at 130... He did climb more weight classes than anyone in history, yet refuses to take blood tests, you don't think this is suspicious? He is claiming it will "weaken" him, yet MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS disagree with him, tons of other boxers do the same testing without problems, and Floyd would be subject to the same tests! If it really weakened him, wouldn't it be doing the same to Floyd too, who must take the same tests? Point NULL and VOID. His titles are NOT all legitimate, you think winning a 154 title using a 150 lb catchweight for instance is legit? He has alot of big names on his resume, but closer dissection reveals this is misleading. He took on most of those big names when they were coming off of losses, and yet still weight drained them, to gain a systematic advantage. I used to be a huge fan of Manny, but I realized he was a farce, you should do the same. He is a great fighter, but is a farce in the sense that people have elevated him into being the greatest of this era etc. that's bull.
cyrax99 is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2013, 01:42 PM   #35
Dunks
Absolute Grandmaster
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0llsrud View Post
Because he was extremely good. People that wins a lot got loved, or hated.

Sorta like this guy???

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Dunks is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2013, 01:43 PM   #36
Slickstar
Crisp This
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrax99 View Post
You are actually wrong, Manny is NOT anywhere near as small as Pactards would like you to believe. He was actually one of the biggest weight drainers, and has been weighing in as a welterweight since his days at 130... He did climb more weight classes than anyone in history, yet refuses to take blood tests, you don't think this is suspicious? He is claiming it will "weaken" him, yet MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS disagree with him, tons of other boxers do the same testing without problems, and Floyd would be subject to the same tests! If it really weakened him, wouldn't it be doing the same to Floyd too, who must take the same tests? Point NULL and VOID. His titles are NOT all legitimate, you think winning a 154 title using a 150 lb catchweight for instance is legit? He has alot of big names on his resume, but closer dissection reveals this is misleading. He took on most of those big names when they were coming off of losses, and yet still weight drained them, to gain a systematic advantage. I used to be a huge fan of Manny, but I realized he was a farce, you should do the same. He is a great fighter, but is a farce in the sense that people have elevated him into being the greatest of this era etc. that's bull.
According to pacquiao he would be more negatively affected by a blood test than Floyd. He big, I small
Slickstar is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2013, 01:43 PM   #37
Withwhatsmine
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by steviebruno View Post
Manny Pacquiao isn't hated. He is beloved by the media and given a pass for blocking the biggest fight in boxing history. Hell, his status was only elevated by ducking the fight.

I have you see when blacks dominate a sport people look for great white hopes, America views latinos the same as they view us so they couldn't be it, but Americans view Asians as the model minority, it's why I guy like Skip Bayless, who I swear to God this is true didn't know who Canelo was, gets to call Floyd a chicken.
Withwhatsmine is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2013, 01:44 PM   #38
Low Blow Combos
Contender
ESB Senior Member

The greatest of all time and everyone knows just like with MJ, a lot of LOVE but SOME of HATE as well. It comes with the territory.
Low Blow Combos is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2013, 01:46 PM   #39
Dunks
Absolute Grandmaster
ESB Addict

Arrow Re: Why do people hate Manny Pacquiao?

Quote:
Time for Pacquiao to stop cheating history by inventing weight classes

Read More: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Dunks is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2013, 01:46 PM   #40
Pimp C
Houston VS Everybody
East Side VIP

vCash: 138

His extreme fans also known as the Pactards make it hard to root for him.
Pimp C is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2013, 01:46 PM   #41
john garfield
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Now you see, that's preposterous. This is the same guy claiming he is a devout Christian, while he is out tricking around on his wife, so come on. Like I said, Floyd is no saint either, but you don't hear anyone besides MVC claiming he is really. That's why I said judge them based on boxing relevant things, because we all have skeletons in our closet, but please don't try to act like Manny is this amazingly ethical and moral human being.

I am only judging him off boxing relevant things, and his test dodging, catchweights, his lies, all of those things make me have no respect for him.
Does having no respect for Pac meanya hate him, c?
john garfield is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2013, 01:47 PM   #42
sbbigmike
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by steviebruno View Post

sbbigmike is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2013, 01:48 PM   #43
Dunks
Absolute Grandmaster
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Blow Combos View Post
The greatest of all time and everyone knows just like with MJ, a lot of LOVE but SOME of HATE as well. It comes with the territory.
Dunks is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2013, 01:49 PM   #44
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp C View Post

And yet, you have no problem being Floyd's biggest cheerleader despite the stupid shit said from Floyd's fanatics here.

I've said this for years now, if ANYONE bases how they feel about a fighter due to fans, then you are a weak minded fool.

The problem is, too many posters like you feel the need to pick a side. Which is about the dumbest thing to do in boxing.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2013, 01:49 PM   #45
john garfield
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp C View Post
But does not rooting for him mean you hate him, PC?
john garfield is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum