Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 04-20-2013, 08:14 PM   #31
Berliner
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 272
Default Re: Tough night for fury?

Fury has a shaky ass chin. Getting hurt against Cunningham, Pajkic and Firtha is not good at all and the first good heavyweight will knock him out!
He won tonight because he is big! He is matched carefully, never faced a strong heavyweight till now. I dont think they want to fight Pulev.
Berliner is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2013, 08:23 PM   #32
WinstonBarry
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berliner View Post
Fury has a shaky ass chin. Getting hurt against Cunningham, Pajkic and Firtha is not good at all and the first good heavyweight will knock him out!
He won tonight because he is big! He is matched carefully, never faced a strong heavyweight till now. I dont think they want to fight Pulev.
He didn't fight particularly sensibly, did he. That was part of the problem.

He didn't look hurt to me - he got knocked down, but that does happen if you get smacked square in the face by a 6ft 3 heavy man
WinstonBarry is offline  Top
Old 04-20-2013, 08:26 PM   #33
DDDUUDDDEE
Undisputed Ambien (taker)
East Side Guru

I thought it was more of a flash knockdown by USS in the second round, akin to Douglas-Tyson when Mike landed that sweet uppercut as Buster got careless. Fury looked annoyed with himself more than anything.

Cunningham fought a smart fight and both guys showed tremendous heart and will. What a great Heavyweight fight.
DDDUUDDDEE is offline  Top
Old 04-20-2013, 08:31 PM   #34
Berliner
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinstonBarry View Post

He didn't look hurt to me - he got knocked down, but that does happen if you get smacked square in the face by a 6ft 3 heavy man
Berliner is offline  Top
Old 04-20-2013, 08:33 PM   #35
nick6
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:

I personally thought there was a time in the fight where fury looked very worried
nick6 is offline  Top
Old 04-20-2013, 08:35 PM   #36
WinstonBarry
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick6 View Post
I personally thought there was a time in the fight where fury looked very worried
Yes, especially when the point was deducted - looked as though he thought it was slipping away. He didn't fight very well and didn't use his natural attributes - height especially - to his advantage. Clearly got too emotional.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:36 PM   #37
WinstonBarry
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Great retort.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:41 PM   #38
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDDUUDDDEE View Post
I thought it was more of a flash knockdown by USS in the second round, akin to Douglas-Tyson when Mike landed that sweet uppercut as Buster got careless. Fury looked annoyed with himself more than anything.

Cunningham fought a smart fight and both guys showed tremendous heart and will. What a great Heavyweight fight.
Cunningham fought a big mans fight, and was still giving it to Tyson Fury, and still technically getting off the better work more so than Fury. Fury looked clueless at times, and had to resort to his only real advantage, size, weight, strength! But pound for pound USS Cunningham looked like the better athlete, and in better condition! He for me just got too emotional, and i honestly think he could of boxed and moved, and walked Tyson Fury onto punches in the second half of the fight instead of getting emotional.
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 04-20-2013, 08:44 PM   #39
Berliner
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Great retort.
You just cant see reality if you say Fury was not hurt. Fury has a shaky chin! It was not the first time he was down or hurt. He will get knocked out as soon he faces the first strong heavyweight! Cunningham is everything but not a heavyweight! And Fury never should have had these big problems with Cunningham.
Fury only won because he got Cunningham tired by clinching and laying on him. Nothing impressiv at all.
Dont hype up Cunningham! He is just a featherfisted Cruiserweight (Hell even at Cruiserweight his power was seen as low, yet he was able to hurt Fury).
Berliner is offline  Top
Old 04-20-2013, 08:46 PM   #40
DDDUUDDDEE
Undisputed Ambien (taker)
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadonna Kool View Post
Cunningham fought a big mans fight, and was still giving it to Tyson Fury, and still technically getting off the better work more so than Fury. Fury looked clueless at times, and had to resort to his only real advantage, size, weight, strength! But pound for pound USS Cunningham looked like the better athlete, and in better condition! He for me just got too emotional, and i honestly think he could of boxed and moved, and walked Tyson Fury onto punches in the second half of the fight instead of getting emotional.
I agree that USS definitely looked the technically better of the two, Tyson's short right hook to end affairs was great for such a big man though, hell he might be the best big inside fighter since Bowe.

Do you think there should be a rematch?

I would like to see one tbh, the fight was ****ing immense
DDDUUDDDEE is offline  Top
Old 04-20-2013, 08:47 PM   #41
|A|C|S|
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 412

Fury would always stop him late the size and height advantage was too much, I think Fury made it tougher for himself he fought a stupid fight, he was swinging wide punches and squaring his feet up waiting to be countered, if he fought behind a jab like the Johnson fight he woulda looked alot better, either way Cunningham would always get tired against Fury and get stopped
|A|C|S| is offline  Top
Old 04-20-2013, 08:50 PM   #42
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
You just cant see reality if you say Fury was not hurt. Fury has a shaky chin! It was not the first time he was down or hurt. He will get knocked out as soon he faces the first strong heavyweight! Cunningham is everything but not a heavyweight! And Fury never should have had these big problems with Cunningham.
Fury only won because he got Cunningham tired by clinching and laying on him. Nothing impressiv at all.
Dont hype up Cunningham! He is just a featherfisted Cruiserweight (Hell even at Cruiserweight his power was seen as low, yet he was able to hurt Fury).
Cunningham is a good fighter, very good fighter. But in a way i agree, Tyson Fury before this fight was piping up about being 6"9 and superheavyweight. If you are 6"1 6"2 6"3 these days and weigh 200-220 pounds these days, people automatically discriminate against these type of heavyweight fighters. Steve USS Cunningham, fought a big mans fight tonight! And he had Tyson Fury hurt, technically..? He was getting the better punches off.

Tyson Fury had to simply resort to his only real advanatge, size, weight!

I don't think Fury is the athlete, past superheavyweights like the Kiltschko's or even Lennox Lewis, Riddick Bowe, Razor Ruddock where!

Size was not the only problem, when you faced fighters like that.

I think Tyson Fury has made a massive mistake! baiting David Haye.

I think he is in allot of trouble.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:52 PM   #43
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDDUUDDDEE View Post
I agree that USS definitely looked the technically better of the two, Tyson's short right hook to end affairs was great for such a big man though, hell he might be the best big inside fighter since Bowe.

Do you think there should be a rematch?

I would like to see one tbh, the fight was ****ing immense
I want to see the rematch, Steve USS Cunningham was pissed off, and i think he is still pissed off! He took allot of abuse leading up to the fight, and to be honest..? I did not like the way Tyson Fury was pushing USS Cunningham inbetween rounds.

I think Steve USS Cunningham could win the rematch.

Ether which way man..? I think a light heavyweight is going to beat Tyson Fury up.

Ether Steve USS Cunningham or David Haye.

All these superheavyweights running around these days, thinking the title is owed to them because they are 6"5 plus.

There's a civil war going on in the heavyweight division between old school heavyweights and superheavyweights.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:53 PM   #44
WinstonBarry
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Bore off Berliner - unless it's some dodgy eastern European who's a 'naturalised' German then the fighter is by default 'hyped' or 'shit'.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:57 PM   #45
WinstonBarry
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadonna Kool View Post
Cunningham is a good fighter, very good fighter. But in a way i agree, Tyson Fury before this fight was piping up about being 6"9 and superheavyweight. If you are 6"1 6"2 6"3 these days and weigh 200-220 pounds these days, people automatically discriminate against these type of heavyweight fighters. Steve USS Cunningham, fought a big mans fight tonight! And he had Tyson Fury hurt, technically..? He was getting the better punches off.

Tyson Fury had to simply resort to his only real advanatge, size, weight!

I don't think Fury is the athlete, past superheavyweights like the Kiltschko's or even Lennox Lewis, Riddick Bowe, Razor Ruddock where!

Size was not the only problem, when you faced fighters like that.

I think Tyson Fury has made a massive mistake! baiting David Haye.

I think he is in allot of trouble.
I think it was pretty clear that Fury was emotionally invested in the fight when he should have fought impassively - that was a major undoing and an unnecessary risk. You say he used his natural advantages, but he did so in a limited fashion - the fight against Johnson was a blueprint example of utilising his natural advantages; in this encounter he just wanted to brawl - was it because of the venue? The setting? Or was he riled by Cunningham? Either way, it almost backfired.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum