Old 11-14-2012, 12:29 AM   #61
Player3
THE Anti-Nutthugger
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: George Foreman vs Vitali Klitschko

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdm View Post
We got it ,you think Foreman would KO Vitali (who was never knocked down) ,that's your opinion and I respect your opinion , but I thnk Vitali would UD George.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwxM9OaJ_N4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwxM9OaJ_N4[/ame]
Player3 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2012, 12:33 AM   #62
donnybrasco

Quote:
We got it ,you think Foreman would KO Vitali (who was never knocked down) ,that's your opinion and I respect your opinion , but I thnk Vitali would UD George.
Listen, friend. I can see where you are coming from but I have to disagree. Prime Foreman would have KO'd anyone from this era, no exception. Either of the Klits have never faced and never will face anyone on the same planet as George Foreman.

I suggest you watch prime George against Norton and the fight against Frazier in Kingston and then tell me he won't be able to take out either of the Klits. His power was insane, he was from a different planet...........

When George came back in the late '80s everyone laughed that he wanted Mike. There's a reason for why he said it. Prime Mike only had one vulnerability with that aggressive, peek-a-boo style that D'Amato perfected. It was the uppercut. And George had the best that anyone ever seen. He had a beast of an uppercut, watch the Frazier fight. Frazier had a similar style to Tyson and Tyson respected Dempsey. Dempsey was the coach of Frazier......

I understand where you come from but disagree completely. Foreman would KO either of the Klitchko's... in double quick time. Neither of them ever fought anyone in Foreman's league except maybe Lewis, but Foreman would have had him for breakfast.

Let me state again, this is not rubbishing the Klits. They are good and worthy HW World Champs and if Wlad beats JL's reign he goes higher than him in the rankings and if JL is an ATG and HOF so should Wlad be. This era is God awful but you can't blame the Klits for that. That is so unfair like. It's horrible. They are also great role models.
donnybrasco is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2012, 12:39 AM   #63
donnybrasco

Stating the following.............. If Wlad beats Joe Louis reign, then.......

Wlad >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Joe Louis. No question.

Wlad and Vitali, great role models and ambassadors for the sport of boxing.
donnybrasco is offline  Top
Old 05-27-2013, 03:41 AM   #64
RememberingC.S.
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 0

Foreman is one of the more overrated fighters ever.
He is a good man, a man of honour, he has fought with pride etc., but his boxing skills have always been average at best, and his power would be barely average today.
RememberingC.S. is offline  Top
Old 05-27-2013, 03:43 AM   #65
Povetkin
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberingC.S. View Post
He is a good man, a man of honour, he has fought with pride etc., but his boxing skills have always been average at best, and his power would be barely average today.
Weren't you the ****ing retard who said Lewis fought guys significantly shorter than Wlad's and than refused to talk after you were exposed for being a moron.

Lennox Lewis record against guys 6'4+ 227+
13-0

Wladimir Klitschko record against guys 6'4+ and 227+

Still waiting
Povetkin is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2013, 09:01 PM   #66
andrewa1
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Another joke thread. VK by brutal tko in the later rounds if older Foreman, mid rounds if younger. Vastly more athletic, bigger, and better chin. Foreman's only chance is knockout, and VK doesn't get knocked down by punches. Foreman was successful in his comeback by cherrypicking most of his opponents along with putting on a lot of weight and utilizing his vastly greater experience. Before his comeback, he was 6'4 218 tops, and was ko'd by light hitting Ali and Young. Its always amusing to see these threads, where delusional nostalgists conveniently forget or ignore that virtually all sports with quantifiable measurements (i.e. track and field, swimming, timed events), are vastly better now. All other sports, such as boxing, has seen a similar increase in body size etc as seen in those sports, but somehow these nostagists think those rules do not apply to boxing (or other non quantifiable sports). I'll always rank Ali and Louis as the two greatest HW's, just as I rate Jesse Owens #1 sprinter over Usain Bolt (who would run laps around Owens), but more for their in era achievements and import to the boxing and history than H2H. They, and the other boxers of their eras like Foreman, simply do not have the tools to be dominant today.
andrewa1 is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2013, 09:57 PM   #67
Wilson
Journeyman

vCash: 1000

two of my fav heavies ever. Vitali split d or ud unless he's stopped on cuts.

I think this would be a great fight with lots of ebb and flow. Vitali seems to land that jab well backing up wich is why I give him the nod. I see both fighters taking a few mid to late rounds off, plenty of "jump out of your seat" exchanges that would likey favor George. I don't think Vit can stop him(I know Ali did), and would have to box and move constantly.

this would likey be amazing no matter the outcome
Wilson is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2013, 10:01 PM   #68
bernie4366
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1090

Easy choice if it was George v. Wlad. George would run him over.

I don't think Vitaly gets enough credit these days, he's the much tougher brother. I would have to go with young George but Vit is a very tough and live dog here. Dude eats nails for breakfast.
bernie4366 is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2013, 10:02 PM   #69
bernie4366
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewa1 View Post
Another joke thread. VK by brutal tko in the later rounds if older Foreman, mid rounds if younger. Vastly more athletic, bigger, and better chin. Foreman's only chance is knockout, and VK doesn't get knocked down by punches. Foreman was successful in his comeback by cherrypicking most of his opponents along with putting on a lot of weight and utilizing his vastly greater experience. Before his comeback, he was 6'4 218 tops, and was ko'd by light hitting Ali and Young. Its always amusing to see these threads, where delusional nostalgists conveniently forget or ignore that virtually all sports with quantifiable measurements (i.e. track and field, swimming, timed events), are vastly better now. All other sports, such as boxing, has seen a similar increase in body size etc as seen in those sports, but somehow these nostagists think those rules do not apply to boxing (or other non quantifiable sports). I'll always rank Ali and Louis as the two greatest HW's, just as I rate Jesse Owens #1 sprinter over Usain Bolt (who would run laps around Owens), but more for their in era achievements and import to the boxing and history than H2H. They, and the other boxers of their eras like Foreman, simply do not have the tools to be dominant today.
Shut the **** up, you idiot. We're not talking about John L. Sullivan here.
Old 05-30-2013, 10:03 PM   #70
bernie4366
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
George wasn't trying to outbox you. Neither was Henry Armstrong or Carlos Monzon, and they were pretty good fighters too, you may have heard of them. George was a brawler who looked to overwhelm you.
Old 05-30-2013, 10:11 PM   #71
rjb62
Journeyman

vCash: 1000

No one will ever know. Just because people are American, doesn't mean they are incapable of a neutral opinion and even if it favors an American doesnt make it less valid:

H2H Vitali gives GF a great fight, one for the ages. His size will trouble George, but minus Lewis, Vitali has fought no one like George. I think George starts quick and the first 5 rds are a war. Both have stamina issues, Vitali would probably turn it on late. I'd say a close split decision either way with both fighters taking big damage in an instant classic..

H2H Wlad: Technically Wlad is more proficient and the 2006-2012 version may have a chance to outbox George, but I can't ignore his chin issues and I think George is too skilled not to land some bombs (Sam Peter did). Foreman is a better finisher and I dont think Wlad sees the final bell..

BTW, this thread made me watch the Foreman Lyle fight. What a war that was.
rjb62 is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2013, 10:54 PM   #72
DBLOCK
Contender
ESB Senior Member

big george
DBLOCK is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2013, 11:02 PM   #73
itsmeagain1
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Foreman obviously
itsmeagain1 is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2013, 11:06 PM   #74
DBLOCK
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
power barely average today? you must be new to boxing and never saw what he did to heavy bags or his punches lifting dudes off the ground!
DBLOCK is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2013, 11:07 PM   #75
Kevin Willis
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 209

Quote:
Originally Posted by Povetkin View Post
Weren't you the ****ing retard who said Lewis fought guys significantly shorter than Wlad's and than refused to talk after you were exposed for being a moron.

Lennox Lewis record against guys 6'4+ 227+
13-0

Wladimir Klitschko record against guys 6'4+ and 227+

Still waiting
Oh look; The neurotic British homo***ual is back with another screenname.
Kevin Willis is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum