Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2013, 10:45 AM   #16
pourya
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 589
vCash: 500
Default Re: UFC is a joke

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeGlassedMe View Post
The best fight the best in the ufc, haven't you heard?
Well UFC has become a joke
Dana white is makign money- and the casual UFC fans probably just watch it but seriously you cant take this sport seriously-

In lightheavy weight there is hardly any decent fighters but john jones and in heavey weight you have 2-3 fighters but Dana is not matching up the best-

I used to love the pride days and the early days but now its ****ena JOKE-

WHo would even want to watch Big foot v cain

seriously...
pourya is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2013, 10:46 AM   #17
pourya
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 589
vCash: 500
Default Re: UFC is a joke

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyll View Post
False. Here's why:

1. Champs in each division fight the most dangerous opponents available (ex: Silva-Weidman, Velasquez-JDS, Aldo-Edgar, etc.)

2. The fights fans want to see do actually happen (Diaz-GSP, Bendo-Melendez, etc.)

3. If people get subbed or stopped it just means two fighters in the octagon are willing to fight instead of playing it safe.

Do these things exist in boxing? For the most part the answer is NO. I love both sports but out of the two the UFC delivers the most of what's needed.
1-not really- the fights people want to see are super fighters-
If dana didnt put JDS v cain then what coudl he put/ seriously

2-Mark fat hunt had no chance against JDS- FACT

3-Big foot v Cain
are you KIDDING ME?

pourya is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:48 AM   #18
pourya
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 589
vCash: 500
Default Re: UFC is a joke

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarngold View Post
Floyd Mayweather's record is weak compared to Sugar Ray Robinson. Come back when you have an actual point.

Ok dumb ass
actually its not - and that a fact- he has beaten them from pillar to post- they cant just create fighters for him

Let me tell you - in ufc you got guys who wont move from a weight divsion- ie john jones could easily campaign at heavy weight- the dude comes at fights at 220-230 but they wont

The point is UFC is that- UFC- it has become a joke and no i dnt pay for this shit

its free on so many sites but its a JOKE
pourya is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:56 AM   #19
On The Money
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Scotland
Posts: 2,338
vCash: 500
Default Re: UFC is a joke

The jokes on those mugs that pay to watch such tripe.
On The Money is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:14 AM   #20
Pure Glass
Journeyman
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 69
vCash: 500
Default Re: UFC is a joke

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeGlassedMe View Post
Can Velasquez' 11 wins are bums, JDS is his only good win.
Nog is a bum?

When Cain fought them, they were all ranked close to him, as a matter of fact, some were ranked above him.

You can look back in retrospect & say 'easy win', but at the time, it wasn't supposed to be.
Pure Glass is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:15 AM   #21
Pure Glass
Journeyman
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 69
vCash: 500
Default Re: UFC is a joke

UFC 160.

3 underdogs won . Pyle, Grant, Whittaker.

Lets look at recent boxing card.

Mayweather - Guerrero (mass walk outs, 0 underdog wins, total mismatches)

Froch - Kessler (0 underdog wins, pathetic undercard)

Matthysse - Patterson (0 underdog wins, total mismatches)

Garcia - Judah (0 underdog wins)

Hopkins - Cloud ()
Pure Glass is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 02:54 PM   #22
RSBonos
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,982
vCash: 1000
Default Re: UFC is a joke

The UFC has run back to back PPV main events that were massive mismatches in every department...odds, fan reaction and obviously in-ring performance.

The boxing HW division gets a lot of flack, but really the MMA version is a lot of smoke and mirrors. I honestly don't think C class guys like Pianeta and Charr are any worse overall athletes then JDS, Silva, Hunt, Overeem or big country. Werdum, Cain and Cormier at least are world class in specific areas.
RSBonos is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 06:22 PM   #23
RyDogg123
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: The Endz
Posts: 588
vCash: 1028
Default Re: UFC is a joke

When i first come on this forum, i immediately started a thread on the UFC being poor with Forrest Griffin being a champion... Then i started to realise, anybody has a chance in the UFC in MMA fullstop... You can have someone whos good on his feet, but cant defend a takedown, then theres the BJJ guys. Anybody has a chance, thats the beauty of it. Dana White and the UFC have done something i didnt think was possible, theyve took over... If i walked up to a man in the street and said... whos the UFC Heavyweight Champion, they know. If i asked the same man... whos the British Light Welterweight Champion... They dont have a clue. UFC isnt just about the fights, its the event, the coverage, everything about what Dana White, the Fertitta's have done is perfect if you ask me. They underpay people which isnt cool, but you see boxers fighting for pittance week in and week out, youve got a guy like Mark Hunt who lost numerous fights in a row... In boxing he'd be finished and forgotten, but the UFC gives everybody a chance and the opportunity to rebuild.
RyDogg123 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 06:26 PM   #24
RyDogg123
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: The Endz
Posts: 588
vCash: 1028
Default Re: UFC is a joke

pourya you dont have a clue kid, silly silly boy
RyDogg123 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 07:56 PM   #25
outtieDrake
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 269
vCash: 500
Default Re: UFC is a joke

Quote:
Originally Posted by pourya View Post
i dont know who would pay for ufc 160 given all the fights were going to be a mismatch

UFC is sucking all your monies dry by putting fights which are actually not even competitive.
and you're the punchline fag
outtieDrake is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:15 AM   #26
macp1
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: St. Catharines Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,563
vCash: 75
Default Re: UFC is a joke

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyDogg123 View Post
When i first come on this forum, i immediately started a thread on the UFC being poor with Forrest Griffin being a champion... Then i started to realise, anybody has a chance in the UFC in MMA fullstop... You can have someone whos good on his feet, but cant defend a takedown, then theres the BJJ guys. Anybody has a chance, thats the beauty of it. Dana White and the UFC have done something i didnt think was possible, theyve took over... If i walked up to a man in the street and said... whos the UFC Heavyweight Champion, they know. If i asked the same man... whos the British Light Welterweight Champion... They dont have a clue. UFC isnt just about the fights, its the event, the coverage, everything about what Dana White, the Fertitta's have done is perfect if you ask me. They underpay people which isnt cool, but you see boxers fighting for pittance week in and week out, youve got a guy like Mark Hunt who lost numerous fights in a row... In boxing he'd be finished and forgotten, but the UFC gives everybody a chance and the opportunity to rebuild.
Who is the Israel Fighting Championship Light Welterweight Champion?

That's what I thought.
macp1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:53 AM   #27
dmwalking
Journeyman
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 95
vCash: 500
Default Re: UFC is a joke

For the past few years Mayweather has had a lot of mis matches. Hatton should've never been in the ring with him. He also missed weight (purposely IMO) against an undersized JMM. Such is life.
dmwalking is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:43 PM   #28
derrick
6ft4 215 bring it on
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: West Palm beach in my log truck
Posts: 3,389
vCash: 533
Default Re: UFC is a joke

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyll View Post
False. Here's why:

1. Champs in each division fight the most dangerous opponents available (ex: Silva-Weidman, Velasquez-JDS, Aldo-Edgar, etc.)

2. The fights fans want to see do actually happen (Diaz-GSP, Bendo-Melendez, etc.)

3. If people get subbed or stopped it just means two fighters in the octagon are willing to fight instead of playing it safe.

Do these things exist in boxing? For the most part the answer is NO. I love both sports but out of the two the UFC delivers the most of what's needed.
You are right. Big fights don't happen in boxing. And then you have the heavyweight champ Wlad taking on bums that has no chance of winning. If Wlad were UFC champion he would not get away with these BS fights he keeps having. ANd while we have Wlad destroying boxing because he does not want to risk getting popped on his glass jaw. We have MAyweather vs. Pacman maybe the biggest fight in boxing history and it does not happen. UFC is beating boxing right now because they make there champs fight the best.
derrick is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 02:02 PM   #29
HeGlassedMe
ufc is the new pet rock
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Gaia
Posts: 1,210
vCash: 109
Default Re: UFC is a joke

Quote:
Originally Posted by derrick View Post
You are right. Big fights don't happen in boxing. And then you have the heavyweight champ Wlad taking on bums that has no chance of winning. If Wlad were UFC champion he would not get away with these BS fights he keeps having. ANd while we have Wlad destroying boxing because he does not want to risk getting popped on his glass jaw. We have MAyweather vs. Pacman maybe the biggest fight in boxing history and it does not happen. UFC is beating boxing right now because they make there champs fight the best.
ZZZSP-Silva needs more time to marinate. UFC titlists fight hyped up bums.
HeGlassedMe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:57 PM   #30
Saku
We Are All One
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: F95 HQ
Posts: 790
vCash: 1359
Default Re: UFC is a joke

I miss Pride FC...
Saku is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013