Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2013, 04:14 AM   #136
Larsso
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 218
vCash: 500
Default Re: Are Matchroom trying to con us?

Listen, the main event is worth PPV money alone for **** sake :laugh:

Poeple wanna bitch and moan about Froch v Kessler 2 are off their head or have agendas, first fight was a war and second will be just as good.

You lived in the states, you pay 70 quid to see floyd beat guerrero without breaking a sweat and you complain about froch and kessler 2?
Larsso is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2013, 05:16 AM   #137
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 13,619
vCash: 664
Default Re: Are Matchroom trying to con us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larsso View Post
Listen, the main event is worth PPV money alone for **** sake :laugh:
Not even close to being PPV worthy....but welcome to the forum Eddie

Quote:
first fight was a war
You have never seen the fight, obviously

Quote:
You lived in the states, you pay 70 quid to see floyd beat guerrero without breaking a sweat and you complain about froch and kessler 2?
If my Auntie had bollocks she'd be my Uncle. We don't live in the states
icemax is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 05:21 AM   #138
Jquik
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,756
vCash: 500
Default Re: Are Matchroom trying to con us?

Just because Eddie Hearn wears nice suits and does colorful interviews with Kugan Cassius doesn't mean you should trust him

He's a wolf in sheeps clothing
Jquik is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:23 AM   #139
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: England
Posts: 9,577
vCash: 500
Default Re: Are Matchroom trying to con us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill C84 View Post
I have tried to go into pubs and only have a pint before and have failed horribly every time, I don't like watching boxing in pubs, too expensive and there's always a loud mouth prick that ends up giving me the hump, I like the comfort of my own home so I can really get into a fight.


You'll wake up in the cells with Ian John Lewis in you ear again Bill, 'I am the weferwee'
BoxingAnalyst is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:27 AM   #140
Bill C84
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Kent. UK.
Posts: 5,165
vCash: 81
Default Re: Are Matchroom trying to con us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingAnalyst View Post


You'll wake up in the cells with Ian John Lewis in you ear again Bill, 'I am the weferwee'
I just hope he don't read this forum, He'll never let me out the cells if he did and I could kiss my morning cup of tea goodbye, which tbf isn't a great loss seeing as he can't make a decent cup to save his life, his tea making abilities is like his judging, ****ing shit.
Bill C84 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:29 AM   #141
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: England
Posts: 9,577
vCash: 500
Default Re: Are Matchroom trying to con us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill C84 View Post
I just hope he don't read this forum, He'll never let me out the cells if he did and I could kiss my morning cup of tea goodbye, which tbf isn't a great loss seeing as he can't make a decent cup to save his life, his tea making abilities is like his judging, ****ing shit.
BoxingAnalyst is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:42 AM   #142
boxingbrummie
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Birmingham Uk
Posts: 120
vCash: 694
Default Re: Are Matchroom trying to con us?

viagogo have some on site unsure if they reliable never used them but your looking at 1000 plus for ringside
boxingbrummie is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:01 AM   #143
Claypole
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Harlow, UK
Posts: 3,548
vCash: 922
Default Re: Are Matchroom trying to con us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larsso View Post

You lived in the states, you pay 70 quid to see floyd beat guerrero without breaking a sweat and you complain about froch and kessler 2?
This isn't the USA and yes, I am complaining about Froch Kessler being 15 on PPV.
The only reason why PPVs cost so much in the USA is because that's the price the consumer is willing to pay. If they thought people would pay 200 then they wouldn't hesitate to charge that.

The fact that some of us are complaining that Froch v Kessler 2 is even on PPV demonstrates that we stop and think about what we should be paying for our boxing. This show should be on regular Sky Sports and they should be grateful to all those that subscribe.
Claypole is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:19 AM   #144
Dennison
Guru
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: England
Posts: 1,549
vCash: 75
Default Re: Are Matchroom trying to con us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claypole View Post
This isn't the USA and yes, I am complaining about Froch Kessler being 15 on PPV.
The only reason why PPVs cost so much in the USA is because that's the price the consumer is willing to pay. If they thought people would pay 200 then they wouldn't hesitate to charge that.

The fact that some of us are complaining that Froch v Kessler 2 is even on PPV demonstrates that we stop and think about what we should be paying for our boxing. This show should be on regular Sky Sports and they should be grateful to all those that subscribe.
Isn't that the same with everything though , if I was selling cars for a living and I knew somebody would pay 300,000 for a Ford Fiesta I'd let them pay it
Dennison is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:39 AM   #145
Claypole
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Harlow, UK
Posts: 3,548
vCash: 922
Default Re: Are Matchroom trying to con us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennison View Post
Isn't that the same with everything though , if I was selling cars for a living and I knew somebody would pay 300,000 for a Ford Fiesta I'd let them pay it
Yes, it's the same with everything. That's why we have the power to push back when they try to charge 15 for a boxing card that people have already paid enough for with their monthly subscriptions.

If we bit the bullet and boycotted these PPV events, then they would end up being on the regular sports channels that we already pay for. Some people would claim that these fights wouldn't be made if it wasn't for PPV, but that's not true. There's always enough money to be made from big fights, they don't need to be PPV.
Claypole is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:50 AM   #146
Tom23
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Darwen, Lancashire
Posts: 241
vCash: 75
Default Re: Are Matchroom trying to con us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claypole View Post
This isn't the USA and yes, I am complaining about Froch Kessler being 15 on PPV.
The only reason why PPVs cost so much in the USA is because that's the price the consumer is willing to pay. If they thought people would pay 200 then they wouldn't hesitate to charge that.

The fact that some of us are complaining that Froch v Kessler 2 is even on PPV demonstrates that we stop and think about what we should be paying for our boxing. This show should be on regular Sky Sports and they should be grateful to all those that subscribe.
How many times does it need to be said.

This show would not be happening if it wern't for SBO.

It would never happen on normal Sky Sports
Tom23 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:58 AM   #147
andrebishop
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 466
vCash: 500
Default Re: Are Matchroom trying to con us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom23 View Post
How many times does it need to be said.

This show would not be happening if it wern't for SBO.

It would never happen on normal Sky Sports
or if Sky put more of the money we pay them into Boxing, Don't let them make you believe SBO was the only way. It probably was with their current budget but its that prior decision (cutting the boxing budget for shit like F1) that made it that way
andrebishop is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:02 AM   #148
Bill C84
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Kent. UK.
Posts: 5,165
vCash: 81
Default Re: Are Matchroom trying to con us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom23 View Post
How many times does it need to be said.

This show would not be happening if it wern't for SBO.

It would never happen on normal Sky Sports
Eddie should still have put on a decent undercard to answer any doubts about this being PPV worthy and made it seem value for money, he hasn't though, he's gone down the route of decent fight shit undercard, does he not realise why PPV was dropped in the first place? People wasn't getting value for money and annoyed with it.
Bill C84 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:33 AM   #149
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 13,619
vCash: 664
Default Re: Are Matchroom trying to con us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom23 View Post
How many times does it need to be said.

This show would not be happening if it wern't for SBO.

It would never happen on normal Sky Sports
I really don't understand this "It would never happen on normal Sky" argument....the fact of the matter is that this fight alone is not PPV worthy. If it can't happen without SBO then so be it....Let the protagonists fight someone else for a quarter of the money....or Eddie could put an undercard on that is worthy of bringing this card to PPV standards. You are being sold Aldi goods at Waitrose prices
icemax is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:11 AM   #150
Claypole
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Harlow, UK
Posts: 3,548
vCash: 922
Default Re: Are Matchroom trying to con us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom23 View Post
How many times does it need to be said.

This show would not be happening if it wern't for SBO.

It would never happen on normal Sky Sports
You've been duped into thinking this by the people that want your 15. SKy Box Office are not the ones that make these big fights possible, they just set a level of expectation that subscription/free to air channels simply can't compete with.

Whenever PPV is mentioned during fight negotiations, eyes light up, hands are rubbed together and extra zeros are added to numbers. Everybody concerned makes more money. The new inflated figures cannot be matched by regular channels like Sky Sports so they claim PPV is the only viable option.

What would happen if PPV suddenly became outlawed in the UK? Would Kessler and Froch turn their noses up at only being on Sky Sports? No, the fight would be made and everybody would still make plenty of money.
Claypole is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013