Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 04-04-2013, 09:35 AM   #151
billy boy balbo

vCash: 75
Default Re: Liam Walsh v Harrison

Billy I sent you a facebook friend request and you have not responded yet, get to it.
billy boy balbo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2013, 09:36 AM   #152
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by moog View Post
Did you not mention he never fought sfw champ over money, I take it that was Barrios you were talking about Billy, if so does than not answer your question why he never fought him. on another note is the type of training regime than you put Ricky through very similar to Scott in your days with him ? What are main differences if any.
Id say there very different simply the fact Scott was all about strength,Ricky initially was speed an movement but now he sitting down on his shots and hurting people.
I'd say the groundwork is a bit more advanced as well now but you need to change with the times on occasions.
No it wouldn't answer my question because taking that fight would have propelled scott and would have made weight making easier coz he struggled badly
billy nelson is offline  Top
Old 04-04-2013, 09:39 AM   #153
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy boy balbo View Post
Billy I sent you a facebook friend request and you have not responded yet, get to it.
I don't do Facebook billy someone made that one up
Old 04-04-2013, 09:40 AM   #154
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy boy balbo View Post
Billy I don't do Facebook or twitter someone made that Facebook page up
Old 04-04-2013, 09:44 AM   #155
billy boy balbo

vCash: 75

Cool mate. I saw a new Scott Harrison twitter account has popped up not sure if its real or not but theres gym pictures and Peter Harrison has retweeted some of the stuff. Check it out see if you think its legit.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
billy boy balbo is offline  Top
Old 04-04-2013, 10:22 AM   #156
Dunky McCafferty
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy nelson View Post
Not very funny Dunky, if only you knew the truth instead of possibly one side of the story.
apologies Billy. It was meant in jest, but looking at it again, people could take it the wrong way I suppose.

Consider it deleted
Dunky McCafferty is offline  Top
Old 04-04-2013, 11:07 AM   #157
SG77
Journeyman

vCash: 500

I agree he doesnt deserve a shot at Ricky this moment in time but if he comes through against Walsh then surely he should get a crack at him.
After all it's the fans who put the money in and they want to see it happen.
My personnel opinion Ricky doesn't want it he's in a no win situation, if he beats Scott then some people will say Scott was finished.
You say Ricky has got bigger fights out there, why not fight Broner the biggest fight of them all. By the way I think Ricky is an great fighter with a good boxing brain but best light weight in the world he is not, by a long way.
SG77 is offline  Top
Old 04-04-2013, 01:19 PM   #158
moog
Contender
ESB Senior Member

It is a genuine twitter page for scott, its iamscotharrison.

I agree he should have fought Barrios if money was not too bad as i think not moving up weight played a part in scotts problems out of ring, he literally looked starving around weigh in times back then
moog is offline  Top
Old 04-04-2013, 01:46 PM   #159
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru

Quote:
It is a genuine twitter page for scott, its iamscotharrison.

I agree he should have fought Barrios if money was not too bad as i think not moving up weight played a part in scotts problems out of ring, he literally looked starving around weigh in times back then
At last someone sees sense
Old 04-04-2013, 01:50 PM   #160
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG77 View Post
I agree he doesnt deserve a shot at Ricky this moment in time but if he comes through against Walsh then surely he should get a crack at him.
After all it's the fans who put the money in and they want to see it happen.
My personnel opinion Ricky doesn't want it he's in a no win situation, if he beats Scott then some people will say Scott was finished.
You say Ricky has got bigger fights out there, why not fight Broner the biggest fight of them all. By the way I think Ricky is an great fighter with a good boxing brain but best light weight in the world he is not, by a long way.
No I personally don't think if and that's a big if Scott beats Liam the winner should fight Ricky.
After this defence Ricky will really only be interested in unification fights before moving up to LWW.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:35 PM   #161
TED 822
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I think the first big IF is the Harrison vs Walsh fight takes place at all.the 2nd is if Scott can last the distance.He was a terrific,exciting fighter but he's 35 and past it.Would have beat Walsh 10 years ago but not now IMO.Had the Walsh/Burns match come off,I think it would have been a decent fight,reckon Burns on points.Burns is good,vastly improved but I think its good that Broner will move up soon,hell be champ at a few weights.This will let Ricky defend some more,Vasquez a 50 50,again only my thoughts.Scotts comeback reminds me of the American in the Duran era,world class middleweight who spent years in jail,comeback came to nothing,Baby Bull,forgot his real name.Hope he can do something anyway,and turn his life around.
TED 822 is offline  Top
Old 04-04-2013, 02:40 PM   #162
moog
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Scott should as a x2 wbo world champion be made mandatory if he beats Walsh (as people who are unproven at top level can become mandatory, though if he got Vasquez next and won the biggest unification fight in scottish if not british history could be made, now that would be interesting. As for Ricky he might pick up more world titles at lightweight if he keeps with deciding not to fighting Vasquez and Broner.
moog is offline  Top
Old 04-04-2013, 02:43 PM   #163
moog
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Billy do you think Ricky should aim for a fight with Amir Khan? i think that would be a good fight and i would actually fancy Ricky's chances as he has a better defence and is the same size as Khan.
moog is offline  Top
Old 04-04-2013, 03:18 PM   #164
SG77
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TED 822 View Post
I think the first big IF is the Harrison vs Walsh fight takes place at all.the 2nd is if Scott can last the distance.He was a terrific,exciting fighter but he's 35 and past it.Would have beat Walsh 10 years ago but not now IMO.Had the Walsh/Burns match come off,I think it would have been a decent fight,reckon Burns on points.Burns is good,vastly improved but I think its good that Broner will move up soon,hell be champ at a few weights.This will let Ricky defend some more,Vasquez a 50 50,again only my thoughts.Scotts comeback reminds me of the American in the Duran era,world class middleweight who spent years in jail,comeback came to nothing,Baby Bull,forgot his real name.Hope he can do something anyway,and turn his life around.
As I said before you can't judge Scott on his last fight, this will be the test no excuses, but saying he is past it at 35 is a bit premature, look at Marquez.
I beleive Peter when he says it's the best he's looked and I actually think he will be stronger at LW. The fact he was able to make 9 stone and perform the way he did says it all about his will to win.
SG77 is offline  Top
Old 04-04-2013, 03:28 PM   #165
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru

Quote:
Billy do you think Ricky should aim for a fight with Amir Khan? i think that would be a good fight and i would actually fancy Ricky's chances as he has a better defence and is the same size as Khan.
I know Ricky would be keen on that one massive fight in the UK

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum