Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 03-31-2013, 04:11 PM   #1
Predicto
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Crawford would embarass Rios

Full respect to Brandon Rios for another great fight. (his chin + heart are un-fkn-believeable!)

But from what I saw last night, I really think Terrence Crawford could out-box that version of Rios all day long... Just too much skill.

I know I'm jumping the gun here... Prescott is as one dimentional as they come.. but T.C. is definately the real deal IMO
Predicto is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2013, 04:14 PM   #2
Low Blow Combos
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: Crawford would embarass Rios

He is a boring crowd hated prospect. He won't get a shot at the big names.
Low Blow Combos is offline  Top
Old 03-31-2013, 04:17 PM   #3
dodong
>>PACQUIAO<<
East Side VIP

vCash: 115

at this time, embarass is a little too strong.
dodong is offline  Top
Old 03-31-2013, 04:40 PM   #4
boxingfan24/7
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

rios wouldnt be able to touch crawford to slick and too black
boxingfan24/7 is offline  Top
Old 03-31-2013, 04:46 PM   #5
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodong View Post
at this time, embarass is a little too strong.
Yeah, that's jumping the gun a bit. He'd certainly create problems for him, though. But at the moment we know nothing about how Crawford would deal with a relentless, in-your-face guy like Rios.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Old 03-31-2013, 05:00 PM   #6
Skilletscuz
mma champ Ronda Rousey
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Yeah, that's jumping the gun a bit. He'd certainly create problems for him, though. But at the moment we know nothing about how Crawford would deal with a relentless, in-your-face guy like Rios.
The Truth

Its one thing about being able to match-up styles in the head, but one uncertainty is the mental strength of the fighter...

That is one compelling aspect about our sport. You never know how a fighter is going to handle sustained pressure, or placed to the brink of a "Fight or Flight" situation. You don't know whether they are going to decide to make a brave stand at that brink, ala Timothy Bradley, or start running on their bike, to fight another day (or round).
You don't know whether a boxer will be able to sustain his mental strength and discipline and continuously move out of position, or just crack under pressure and "shell" up on the ropes and not move. And sometimes it happens not because they're hurt or tired. But that they have fighter spirits and want to make a stand for respect once in awhile, they want to trade and not always have to run and play tag.

Garcia and Rios was counting on Alvarado to switch into this mode and stay close and fight. This time, Alvarado had a definitive gameplan, and though getting suckered in for awhile in the 2nd round, was able to keep pulling back and drop power, while limiting time spent close.

At the time, Crawford isnt fully tested, though we did get to see a good portion of him vs Prescott, who i consider as a B/B+ gatekeeper. Of course Prescott doesnt have the great abiity to cut off the ring and maintain continuous pressure either... Mebbe we'll get to see this fight someday
Skilletscuz is offline  Top
Old 03-31-2013, 05:21 PM   #7
BENNY BLANCO
R.I.P. Brooklyn1550
East Side Guru

From now on every fight for Rios will be very difficult seeing as he got outboxed by a B- Level brawler whose boxing skills ain't all that great, but Crawford looked good last night but I have to see him at least two more times against live bodies to say for sure he would or wouldn't beat Rios.
BENNY BLANCO is offline  Top
Old 03-31-2013, 07:02 PM   #8
Jordan_Davies
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 12201

Ok enough is enough

IT WAS BREIDIS PRESCOTT . . . . .

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Jordan_Davies is offline  Top
Old 03-31-2013, 07:10 PM   #9
boxingfan24/7
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan_Davies View Post
Ok enough is enough

IT WAS BREIDIS PRESCOTT . . . . .

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
but still this was his coming out party hes got a bright future that kind of talent cant go un noticed
boxingfan24/7 is offline  Top
Old 03-31-2013, 07:19 PM   #10
uncle freddie
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

i was thinking the same. hes really crude. rios is a caveman fighter. abril showed he doesnt have a clue in there.
uncle freddie is offline  Top
Old 03-31-2013, 07:24 PM   #11
Jordan_Davies
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 12201

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxingfan24/7 View Post
but still this was his coming out party hes got a bright future that kind of talent cant go un noticed
Hey I was impressed and i dont know why the crowd was booing (probably because they were only interested in a ****ing slugfest) I enjoyed the fight and thought he fought a very smart fight and hopefully he can secure a fight with Khabib Allakhverdiev and i look forward to seeing more of him

When Prescott had his first defeat to Vasquez I remember reading somewhere that "oh well Prescott just lost to a club level fighter" then Vazquez goes onto win a world title in his next fight and has defended it 5 times.

When Prescott has his 5th defeat to Crawford when he was training for another fighter and coming off a knockout loss to Alvarado, a lot of Americans lose their shit and start thinking he is going to be the next Pernell Whitaker

Seriously guys calm the **** down!
Jordan_Davies is offline  Top
Old 03-31-2013, 07:31 PM   #12
FilipMNE
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 461

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENNY BLANCO View Post
From now on every fight for Rios will be very difficult seeing as he got outboxed by a B- Level brawler whose boxing skills ain't all that great, but Crawford looked good last night but I have to see him at least two more times against live bodies to say for sure he would or wouldn't beat Rios.
Well i for one said all along Rios is shit he has A level chin and heart and c- level skills, but some morons on ESB believed he can beat JMM Long list of fighters that would easily outbox Rios...
FilipMNE is offline  Top
Old 03-31-2013, 07:37 PM   #13
MAG1965
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1010

yeah Crawford would probably outbox him and win a UD.
MAG1965 is offline  Top
Old 03-31-2013, 07:44 PM   #14
brnxhands
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 495

Rios is getting slept on now. An Alvarado is being underrated. Rios an alvarado have the style an contrast to go at eachother in war everytime out. I gurantee you there is not many in the world that could handle rios pressure. People picking every fighter against him now saying they would ko brandon. Lmao. Yeah a few fighters probably lickin their chops after seein flaws, an their is a whole lot more at 140 that dont want that pressure and chin in front of them. By the way i picked alvarado to win
brnxhands is offline  Top
Old 03-31-2013, 08:42 PM   #15
markq
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I can't remember the guy Rios fought a couple of years ago, but that guy was outboxing Rios fairly easily. But in the later rounds, Rios wore him down with constant aggression and knocked him out cold. Crawford's fate would likely be the same. I didn't see much pressure at all from Prescott last night.

Crawford v Alvarado might be better. Remember Prescott almost beat Alvarado.
markq is online now  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum