Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 04-24-2013, 10:35 PM   #46
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 847
Default Re: Mir V Werdum

Why would Werdum feel the need to avenge Nog?
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2013, 10:41 PM   #47
Ne5ville14
Rationalist by default...
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Floyd View Post
Why would Werdum feel the need to avenge Nog?
Dunno, brazilian pride ?

Legend that had his arm broken need some kind of revenge...at least I hope so...
Ne5ville14 is offline  Top
Old 04-25-2013, 01:08 AM   #48
Primate
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I think he'd do it just to prove he's better
Primate is offline  Top
Old 04-25-2013, 01:25 AM   #49
Ne5ville14
Rationalist by default...
ESB Addict

Or just that
Ne5ville14 is offline  Top
Old 04-25-2013, 09:35 AM   #50
Manila
Temporarily Unbanned
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post
Or maybe the equivalent of a prime Holyfield d****d over the ropes drooling all over himself courtesy of a crackhead Bert Cooper hook. Or a young Ali needing his corner to bail him out after getting dropped HARD by 180 pound Henry Cooper. If either Cooper was wearing tiny MMA gloves when they landed those punches, Ali and Holyfield were both out of there.
Thoroughly pointless thing to say, because if they were all wearing tiny MMA gloves then Holyfield and Ali could've put the Coopers away earlydoors without even getting into those situations. Point is too tenuous man.

Prime Crocop was one of the top 5 or 10 fighters on the planet. Prime Schaub wasn't one of the top 15 fighters in a weak heavyweight division. Schaub beating him would never have happened in a month of Pancake Tuesdays.

Quote:
And to say that he's totally shot and physically unable to compete from the time he entered the UFC is equally dishonest.
Pathetic. Really, truly pathetic. Considering I didn't even say anything remotely like this at any stage in this debate. Manufacturing extremist opinions to then counter them is the calling-card of the internet moron.
Manila is offline  Top
Old 04-25-2013, 10:20 AM   #51
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

vCash: 177

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manila View Post
Pathetic. Really, truly pathetic. Considering I didn't even say anything remotely like this at any stage in this debate. Manufacturing extremist opinions to then counter them is the calling-card of the internet moron.
Could he have physically beaten Gonzaga? Of course he could have. He wasn't that shot.

Could he have physically beaten Schaub? Of course he could have. Physically he wasn't as good as he was, but it was mentally where he didn't look anywhere near the fighter he was. Would prime Cro Cop have allowed Schaub to relax and fight his own fight? Of course not. But the cage version of Cro Cop did. In the cage he couldn't cut anyone off and corner them. And after the Gonzaga knockout he fought very cautiously, not having the confidence in himself that he had before. He carried some injuries into a couple of fights. But physically he wasn't close to Roy Jones shot.

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Old 04-25-2013, 11:06 AM   #52
Manila
Temporarily Unbanned
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Could he have physically beaten Gonzaga? Of course he could have. He wasn't that shot.

Could he have physically beaten Schaub? Of course he could have. Physically he wasn't as good as he was, but it was mentally where he didn't look anywhere near the fighter he was. Would prime Cro Cop have allowed Schaub to relax and fight his own fight? Of course not. But the cage version of Cro Cop did. In the cage he couldn't cut anyone off and corner them. And after the Gonzaga knockout he fought very cautiously, not having the confidence in himself that he had before. He carried some injuries into a couple of fights. But physically he wasn't close to Roy Jones shot.

If you admit that you completely manufactured this hogwash opinion and imposed it on me as a feeble and transparent means of countering the point, I shall indulge you in more discussion of this topic. Otherwise, I cannot, because it is pathetic to impose a silly opinion on me that is not mine, with no justification whatsoever for this:

Quote:
And to say that he's totally shot and physically unable to compete from the time he entered the UFC is equally dishonest.
Manila is offline  Top
Old 04-25-2013, 07:23 PM   #53
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Thoroughly pointless thing to say, because if they were all wearing tiny MMA gloves then Holyfield and Ali could've put the Coopers away earlydoors without even getting into those situations. Point is too tenuous man.

Prime Crocop was one of the top 5 or 10 fighters on the planet. Prime Schaub wasn't one of the top 15 fighters in a weak heavyweight division. Schaub beating him would never have happened in a month of Pancake Tuesdays.

I admire your patience.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 04-25-2013, 07:27 PM   #54
Beouche
Dinamita
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
I admire your patience.
why?

the pair of them are having a good debate
Beouche is offline  Top
Old 04-25-2013, 07:35 PM   #55
Manila
Temporarily Unbanned
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beouche View Post
why?

the pair of them are having a good debate
It's a debate, sure, but I don't think I'd call it a good one. To be a good debate, there has to be valid points being made on both sides. That fellow is talking absolute horse****, so it's more a case of trying to educate a confused person than a mutually enlightening bona fide debate. Anyone who has eye***** and has saw Crocop give and take punishment in his prime obviously/automatically knows he was shot to miniscule smithereens by 2011 when he was sent sprawling into another dimension by a D-class Rothwell victim. To ever dare suggest otherwise leaves only three conceivable conclusions: 1 - you're a blind troll, 2 - you've never seen prime Crocop fight, 3 - you're a ****ing cretin. There are no other options.
Manila is offline  Top
Old 04-25-2013, 07:36 PM   #56
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
It's a debate, sure, but I don't think I'd call it a good one. To be a good debate, there has to be valid points being made on both sides. That fellow is talking absolute horse****, so it's more a case of trying to educate a confused person than a mutually enlightening bona fide debate. Anyone who has eye***** and has saw Crocop give and take punishment in his prime obviously/automatically knows he was shot to miniscule smithereens by 2011 when he was sent sprawling into another dimension by a D-class Rothwell victim. To ever dare suggest otherwise leaves only three conceivable conclusions: 1 - you're a blind troll, 2 - you've never seen prime Crocop fight, 3 - you're a ****ing cretin. There are no other options.
Beouche my mans handling business.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:00 PM   #57
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

vCash: 177

Quote:
Well all you've done is repeatedly insult me and say "Cro Cop was better back in PRIDE." Which I've repeatedly said openly - YES HE WAS - but there are several reasons for that and being physically shot isn't the start and end of it. Being mentally shot and uncomfortable in the cage had more to do with it. So I've laid out my case, let's hear you answer some questions.

1) Was Gonzaga-era Cro Cop physically shot and absolutely unable to compete anymore like Ali/Holmes, or Tyson/Williams, or RJJ at the end of his career?

2) Cro-Cop's record for his last 7 MMA fights in a ring? 7-0 with 7 stoppages. Plus a no-contest against roided-up Overeem. His last 6 kickboxing fights? 6-0 including a tournament victory. (Okay, it should be 5-1, but still.)

So the record for his last 13 fights in a ring, both before and after his UFC tenure? 13-0 on the card, 12-1 for people with eyes. Plus he survived 6 minutes with roided Overeem before being kneed in the *****.

His record in the cage? 4-6.

Why the difference between 13-0 in the ring, and 4-6 in the cage? That's a spectacular difference between the two very different environments.

Could it be that Cro Cop simply never adjusted to the cage and was never confident or comfortable in the new environment? Or is the level of striking in the UFC simply THAT far above every other combat sport?

3) When exactly did Cro Crop become totally shot?

4) Will you tell me that PRIDE Cro Cop would have walked through this perfect flush head kick?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

5) In one single year, Cro Cop went from the greatest triumph of his career to being so shot that he could no longer physically compete with Cheick Kongo. Accurate?

6) Why is it that Schaub can KO Cro Cop, but career-long professional kickboxers at the K1GP can't? If he was RJJ-style shot, shouldn't at least one of these kickboxers have been able to stop him, let alone beat him?

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Old 04-26-2013, 12:23 AM   #58
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Stoo is offline  Top
Old 04-26-2013, 02:54 AM   #59
Primate
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I really love these debates, because at the end of it someones opinion will definitely change.
Primate is offline  Top
Old 04-26-2013, 03:21 AM   #60
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum