Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2013, 11:20 PM   #106
rusty nails
Tszyu for PM!!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: dunno..where am i???
Posts: 3,157
vCash: 1000
Default Re: John Wayne Parr comeback is official

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spider View Post
CHANGE OF OPPONENT FOR JWP:

"Everything is going well my end. Only drama is my opponent changed a few days ago. Fadi who I was suppose to fight got in contact with the promoter last week saying he was still happy to fight me, but he no longer wanted to put up his belt incase he lost!! Since then the sanctioning body has stripped him of his title, now I am rematching Mostafa Abdollahi for the vacant belt" - JWP


Fadi sounds like the big loser in all this.

if he was still happy to fight JWP why not just strip him and make him fight for the vacant title?
rusty nails is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2013, 01:50 AM   #107
PIRA
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,581
vCash: 1000
Default Re: John Wayne Parr comeback is official

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty nails View Post
if he was still happy to fight JWP why not just strip him and make him fight for the vacant title?

Anyone can easily state "I am happy.....blah,blah,blah". More often than not guys that start to set these "pre-conditions" are going to a total pain in the arse - when you have been a pain in the arse once then you are likely to be going forward. Such was the case here - there were more "pre-conditions" emerging.


Now JWP and Mosi will scrap over the belt with Fadi left out in the cold.
PIRA is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:17 AM   #108
rusty nails
Tszyu for PM!!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: dunno..where am i???
Posts: 3,157
vCash: 1000
Default Re: John Wayne Parr comeback is official

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIRA View Post
Anyone can easily state "I am happy.....blah,blah,blah". More often than not guys that start to set these "pre-conditions" are going to a total pain in the arse - when you have been a pain in the arse once then you are likely to be going forward. Such was the case here - there were more "pre-conditions" emerging.


Now JWP and Mosi will scrap over the belt with Fadi left out in the cold.
i didnt realise the orgs were so cut throat in kickboxing.
in boxing theyll usually bend over backwards to satisfy their champions demands. i guess they saw the ass kicking JWP was about to dish out and figured better please the future champ then the soon to be displaced one
rusty nails is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:47 AM   #109
PIRA
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,581
vCash: 1000
Default Re: John Wayne Parr comeback is official

Great show.

JWP wins by 2nd round ko.

Absolute bombs thrown by both guys during the first two rounds. Mostafa has improved heaps and had JWP off a bit in the first round. Had bursts where both stood toe to toe throwing with power shots whistling past. JWP backed Mostafa to the ropes and KO'd with 8 punch combo (the one you see him do on the the pads vid), the ropes propping Mostafa up until he slid down them ala Tommy Morrison. KO was right in front of my judging position, thankfully Mostafa recovered fine.


Aaron Goodson won in an awesome display. Prepping now for Germany next month against Michael Hasselbeck world title shot.

Show will be officially streamed on Monday. Check Powerplay Promotions facebook for details.
PIRA is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:32 PM   #110
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bangkok
Posts: 3,520
vCash: 500
Default Re: John Wayne Parr comeback is official

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIRA View Post
Great show.

JWP wins by 2nd round ko.

Absolute bombs thrown by both guys during the first two rounds. Mostafa has improved heaps and had JWP off a bit in the first round. Had bursts where both stood toe to toe throwing with power shots whistling past. JWP backed Mostafa to the ropes and KO'd with 8 punch combo (the one you see him do on the the pads vid), the ropes propping Mostafa up until he slid down them ala Tommy Morrison. KO was right in front of my judging position, thankfully Mostafa recovered fine.


Aaron Goodson won in an awesome display. Prepping now for Germany next month against Michael Hasselbeck world title shot.

Show will be officially streamed on Monday. Check Powerplay Promotions facebook for details.
Sounds brutal, nice fight description. Will check out the stream.

The gunslinger's back in town, bring on Marco Pique........ (That'll be a great scrap!)
boranbkk is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:15 PM   #111
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: @ferociousflea
Posts: 39,882
vCash: 75
Default Re: John Wayne Parr comeback is official

Crackin' avatar Boran; future Lumpinee champ' right there
Flea Man is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:37 PM   #112
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bangkok
Posts: 3,520
vCash: 500
Default Re: John Wayne Parr comeback is official

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
Crackin' avatar Boran; future Lumpinee champ' right there
Don't ya know that boss!

Bukaw Sor. Pet Boran!

(His shorts say Jomhod!)
boranbkk is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:39 PM   #113
The Spider
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: John Wayne Parr comeback is official

Have been away for a week. Great to hear JWP had such a good win
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:36 AM   #114
ozziebattler
Shadow Boxer
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Wild West of Sydney
Posts: 3,331
vCash: 1000
Default Re: John Wayne Parr comeback is official

The gunslinger never ages . The legend continues to live on in the ring
ozziebattler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:42 AM   #115
The Spider
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: John Wayne Parr comeback is official

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozziebattler View Post
The gunslinger never ages . The legend continues to live on in the ring
...and next fight in the cage
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:19 AM   #116
ozziebattler
Shadow Boxer
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Wild West of Sydney
Posts: 3,331
vCash: 1000
Default Re: John Wayne Parr comeback is official

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spider View Post
...and next fight in the cage
Wish he got to fight one of the Diaz brothers who always winge that there opponents never want to stand and trade .

After a round with the gunslinger they would refer back to take downs &
Sub attempts ..

If only jwp was younger . Mma would be a
Piece of piss for him ...
ozziebattler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013