Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 04-25-2013, 07:14 AM   #1
emallini
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Dana White issues challenge to boxer Tyson Fury: 'You will get smashed'

NEW YORK CITY Heavyweight boxer Tyson Fury has an open invitation to step in the octagon and fight MMA.

"Come on over," UFC President Dana White said today. "We'll make a deal."

Prior to his 21st pro win this past Saturday, the undefeated boxer called MMA "rubbish" and told ESPN he had [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] three times to no avail.

White is willing to accept the challenge on his fighter's behalf.

"You want to fight Cain? Come on over here," White said today during a fan Q&A. "You will get smashed."

Fury is the latest pugilist to take aim at mixed martial arts, though certainly not the first. Champ Floyd Mayweather is among the most famous detractors, though other stars have given the sport its due.

A confident and brash self-promoter, Fury has made headlines calling out Velasquez, whom he called a "midget" after the UFC champ's dominant win over [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] at UFC 155.

Velasquez, who first won the title by beating [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] at UFC 121 and then retook it by avenging a loss to Dos Santos at UFC on FOX, deflected Fury's initial barbs by saying the boxer should work his way up the MMA ladder like everyone else.

"Nothing is given to you in this world," [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. "To me, it's like don't talk about it, go ahead and do it. That's all I have to say about that."

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
emallini is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2013, 07:16 AM   #2
emallini
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: Dana White issues challenge to boxer Tyson Fury: 'You will get smashed'

I hope to god Fury doesnt take part in anything like this.
emallini is offline  Top
Old 04-25-2013, 07:20 AM   #3
Thuggin'
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Dana White issues challenge to boxer Tyson Fury: 'You will get smashed'

Fury is an idiot.

MMA is garbage, and I don't think much of their fighters either, but fact is they all train for that wrestling ****, and the fact is a stand up fighter can't do much against that.

If it was stand up, even if the dude can kick too, Fury would beat him imo, any decent boxer would, but that wrestling tips the balance.
Thuggin' is offline  Top
Old 04-25-2013, 07:24 AM   #4
emallini
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thuggin' View Post
Fury is an idiot.

MMA is garbage, and I don't think much of their fighters either, but fact is they all train for that wrestling ****, and the fact is a stand up fighter can't do much against that.

If it was stand up, even if the dude can kick too, Fury would beat him imo, any decent boxer would, but that wrestling tips the balance.
I agree

Never liked MMA.
emallini is offline  Top
Old 04-25-2013, 07:27 AM   #5
ashishwarrior
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1500

men making amour
ashishwarrior is offline  Top
Old 04-25-2013, 07:32 AM   #6
BoxingFanNo1
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2650

Fury gets smashed in the octogon, Velasquez gets ko'd in the ring, let's call it a draw.
BoxingFanNo1 is offline  Top
Old 04-25-2013, 07:41 AM   #7
RJJ's Jab
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1185

Of course he will get smashed in an MMA fight Dana even Fury is not that stupid to accept such an offer.

There's probably a lot of guys at MW & LHW who would beat Fury also seeing how he struggles with smaller men. In the ring It should be a different story but against good HW strikers like Hunt, Overeem or JDS I'm not 100% convinced he would beat someone like that the bloke is so damn vulnerable and has no defense.
RJJ's Jab is offline  Top
Old 04-25-2013, 07:42 AM   #8
PaulieMc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 416

Tyson will turn into a lamb now.
PaulieMc is offline  Top
Old 04-25-2013, 08:11 AM   #9
jackukmma
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 818

Fury was the one spouting off saying he could beat anyone in the octagon. We all know its 2 different sports. Whites give him his invitation he's not stupid. Tyson does a lot of talking for publicity but needs to keep his gob shut aomwtimes
jackukmma is offline  Top
Old 04-25-2013, 08:17 AM   #10
WinstonBarry
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJJ's Jab View Post
Of course he will get smashed in an MMA fight Dana even Fury is not that stupid to accept such an offer.

There's probably a lot of guys at MW & LHW who would beat Fury also seeing how he struggles with smaller men. In the ring It should be a different story but against good HW strikers like Hunt, Overeem or JDS I'm not 100% convinced he would beat someone like that the bloke is so damn vulnerable and has no defense.
Behave
WinstonBarry is offline  Top
Old 04-25-2013, 08:24 AM   #11
mishima
Contender
ESB Senior Member

why don't Dana White get his MMA fighters fighting pro boxers under boxing rules?
mishima is offline  Top
Old 04-25-2013, 08:24 AM   #12
Boro chris
Champion
East Side Guru

Location: I'm not Jesus Christ. I've come to accept that now.

So Fury makes some dumb comments about mma and White responds with equal stupidity. The cycle continues.
Boro chris is offline  Top
Old 04-25-2013, 08:24 AM   #13
Thuggin'
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishima View Post
why don't Dana White get his MMA fighters fighting pro boxers under boxing rules?
cos he knows they are glass jawed with no skills and would get smashed to bits by journeymen.

But he doesn't claim they would be anything special
Thuggin' is offline  Top
Old 04-25-2013, 08:33 AM   #14
RightHook Rob
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 733

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thuggin' View Post
Fury is an idiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emallini View Post
I agree

Never liked MMA.

Seriously low IQ's. Boxing is fist fighting, MMA is complete fighting, big difference. MMA without grappling is called K1, no boxer would stand the slightest chance in K1, two fists vs an 8 pointed attack, you do the math.
RightHook Rob is offline  Top
Old 04-25-2013, 08:35 AM   #15
Thuggin'
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightHook Rob View Post

Seriously low IQ's. Boxing is fist fighting, MMA is complete fighting, big difference. MMA without grappling is called K1, no boxer would stand the slightest chance in K1, two fists vs an 8 pointed attack, you do the math.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

SHANNON BRIGGGGGGGSAHAAAAAAAAAA
Thuggin' is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum