Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 04-19-2013, 11:38 AM   #46
Dan684
Dave's Stepdad
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: kell brook interview on ringside

And swimming is all technique (obv unless you're trying to thrash out a length or two as fast as you physically can - even then technique helps)
Dan684 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2013, 11:48 AM   #47
USA Rob
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan684 View Post
Frankie will prove me right son

Dont post as much coz I got a new job which wasnt sat infront of a screen 7hrs a day, and tend not to go online much at home.

New job now so maybe back on a bit more

Anyway, I did a half marathon in early Jan this year. Never did one before, what time did you get?
I just don't see it. Sadly have been proved right about Frankie a number of times now.

Good to hear.

It was a 15k run & 10k cycle and I did 3hours 0 minutes & 57secs. Devastated not to get under 3.
USA Rob is offline  Top
Old 04-19-2013, 12:05 PM   #48
Dan684
Dave's Stepdad
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA Rob View Post
I just don't see it. Sadly have been proved right about Frankie a number of times now.

Good to hear.

It was a 15k run & 10k cycle and I did 3hours 0 minutes & 57secs. Devastated not to get under 3.
You'll be wrong

Anyways, nice one. I'm running my 10km's in around 39mins now so i'm flying.

Half Marathon is 21km. The one I did in Jan I did in 1:31. To be honest despite the fact that I came 39th out of 450+ I was pretty sick with myself. I didnt train over Xmas and had a bit of an injury but all things aside I genuinely reckon I should have been closer to 1:25
Dan684 is offline  Top
Old 04-19-2013, 12:38 PM   #49
USA Rob
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan684 View Post
You'll be wrong

Anyways, nice one. I'm running my 10km's in around 39mins now so i'm flying.

Half Marathon is 21km. The one I did in Jan I did in 1:31. To be honest despite the fact that I came 39th out of 450+ I was pretty sick with myself. I didnt train over Xmas and had a bit of an injury but all things aside I genuinely reckon I should have been closer to 1:25
I never really trained to be honest. just always been pretty fit in general. play allot of football and tennis and that got me through. next time I will train.

it was 21k then. it was 100% half marathon not sure why i said 15k.
USA Rob is offline  Top
Old 04-19-2013, 12:45 PM   #50
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadonna Kool View Post
Johnny Nelson is still one of the hardest people in this country, he can wear jeans and a tie combo.

He can take those risks.

Sometimes you kill me PK.
shaunster101 is online now  Top
Old 04-19-2013, 12:49 PM   #51
Tyrion
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadonna Kool View Post
Johnny Nelson is still one of the hardest people in this country, he can wear jeans and a tie combo.

He can take those risks.
Mr Nelson has fine taste. His favourite food is Es*** girl's fish pie.
Tyrion is offline  Top
Old 04-19-2013, 01:03 PM   #52
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Bloated around the face. Whether he's gone on skimmish before or after this stuff we don't know but he's looks rough.

I think he was never comfortable with going into fight in May after training hard and Alexander pulling out i sensed he wasn't happy with another camp straight off the back of the other one.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 04-19-2013, 01:29 PM   #53
Hammy
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillspayBills View Post
Bloated around the face. Whether he's gone on skimmish before or after this stuff we don't know but he's looks rough.

I think he was never comfortable with going into fight in May after training hard and Alexander pulling out i sensed he wasn't happy with another camp straight off the back of the other one.
I always thought this was I bad idea myself, to have a good camp away from family only to then have to taper down and go again isn't ideal preparation.
Hammy is offline  Top
Old 04-19-2013, 02:34 PM   #54
nick6
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

He injured his foot 2 weeks ago the fights still 5 weeks away, so he would of had 7 weeks. He could of shifted any excess weight easily! He has a professional dietitian, nutritionist, strength and condition coach working with him and hes a professional athlete who has all day to train hard.

It doesn't take him 3 weeks to lose 3lbs following a weight watchers special diet like the average person the weight was never a issue.

Plus he doesn't need to get down to 147 its more like 155 1 week before the fight and then just boil down to 147 like the other 99% of fighters do. It sounds like hes got a genuine injury.
nick6 is offline  Top
Old 04-19-2013, 02:51 PM   #55
mishima
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMan91 View Post
Khan's bumboy Saj tweeted that he'd been out on the piss every night and wasn't gonna make weight so that's why they called the fight off.

Obviously that's from Saj though so, you know...
mIght be some truth in this but I think the injury played a big part. I heard reports of Kell Brook (in his early days with Frank ******) struggling to control his diet
mishima is offline  Top
Old 04-19-2013, 03:58 PM   #56
Wig
Contender
ESB Senior Member

all the ****ing amateur poirots out on this thread
Wig is offline  Top
Old 04-19-2013, 05:58 PM   #57
doug.ie
'Classic Boxing Society'
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick6 View Post
He injured his foot 2 weeks ago the fights still 5 weeks away, so he would of had 7 weeks. He could of shifted any excess weight easily! He has a professional dietitian, nutritionist, strength and condition coach working with him and hes a professional athlete who has all day to train hard.

It doesn't take him 3 weeks to lose 3lbs following a weight watchers special diet like the average person the weight was never a issue.

Plus he doesn't need to get down to 147 its more like 155 1 week before the fight and then just boil down to 147 like the other 99% of fighters do. It sounds like hes got a genuine injury.
sounds sensible that
doug.ie is offline  Top
Old 04-19-2013, 06:07 PM   #58
USA Rob
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

he could make weight but wouldnt be able to spar. that was the issue.
USA Rob is offline  Top
Old 04-19-2013, 06:12 PM   #59
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

Bizarre!

Brook looks way over weight; granted! that means nothing, he's clearly been injured for a reasonable amount of time being that its a stress fracture.

More alarmingly is his lack of desire to pursue Alexander or fight for a world title, if its on offer. The rumours are out there about Kell Brook and this just stokes the flames that bit more, I dont like the idea of being sat here accusing a model pro of un-profesional behaviour in the build up to a huge fight but like I've said the rumours are out there! I hope there not true, specifically at this stage.

The poor cunt looks like he's lost the will to live
thewinfella is offline  Top
Old 04-19-2013, 06:15 PM   #60
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

Quote:

According to Brook, the boiling down days are over, in reality the boiling down days are over for most top fighters, feeding and hydrating guys constantly all day every day is the way most fighters / nutritionists are doing it now.

The Mike Dolce way
thewinfella is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum