Boxing News 24 Forum
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 04-29-2013, 07:52 PM   #31
angry cuban
Huge Boxing Fan
ESB Full Member

vCash: 650
Default Re: To those who doubted Canelo before and said he's a hypejob, where are you now?

I think that in his next fight he get **** up and then still fighting ols washed WWs..Sorry but the kid had not skills or defence or stamina..if the answer is gonna be he is only 22 watch any 22 years old kid box..they have great stamina and are very fast..he three 3 punches fot round and got all tired against the ropes if somebody with a little punch and boxing skills had him would have knock him out right there but Trout was the biggest garbage boxer active, he only throw jab out of range..stupid..
angry cuban is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2013, 07:57 PM   #32
ElCyclon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: To those who doubted Canelo before and said he's a hypejob, where are you now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oibighead View Post
No one said he was a hype job. They said he is overhyped because is resume was garbage. I knew he would beat trout, but still trout was no body special anyway.

Canelos 22 and fighting the same level fighters as Floyd recent comp. Read what you will into that.
ElCyclon is online now  Top
Old 04-29-2013, 07:59 PM   #33
[JoKeR]
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

He lost, so he hasn't necessarily proven himself to me. At least not in proportion to his hype.
[JoKeR] is offline  Top
Old 04-29-2013, 08:02 PM   #34
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

vCash: 1001

If anything, I overrated Canelo, and I never had his stock all that high in the first place.

I don't think hes a 'hypejob', but his stock hasn't risen in my eyes after the Trout win. I don't put Canelo, or Trout, on the pedestal they seem to be on here at ESB.

I still feel that, at this stage, in the ring (not taking into account the contexts of his age) Canelo is nothing really special. Hes a good, very solid champion with a lot of potential given his age. Nothing more, nothing less....

But hes not elite right now, and hes not a future great, imo.

Will be interesting to see his career unfold though. Like I said, hes a good fighter, good champion. Just falls short of being what his fans make him out to be, imo.
kirk is offline  Top
Old 04-29-2013, 08:20 PM   #35
Kid Cubano
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

He proved himself against Trout, the kid belongs to the top level.
A curious detail: i went recently to Mexico( cozumel) and went to a local bar to get some shots of tequila and hear some" rancheras". Amazing nice people there, i started talking boxing and suddenly i had like 5-6 people around me joining the conversation. Everything we talked was Canelo Alvarez, some of them didnt like his performance against Trout and said he just run and didnt use his power. I explained to them elemental boxing stuff, just the fundamentals but they were in denial. They wanted Canelo to stay in front of Trout and exchange bombs. Is that the common mentality all around Mexico? or did i just run into some casuals tequila lovers cuates ?
Kid Cubano is offline  Top
Old 04-30-2013, 12:43 AM   #36
Tkbtown
Quintuple champion
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Cubano View Post
He proved himself against Trout, the kid belongs to the top level.
A curious detail: i went recently to Mexico( cozumel) and went to a local bar to get some shots of tequila and hear some" rancheras". Amazing nice people there, i started talking boxing and suddenly i had like 5-6 people around me joining the conversation. Everything we talked was Canelo Alvarez, some of them didnt like his performance against Trout and said he just run and didnt use his power. I explained to them elemental boxing stuff, just the fundamentals but they were in denial. They wanted Canelo to stay in front of Trout and exchange bombs. Is that the common mentality all around Mexico? or did i just run into some casuals tequila lovers cuates ?
yes it is common mentality, thats why many Mexicans dont like titere or Molina,
Tkbtown is offline  Top
Old 04-30-2013, 12:45 AM   #37
pound
Coqui Radar
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar View Post
Becoming the next JCC Jr. is a good thing?
pound is offline  Top
Old 04-30-2013, 12:58 AM   #38
vargasfan1985
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 5133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar View Post
Becoming the next JCC Jr. is a good thing?
I know, right. Canelo is better than JCC Jr. LOL. Terrible comparison.
vargasfan1985 is offline  Top
Old 04-30-2013, 01:00 AM   #39
vargasfan1985
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 5133

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Duran_ View Post
correction. Jcc senior. dammit i missed that. he can become the next great mexican fighter
Oh, okay. Makes more sense.

I have been very harsh on him in the past, BUT, I picked him over Trout. I'd like to see another top name taken out before I say I was wrong. But beating Trout was HUGE.
vargasfan1985 is offline  Top
Old 04-30-2013, 01:01 AM   #40
Jr Middleweight
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry cuban View Post
I think that in his next fight he get **** up and then still fighting ols washed WWs..Sorry but the kid had not skills or defence or stamina..if the answer is gonna be he is only 22 watch any 22 years old kid box..they have great stamina and are very fast..he three 3 punches fot round and got all tired against the ropes if somebody with a little punch and boxing skills had him would have knock him out right there but Trout was the biggest garbage boxer active, he only throw jab out of range..stupid..

Man you hate this kid lol
Jr Middleweight is offline  Top
Old 04-30-2013, 07:06 AM   #41
_Duran_
Ugly Mofocker
ESB Full Member

the kid has skills. he's 22, and its scary that he hasnt reached his ceiling yet. i believe he can improve his stamina issues, and once it happens, man, he'll be a beast!
_Duran_ is offline  Top
Old 04-30-2013, 07:07 AM   #42
_Duran_
Ugly Mofocker
ESB Full Member

Trout isnt just some boxer.
_Duran_ is offline  Top
Old 04-30-2013, 07:52 AM   #43
angry cuban
Huge Boxing Fan
ESB Full Member

vCash: 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr Middleweight View Post
Man you hate this kid lol
yeah..I don't like.ppl who take it with smaller ppl or older and smaller ppl, then he give no chance to the others who fight thenself to the title...every guy who is 18, 19 ,20, 21 allways fight ppl from their weight..but I just air my opinion dude..to me the kid have not skill..

Last edited by angry cuban; 04-30-2013 at 09:33 AM.
angry cuban is offline  Top
Old 04-30-2013, 08:02 AM   #44
RazorHandz
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1194

Kid is special, he has the potential to be a legendary fighter.
RazorHandz is offline  Top
Old 04-30-2013, 06:54 PM   #45
garfios
Dark Lord
ESB Addict

vCash: 540

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
I should watch it again. Canelo definitely proved he is elite but his stamina is worrying. He can't continue coasting through rounds and taking whole rounds off entirely..
Elite because he edge out Trout?
garfios is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum