Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 05-14-2013, 11:57 PM   #12406
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

interesting read... i actually thought the Roosters had few good juniors and guess why? because all my mates that support souths told me thats how it was... why do Souths supporters care so much? they find any excuse to hate the way the Roosters conduct business. You either play dirty, like every club does, or you get left behind. And to be honest its not even really playing dirty. People say Nick Politis gives the Roosters an unfair advantage, but the truth is any other team would use a guy like him in the exact same role. Penrith tried to do it with Gus. The Dragons used Bennett to attract players and the Knights used Tinkler. Souths used Russell Crowe. I just dont get this feeling of superiority some supporters have because their club doesnt "bend the rules". They all do it and any team not using things to their advantage is just plain stupid.

Souths will always be my second team because i like their history but i dont think the mud they sling on the Roosters is entirely warranted... as i said, they would do the same if they could. Russell Crowe was using every connection and celebrity friend at his disposal, how is that any different?
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2013, 12:00 AM   #12407
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru

anyone wanna catch up at the souths vs tigers game friday for a beer? I will be there. Pecks you down?
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Old 05-15-2013, 12:24 AM   #12408
Rooster4Life
Easts Till I Die
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
anyone wanna catch up at the souths vs tigers game friday for a beer? I will be there. Pecks you down?
Sorry mate I don't drink
Rooster4Life is offline  Top
Old 05-15-2013, 01:10 AM   #12409
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side VIP

vCash: 192

Quote:
No he's going to Japan.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 05-15-2013, 01:19 AM   #12410
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side VIP

Quote:
But you can PM Wide Open Road Im sure he will be up for it. A few dogs eyes and pigs ears at the game and a few more at the rubbity dub after that. As long as you don't make him sit near the Westie types. Their all a bunch of tea leaves.
Old 05-15-2013, 02:18 AM   #12411
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster4Life View Post
Sorry mate I don't drink
really? why is that? i thought you daygos all loved a drop of wine

more than half of my ex girlfriends were italians and man did they hit the drink
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Old 05-15-2013, 02:23 AM   #12412
Rooster4Life
Easts Till I Die
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
really? why is that? i thought you daygos all loved a drop of wine

more than half of my ex girlfriends were italians and man did they hit the drink
Grandfather loved the wine but my dad never did drink so when he brought me up it rubbed off i guess, 2 of my brothers drink tho.
Old 05-15-2013, 05:40 AM   #12413
wide_open_road
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 187

Quote:
just out of curiosity, do you think Souths would have behaved any differently if they had the money that Easts had? I like the rabbits but whenever a souths fan goes on about how much integrity and pride their club has compared to the roosters i straight away hear one word: Jealousy. Sure, the Roosters have performed some grubby tactics, more than most, but what rich team hasnt? Storm, Bulldogs, Dragons etc etc. What makes you think Souths are the odd one out and what makes you think they wouldnt be equally putrid, grubby and devoid of soul if they had the same money?

THis is not an attack on anyone, just a question i have been wanting to ask a passionate souths fan for a long time

I never mentioned money, Easts never had more money than Souths until probably the eighties, where Souths have always relied on local juniors, the sub human filth have just ****d & pillaged & never given anything back

Their lack of soul is encapsulated by their lack of real supporters, they have the occasional Latte infused ****ers cheerily saying they go for the "roosters" without having the first clue about them, Poosterforlife would be one of them but the poor ****er lives in twoheadgadine
wide_open_road is offline  Top
Old 05-15-2013, 05:51 AM   #12414
wide_open_road
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
interesting read... i actually thought the Roosters had few good juniors and guess why? because all my mates that support souths told me thats how it was... why do Souths supporters care so much? they find any excuse to hate the way the Roosters conduct business. You either play dirty, like every club does, or you get left behind. And to be honest its not even really playing dirty. People say Nick Politis gives the Roosters an unfair advantage, but the truth is any other team would use a guy like him in the exact same role. Penrith tried to do it with Gus. The Dragons used Bennett to attract players and the Knights used Tinkler. Souths used Russell Crowe. I just dont get this feeling of superiority some supporters have because their club doesnt "bend the rules". They all do it and any team not using things to their advantage is just plain stupid.

Souths will always be my second team because i like their history but i dont think the mud they sling on the Roosters is entirely warranted... as i said, they would do the same if they could. Russell Crowe was using every connection and celebrity friend at his disposal, how is that any different?

You think the mud is flying one way???

The jealousy has always come from the Rorters, we've always been the big brother, we've always been more successful, theyve always been in our shadow, we've always been more famous

Oh, & Gonzo, lighten up, this is a team sport, youre supposed to hate some teams, youre supposed to hate some players, youre supposed to bag, denigrate , throw **** at certain clubs, the game exists on rivalries, i obviously have poosterforlife tearing his greasy hair out & biting like a great white shark, but youre just learning, so cop on
Old 05-15-2013, 05:52 AM   #12415
wide_open_road
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
But you can PM Wide Open Road Im sure he will be up for it. A few dogs eyes and pigs ears at the game and a few more at the rubbity dub after that. As long as you don't make him sit near the Westie types. Their all a bunch of tea leaves.

I detest westie types, ****ing bogans
Old 05-15-2013, 06:11 AM   #12416
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wide_open_road View Post
I detest westie types, ****ing bogans
And wogs too from what I understand about your posts to R4L and calling Nick Politis a wog ****. Yet you attack any poster who says bad things about abo's or horses hoofs. For shame WOR for shame.
Old 05-15-2013, 06:16 AM   #12417
wide_open_road
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
And wogs too from what I understand about your posts to R4L and calling Nick Politis a wog ****. Yet you attack any poster who says bad things about abo's or horses hoofs. For shame WOR for shame.

I'm very fond of our continental cousins, i love Itite food, i've travelled extensively through Italy

I do however like to stir the chocky frogs up a bit, lets face it, we have shows like "wogs out of work", "wogarama" 'Acropolis now" etc, the words been reclaimed & empowered & rightly so

I also like to give them a jab in the ribs when someone retreats from a situation, i liken them to the Italian army in WW2.."going backwards faster than the Italian army" & "surrendered faster than" etc
Old 05-15-2013, 07:51 AM   #12418
Rooster4Life
Easts Till I Die
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks View Post
Romanzo Criminale. Not sure if the spellings right.

Ive only seen about 3 episodes and dont want to see anymore until I can watch it from the start. Seems more of a drama than Soprano's without the laughs but more heart. When I get time I'll chase up the first season.
Just bought seasons 1 and 2 on ebay, ill let you know what i think of it, thanks mate
Old 05-15-2013, 08:18 AM   #12419
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster4Life View Post
Just bought seasons 1 and 2 on ebay, ill let you know what i think of it, thanks mate
I'll definitely get back into it when I get some free time soon. I want to watch it from the start. I think the episode's I saw were 8, 9, and 10 in season 2.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 05-15-2013, 08:38 PM   #12420
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by wide_open_road View Post
You think the mud is flying one way???

The jealousy has always come from the Rorters, we've always been the big brother, we've always been more successful, theyve always been in our shadow, we've always been more famous

Oh, & Gonzo, lighten up, this is a team sport, youre supposed to hate some teams, youre supposed to hate some players, youre supposed to bag, denigrate , throw **** at certain clubs, the game exists on rivalries, i obviously have poosterforlife tearing his greasy hair out & biting like a great white shark, but youre just learning, so cop on
how are the Roosters member numbers? I am always surprised by some teams... tigers especially.... our members number is pathetic considering it is the joint venture between two foundation clubs, balmain holding the 3rd most premierships. Why do we only have 11,000 members? we should have as many as St George-Illawarra in theory
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum