Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 04-24-2013, 10:47 AM   #31
RJJ's Jab
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1185
Default Re: Mir V Werdum

Werdum bests Mir easily I think he stops him as well.
RJJ's Jab is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2013, 11:00 AM   #32
Beouche
Dinamita
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

At the end of every Werdum fight, if hes the winner, Bruce should scream

"WEEEEEEEERRRRRDDDDDDOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!!!!......." *then dramatically point at the loser* ".........AND YOOOOOOOOOOUUUUURRREEEEE DOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMEEEDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Beouche is offline  Top
Old 04-24-2013, 11:02 AM   #33
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Ummm...

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 04-24-2013, 11:05 AM   #34
Manila
Temporarily Unbanned
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beouche View Post

"WEEEEEEEERRRRRDDDDDDOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!!!!......." *then dramatically point at the loser* ".........AND YOOOOOOOOOOUUUUURRREEEEE DOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMEEEDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Why?
Manila is offline  Top
Old 04-24-2013, 11:22 AM   #35
Koa
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post

A shot fighter is Ali circa Holmes and Berbick. Tyson versus Williams and McBride. Not guys who can compete and hold their own at the top level of combat sports.

The K1 tournament was weak compared to previous editions, and Cro Cop was lucky to get the nod in his first fight, but he still won it. A shot fighter who can't pull the trigger anymore doesn't win that or ANY tournament.

Cro Cop has gone 6-0 since returning to kickboxing, including winning the biggest tournament in the sport. During that tournament he handed a 21-0 fighter his first pro defeat. How the **** is that a "shot fighter"?

Crocop didn't have that long of a layoff between Pride and the UFC. I remember watching Wand get his head taken off. I remember Crocop showing up to the UFC and even posting how cruel and brutal a matchup it would be for Eddie Sanchez. It was.. He demolished and pacified with that leg, everyone feared it.

Something happened to Crocop, he had lost before and dealt with it. Remember the comments after the Gonzaga fight? Everyone was concerned about his knee, as he folded over on his leg.. We never saw Crocop use his left leg with authority again. Hard for me to believe it's purely mental, which I initially thought. But really he never used his left leg the same after that fight.

Crocops leg, before it was injured still is the most brutal, single weapon to grace MMA due to having the amazing advantage of being a lefty, and really knowing how to throw a liver kick as well as blink of an eye speed, which he lost.
Koa is offline  Top
Old 04-24-2013, 11:23 AM   #36
Koa
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

For the record, I think Werdum as a competitive BJJ guy won't avoid the ground. He's too good and to proud and confident in his ground game. Anybody can be beaten anywhere..

But Werdum is better than Mir everywhere.
Koa is offline  Top
Old 04-24-2013, 12:09 PM   #37
Ne5ville14
Rationalist by default...
ESB Addict

Werdum TKO for me...

Werdum striking is a lot better then Mir ATM
Ne5ville14 is offline  Top
Old 04-24-2013, 12:20 PM   #38
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
Ummm...

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Pretty quiet here isn't it..He's probably checking Wiki.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 04-24-2013, 02:33 PM   #39
SirGreathamza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beouche View Post

BORKED
SirGreathamza is offline  Top
Old 04-24-2013, 07:53 PM   #40
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

vCash: 177

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koa View Post
Crocop didn't have that long of a layoff between Pride and the UFC. I remember watching Wand get his head taken off. I remember Crocop showing up to the UFC and even posting how cruel and brutal a matchup it would be for Eddie Sanchez. It was.. He demolished and pacified with that leg, everyone feared it.

Something happened to Crocop, he had lost before and dealt with it. Remember the comments after the Gonzaga fight? Everyone was concerned about his knee, as he folded over on his leg.. We never saw Crocop use his left leg with authority again. Hard for me to believe it's purely mental, which I initially thought. But really he never used his left leg the same after that fight.

Crocops leg, before it was injured still is the most brutal, single weapon to grace MMA due to having the amazing advantage of being a lefty, and really knowing how to throw a liver kick as well as blink of an eye speed, which he lost.
Gonzaga must have completely ruined him with one single headkick then.

CroCop was doing great when he arrived in the UFC - he was on a tear. I just watched the Sanchez fight and he looked terrific - aggressive, powerful, confident. He followed Sanchez around instead of cutting off the cage, but aside from that he looked tremendous.

Then Gonzage laid him out and after that he was never the same again. He didn't have the same aggression or confidence. He didn't fight the same way. He didn't have his opponents backpedalling and flinching - HE was backpedalling and flinching. He didn't use the cage well and didn't back himself. If he got physically shot, it happened in the span of 1 second when Gonzaga kicked him.

Aside from that, he is full of quotes saying he lost motivation, lost confidence, didn't like the cage, didn't enjoy fighting in the States as much as Japan, etc etc etc. Did he lose a step? Sure. Could he physically have given a much better account of himself than he did? He was capable of that.

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Old 04-24-2013, 08:14 PM   #41
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manila View Post
A prime Crocop being knocked cold by a single Brendan Schaub punch would be the equivalent to the current Jose Aldo being flattened by a hook from Cody McKenzie or something. That's the vast, insane difference in quality we're talking about here.
Or maybe the equivalent of a prime Holyfield draped over the ropes drooling all over himself courtesy of a crackhead Bert Cooper hook. Or a young Ali needing his corner to bail him out after getting dropped HARD by 180 pound Henry Cooper. If either Cooper was wearing tiny MMA gloves when they landed those punches, Ali and Holyfield were both out of there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manila View Post
To suggest that Crocop isn't shot after being wiped out by a D-class Rothwell victim is absolutely pathetic and reeks of some form of bias or agenda.
And to say that he's totally shot and physically unable to compete from the time he entered the UFC is equally dishonest. He underperformed badly and took some terrible punishment in there. But it was not 100% physical like you claim. If Cro Cop was relaxed and confident and motivated and comfortable with the cage then he was still able to mix it up. But he wasn't. When he got back to the ring, an environment he felt comfortable in, his performances and results suddenly vastly improved and he was no longer getting knocked out by lower-quality fighters. In fact he was winning tournaments.

Old 04-24-2013, 08:28 PM   #42
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Floyd View Post
Haggis, winning the K1 WGP title used to be a great feat, indeed. But not in 2013. The Glory title carries more prestige at this point. The tournament Cro Cop participated in was absolutely awful, and, as you said, he was gifted a very blatant hometown decision in the first round of the final.
From the start, I don't claim to know much at all about kickboxing.

But I read articles about the tournament from people who do. Nobody rated Cro Cop a chance to do much of anything, because apparently he was shot. I watched the tournament final and yeah, first fight the other guy should have got the decision. But Cro Cop hung in there and didn't get laid out. Next two fights he clearly won, visibly gaining in confidence and effectiveness round by round. He even brought out the head kick. If he was shot - like Ali against Holmes, like Tyson against Williams, like RJJ at the end, like scurla and co scream he was - then he would not have been competitive, let alone won the tournament. He would have been knocked out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Floyd View Post
Calling the K1 WGP "the biggest tournament in a combat sport that is exclusively striking" is just not true in 2013.
I know that historically the K1GP has traditionally been the biggest and most prestigious in the sport. I know that this last one was subpar. Beyond that, I will not make strong statements because I don't follow the sport closely enough.

Old 04-24-2013, 08:30 PM   #43
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

Anyway....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koa View Post
For the record, I think Werdum as a competitive BJJ guy won't avoid the ground. He's too good and to proud and confident in his ground game. Anybody can be beaten anywhere..

But Werdum is better than Mir everywhere.
Werdum can beat Mir anywhere, agreed. So why would he even give Mir the chance to fight according to his only real world-class strength? If I was Werdum's coach I would tell him to just keep it standing and hand out a beatdown like he did to Roy.

Old 04-24-2013, 09:02 PM   #44
TerryESB
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 135

Franklin suffers from the medical condition low T. So yeah he has been washed up for the last few years. In his prime Mir woulda beat Werdum
TerryESB is offline  Top
Old 04-24-2013, 09:29 PM   #45
Ne5ville14
Rationalist by default...
ESB Addict

IMO Werdum would try to sub Mir to avenge Nog....but that's just me !
Ne5ville14 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum