Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2013, 06:13 PM   #76
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: England
Posts: 9,577
vCash: 500
Default Re: Liam Walsh v Harrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy boy balbo View Post
Come April 20th your all going to see the real Scott Harrison, lightning fast and hard to catch. No playin', no jivin', just business. Once Scott easily wipes the floor with this nothing Walsh then Scott will come after Ricky and kick his arse, Ricky Burns days are numbered, mark my words.
Hard to catch? he's been nicked for about every crime he's committed
BoxingAnalyst is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2013, 06:16 PM   #77
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: England
Posts: 9,577
vCash: 500
Default Re: Liam Walsh v Harrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikeside View Post
Canna believe folk still talkin bout him fightin burns
Harrison's WBO reign of terror was pretty gruesome to watch.
BoxingAnalyst is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:17 PM   #78
REEVO
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,569
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Liam Walsh v Harrison

Harrison is finished Walsh will win on points.. Harrison like Hatton are past it..
REEVO is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:16 PM   #79
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,038
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Liam Walsh v Harrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy nelson View Post
I am the only person who can judge who hit the harder Dunky,now get your nose out Scott's arse and get in the real world.
The only person Scott dropped of world class was a very old medina?
Scott has zero chance against Ricky mate you seriously are deluded,there's no point even talking about it coz it won't happen.
Liam Walsh will Eithier stop Scott or win clearly on points,Liam is a. Very good fighter
Billy Nelson, when did I say Scotty would beat Burns??? Thats your problem, always jumping down peoples throats with your Billy big bollocks antics here, take a deep breath & try to read my posts properly before jumping onto the keyboard with your Rickster cape on!

Dont shoot the messenger, all I did was tell you that after Scotty gives Walsh a walloping, which could get him in the WBO world rankings, which makes him a possible opponent for Ricky! I never said Scotty would beat the Rickster, I just said Scotty will have Burns in his sights.

As for Harrisons best win being against an old Medina? I disagree wholeheartedly. I would explain why, but you have probably spazzed out as usual by now before you reached this far!
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:28 PM   #80
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,038
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Liam Walsh v Harrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy nelson View Post
Dunky your heads ****ed mate,Scott did have drink and depression issues Dunky or are you in denial again,bottom line is Dunky now read this carefully,Scott won't be fighting Ricky.
How can you say he wants what rightfully his, the real reason Scott lost his title was coz he failed to make weight badly against Cook,when you do that forfeit what WAS yours.
So if Scotty beats Walsh, who you are tipping to beat Harrison, & he gets a WBO world ranking, & there is STILL no defining fight or unification fight for Burns, wouldnt you agree that scotty should be given a chance to fight Ricky for the world title?
I would love to believe theres bigger fish for Burns to fry than a comebacking tartan terror, its just that Ricky doesnt seem that interested in frying big fish nowadays
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:42 PM   #81
ryandud
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 205
vCash: 500
Default Re: Liam Walsh v Harrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy boy balbo View Post
Come April 20th your all going to see the real Scott Harrison, lightning fast and hard to catch. No playin', no jivin', just business. Once Scott easily wipes the floor with this nothing Walsh then Scott will come after Ricky and kick his arse, Ricky Burns days are numbered, mark my words.
Genuinely one of most outrageous things wrote on here and thats saying something!

Ricky burns despite the know alls on here is a world class boxing champion who has lived the life of a champion.To even suggest harisson could even trouble burns after I believe ten rounds of action in 8 years is laughable considering hat he has been through.Harrison didnt live the life at his peak and he has hardly in his time off!

After what scott has been through i wish Him all the best but i seriously doubt he will get past walsh and if he does thats a million miles from where ricky is at.

Iv said before im not neccasarilly a huge burns fan but he has improved all the way and he looked awesome at the weight against mitchell and looked very strong at the weight.Harrison would get a pasting.

After all the pasting ricky has taken about fighting nobodys, some harsh ,others not, to even think of ricky fighting scott anytime soon is absurd.

This is a test for harrison but even if he wins it he needs to fight and beat someone at least fringe world class to give the bout any credibility in my opinion.That said this is a business and what fight other than broner is out there for harrison that could generate publicity and more importantly money for ricky burns than this one so could well be wrong.
ryandud is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 03:32 AM   #82
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,594
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Liam Walsh v Harrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunky McCafferty View Post
So if Scotty beats Walsh, who you are tipping to beat Harrison, & he gets a WBO world ranking, & there is STILL no defining fight or unification fight for Burns, wouldnt you agree that scotty should be given a chance to fight Ricky for the world title?
I would love to believe theres bigger fish for Burns to fry than a comebacking tartan terror, its just that Ricky doesnt seem that interested in frying big fish nowadays
1.imo Liam Walsh wins
2.if Scott wins I'd say he's still 2-3 fights away from fighting Ricky
3.Scott v Mitchell or Moses or Rees
4.then fight Ricky and get destroyed
billy nelson is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 03:35 AM   #83
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,594
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Liam Walsh v Harrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryandud View Post
Genuinely one of most outrageous things wrote on here and thats saying something!

Ricky burns despite the know alls on here is a world class boxing champion who has lived the life of a champion.To even suggest harisson could even trouble burns after I believe ten rounds of action in 8 years is laughable considering hat he has been through.Harrison didnt live the life at his peak and he has hardly in his time off!

After what scott has been through i wish Him all the best but i seriously doubt he will get past walsh and if he does thats a million miles from where ricky is at.

Iv said before im not neccasarilly a huge burns fan but he has improved all the way and he looked awesome at the weight against mitchell and looked very strong at the weight.Harrison would get a pasting.

After all the pasting ricky has taken about fighting nobodys, some harsh ,others not, to even think of ricky fighting scott anytime soon is absurd.

This is a test for harrison but even if he wins it he needs to fight and beat someone at least fringe world class to give the bout any credibility in my opinion.That said this is a business and what fight other than broner is out there for harrison that could generate publicity and more importantly money for ricky burns than this one so could well be wrong.
Dunky please read the above!
billy nelson is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 03:41 AM   #84
Jquik
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,756
vCash: 500
Default Re: Liam Walsh v Harrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaboilc lion View Post
hopefully walsh finishes harrison off
otherwise he will be a burns oppenent sooner or later
The idea of a Harrison Burns fight went out the window as soon as Burns left for Matchroom.I have a feeling if Scott Harrison wins this fight owl fish eyes might try and get Miguel Vasquez for him in Scotland.Will he get passed Walsh though hmm that remains to be seen lets call it a 50/50 fight.
Jquik is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 03:47 AM   #85
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,594
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Liam Walsh v Harrison

Dunky I think your an ok guy mate but you have been listening to bullshit from people for a long long time.
unfortunately Scott has blown it far to many time in the past for people to take him seriously,he had a great opportunity when managed by Alex and even Alex seen the light a lot quicker than others may I add.
yes Scott was a excellent fight 8years ago no doubt,but Dunky now is Ricky Burn's time Scott would be destroyed in less than 6 rounds mate.
Peter Harrison will tell whoever listens Scott's better now than 10 years ago PISH!
The strength and conditioner coach also said Scotts the finest athlete he's worked with,well George you have an open invitation to my gym your opinion on that will change very very quickly.
I wish Scott well in his fight but fear he will lose
billy nelson is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 05:03 AM   #86
BodyBlaster
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,056
vCash: 1090
Default Re: Liam Walsh v Harrison

I think, at their respective bests, Burns v Harrison would have been a great fight. Scott was much stronger, Ricky faster, and I'd say there boxing abilities were pretty even.
I think now, even Scott's fight with Walsh, could be a very sorry sight. Scott looked in his last fight to have very little to go with. It could have been that his timing was off, or whatever, but the guy he was fighting although bigger, n pretty much there to survive, made Scott look terrible, and he was very limited. Everytime he let his hands go, Scott didn't have an answer except to back peddle.
I've also heard on the flip side Scott's training like an animal and looking great in sparring, but if that's the case, why has pretty much everyone but his Dad walked away from him.
If Scott is fighting fit, and gets top sparring for several weeks, maybe, just maybe, and I hope so, but I've the feeling it's the closing chapter.
I like Scott, and wish him all the best.
I also like Ricky Burns, and although didn't rate him before his last half dozen fights, do now, but think like Scott did in JMM, Barrera, Morales, has better fighters than him in his division.
BodyBlaster is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:21 AM   #87
moog
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 304
vCash: 500
Default Re: Liam Walsh v Harrison

I actually said ricky had quicker feet, not the other way round Billy. Of course you will say that Ricky is better, he pays your wages mate. When Scott paid your wages I am sure you said he was the best. Scott beat a higher calibre fighter than Ricky, Yes Ricky might end up with a better record in that department as he keeps out of trouble but not at the moment. Scott beat Abelyn, Estrada, McCullough (who said Scott was his toughest opponent-look who he fought), Chacon, Hussein, Brodie (who draw with Chi proved it at world level) Tom Johnson - yes he was old but scott was 22/23 then at same stage Ricky was getting beat of Carl Johansson and Alex Arthur. Scott also beat Tracey Patterson at Madison square garden at the age of 21/22. In total he beat 6 world champs by age of 25/26. All the above mentioned were better p4p than Kastidas and Mitchell. Mitchell has only had 1 fight v a world class opponent - Ricky and got spanked in 4, then he had a fight with kstidas fringe world class before and got hammered in 3. So its fair to say he is a long way of being world class.
moog is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:56 AM   #88
HOF
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,423
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Liam Walsh v Harrison

Harrison really doesn't deserve the loyalty his fans are showing him, and fairplay to them. But he is 35 yrs of age now and has made Hatton look like a schoolboy in the playing hard stakes, and look how hard it was for Hatton on his return. F*ank has set this fight up for Walsh and not the other way round. Harrison has had one 10 rounder and a 6 rounder since 2005. W*rren owes Liam big time and has fed him somebody who's name still stirs it with the boxing fans as is evident on this thread, but who is long gone.

Last edited by HOF; 04-02-2013 at 11:06 AM.
HOF is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:37 AM   #89
BodyBlaster
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,056
vCash: 1090
Default Re: Liam Walsh v Harrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by moog View Post
I actually said ricky had quicker feet, not the other way round Billy. Of course you will say that Ricky is better, he pays your wages mate. When Scott paid your wages I am sure you said he was the best. Scott beat a higher calibre fighter than Ricky, Yes Ricky might end up with a better record in that department as he keeps out of trouble but not at the moment. Scott beat Abelyn, Estrada, McCullough (who said Scott was his toughest opponent-look who he fought), Chacon, Hussein, Brodie (who draw with Chi proved it at world level) Tom Johnson - yes he was old but scott was 22/23 then at same stage Ricky was getting beat of Carl Johansson and Alex Arthur. Scott also beat Tracey Patterson at Madison square garden at the age of 21/22. In total he beat 6 world champs by age of 25/26. All the above mentioned were better p4p than Kastidas and Mitchell. Mitchell has only had 1 fight v a world class opponent - Ricky and got spanked in 4, then he had a fight with kstidas fringe world class before and got hammered in 3. So its fair to say he is a long way of being world class.
Good post!
Billy saying Burns is better than Scott was carries about as much weight for me as Manny Steward saying whilst training Wladimir Klitscko he was better than Lennox Lewis.
BodyBlaster is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:42 AM   #90
TED 822
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,109
vCash: 500
Default Re: Liam Walsh v Harrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by moog View Post
I actually said ricky had quicker feet, not the other way round Billy. Of course you will say that Ricky is better, he pays your wages mate. When Scott paid your wages I am sure you said he was the best. Scott beat a higher calibre fighter than Ricky, Yes Ricky might end up with a better record in that department as he keeps out of trouble but not at the moment. Scott beat Abelyn, Estrada, McCullough (who said Scott was his toughest opponent-look who he fought), Chacon, Hussein, Brodie (who draw with Chi proved it at world level) Tom Johnson - yes he was old but scott was 22/23 then at same stage Ricky was getting beat of Carl Johansson and Alex Arthur. Scott also beat Tracey Patterson at Madison square garden at the age of 21/22. In total he beat 6 world champs by age of 25/26. All the above mentioned were better p4p than Kastidas and Mitchell. Mitchell has only had 1 fight v a world class opponent - Ricky and got spanked in 4, then he had a fight with kstidas fringe world class before and got hammered in 3. So its fair to say he is a long way of being world class.
This has given me a reminder of what a really good fighter Harrison WAS.I would say the quality of Burns opposition is about equal.I lean towards Harrison at their peaks,but Burns career is not over,and probably not for a while yet.If,say,he beat Vasquez,Id probably change my mind.When Scott went off the rails,it was before he had fought the very elite.How long would his 2 comeback opponents have lasted 10 years ago?Ive got doubts that the Walsh fight will even happen,but if it does wouldn't be surprised if he got stopped.
TED 822 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013