Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 03-28-2013, 09:07 PM   #1
caleb_forrest_g
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default UFC 162 adds Frankie Edgar vs. Charles Oliveira, Dennis Siver vs. Cub Swanson | News

A pair of key featherweight matchups have been added to July's UFC 162 event, as former UFC lightweight champ Frankie Edgar (15-4-1 MMA, 9-4-1 UFC) faces Charles Oliveira (16-3 MMA, 4-3 UFC) and Dennis Siver meets Cub Swanson.

UFC officials today announced the new matchups.

Featuring a middleweight title fight between current champ Anderson Silva and undefeated contender Chris Weidman, UFC 162 takes place July 6 at Las Vegas' MGM Grand Garden Arena.

Edgar seeks his first win at featherweight after falling short in his first fight at the weight in a bout with current champion Jose Aldo. The former IFC lightweight champ is currently mired in a three-fight losing streak despite being competitive in the bout with Aldo and a pair of contest with current lightweight champ Benson Henderson. The fight will be Edgar's first non-title fight since a December 2009 win over Matt Veach.

have no clue why edgar is fighting oliveira, makes no sense to me at all. but ok wat do yall think? Siver vs Swanson will be fireworks
caleb_forrest_g is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2013, 09:43 PM   #2
Ne5ville14
Rationalist by default...
ESB Addict

Default Re: UFC 162 adds Frankie Edgar vs. Charles Oliveira, Dennis Siver vs. Cub Swanson | N

Damn...I don't think Oliveira has any chance at all....
Ne5ville14 is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2013, 09:57 PM   #3
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 847
Default Re: UFC 162 adds Frankie Edgar vs. Charles Oliveira, Dennis Siver vs. Cub Swanson | N

I really like Oliveira...offensively. He is seemingly very fragile, though. He has all the skills to be a top dog, but his mental game doesn't seem to be all there, and he can be very reckless.

Edgar is clearly the big favorite here. Oliveira doesn't have boring fights, win or lose, so at least it should be a good one.
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Old 03-28-2013, 10:32 PM   #4
Ne5ville14
Rationalist by default...
ESB Addict

Yes indeed !!
Ne5ville14 is offline  Top
Old 03-29-2013, 12:18 PM   #5
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Floyd View Post
I really like Oliveira...offensively. He is seemingly very fragile, though. He has all the skills to be a top dog, but his mental game doesn't seem to be all there, and he can be very reckless.

Edgar is clearly the big favorite here. Oliveira doesn't have boring fights, win or lose, so at least it should be a good one.
Oliverias lose to Cub was shameful
greathamza is offline  Top
Old 03-29-2013, 12:30 PM   #6
jimmie
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

After fighting BJ 2x, Gray 2x, Bendo 2x and Aldo id say he deserves somewhat of a break.
jimmie is offline  Top
Old 03-29-2013, 01:52 PM   #7
PivotPunch
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Siver vs Swanson is a great fight but I think Sivers chin will be his downfall just as it
is probably against most high level strikers with ko power
PivotPunch is offline  Top
Old 03-29-2013, 03:26 PM   #8
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Sivers chin is fine is you ask me, Mel hits ****ing hard for a WW, dont seem to recall him being kodded by anyone else in the UFC
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 03-29-2013, 03:47 PM   #9
SugarShane_24
ESB good-looking member
ESB Addict

Maybe UFC giving Edgar some break with all the tough fights he's been in for years.

They're banking on Frankie to get a fairly easy win and a payday out of it too.
SugarShane_24 is offline  Top
Old 03-29-2013, 05:37 PM   #10
UnleashtheFURY
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
Sivers chin is fine is you ask me, Mel hits ****ing hard for a WW, dont seem to recall him being kodded by anyone else in the UFC
yeah it's not Iron, but it certainly isn't glass.. Cerrone hit him with a brutal high kick(shin to chin) and Siver was rocked but not out, that definitely would have Ko'd a lot of people and I know it would have knocked Melvin spark OUT! If you can take two high kicks flush and not go out then your chin certainly isn't glass.
UnleashtheFURY is offline  Top
Old 03-29-2013, 05:39 PM   #11
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Cub could certainly stop him with accumulation, dont get me wrong, knock down gnp type scenario seems likely

Would be very impressed if he straight out kodded Dennis though
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 03-29-2013, 05:57 PM   #12
UnleashtheFURY
Champion
East Side Guru

I think if Siver can very well outpoint Swanson if he can avoid his hard shots, should be a great fight though.
Old 03-29-2013, 05:57 PM   #13
PivotPunch
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Yeah maybe I'm undererstimating his chin but he is just one of these fighters I'm getting the feeling that they could get ko'd at any moment when they face a powerful striker whether it's his chin or his defence but he is stopable but he has a chance against Cub
PivotPunch is offline  Top
Old 03-29-2013, 06:07 PM   #14
UnleashtheFURY
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PivotPunch View Post
Yeah maybe I'm undererstimating his chin but he is just one of these fighters I'm getting the feeling that they could get ko'd at any moment when they face a powerful striker whether it's his chin or his defence but he is stopable but he has a chance against Cub
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

This GIF sums up Sivers chin pretty well.. Imagine what that kick would have done to Guillard the that put him one queer street was just a glancing shot, Siver on the other hand was actually able to recover from that kick and last another minute or so before getting clipped again and subbed.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:18 PM   #15
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PivotPunch View Post
He does eat a lot of shots, not a good idea against Cub, if Swanson can get past the kicks
Stoo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum