Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 06-06-2013, 10:40 PM   #12571
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 166
Default Re: Official Aussie NRL Thread

You are right, Tate is a grub...He hates the world because has to wear that neck brace.
WhataRock is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2013, 02:15 AM   #12572
perko
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Would'nt mind seeing Gallen squaring up to Josh Papalii in the near future , Gall better have learn some defence cause he'll be wearing some knuckle imprints on his skull.
perko is offline  Top
Old 06-07-2013, 03:15 AM   #12573
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908

I just watched the game, well the first half of it earlier today.
I can't believe how flat Queenslqnd looked. They just seemed disinterested and just going through the motions. To only lose by 8 must give them confidence and I still feel they'll take the series.
Maloney was great. He really stepped up I thought, though he did miss a sitter, but his place in the team was more than justified. Pearce didn't seem to do much though.
Farrah was also good and is really turning into an origin star.

As for Gallen, yeah, he is a grub, but so is Myles. Prick got nothing less than he deserves IMO. Game 2 should produce some fire.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 06-07-2013, 05:56 AM   #12574
perko
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Got to agree even though it pains me as a diehard Qlder , looked like we were just playing at a run of the mill NRL game pace and passion - lacking speed , drive and power and just holding on through last gasp guts and determination. Gallen and Lewis powered over our pigs and its still a mystery to me how the final margin was only 8 points , coulda been 20. Mal has to find something at Lang Fortress .
perko is offline  Top
Old 06-07-2013, 06:43 AM   #12575
oztriker
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhataRock View Post
You are right, Tate is a grub...He hates the world because has to wear that neck brace.
Nah...He hates the world because his Mum dropped him face first from a 4 storey building...No other explanation for so much ugly being crammed into one face.
oztriker is offline  Top
Old 06-07-2013, 09:00 AM   #12576
wide_open_road
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 187

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks View Post
I just watched the game, well the first half of it earlier today.
I can't believe how flat Queenslqnd looked. They just seemed disinterested and just going through the motions. To only lose by 8 must give them confidence and I still feel they'll take the series.
Maloney was great. He really stepped up I thought, though he did miss a sitter, but his place in the team was more than justified. Pearce didn't seem to do much though.
Farrah was also good and is really turning into an origin star.

As for Gallen, yeah, he is a grub, but so is Myles. Prick got nothing less than he deserves IMO. Game 2 should produce some fire.

son of Wayne was very quiet

Origins are more often than not pretty close, even when QLD were getting pumped it stayed close, thats how it is, made for an interesting game

Geez its going to be feral game two in Banjo county

Last edited by wide_open_road; 06-07-2013 at 04:44 PM.
wide_open_road is offline  Top
Old 06-11-2013, 04:54 PM   #12577
wide_open_road
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
I really ****ing despise Gallen. The guys is such a grub. Always pissing and moaning about Myles but the fact is the complaints made about him have never gone before a judiciary. However, Gallen has faced the panel 17 times and some of those were for headbutts, squeezing peoples nuts, fighting, biting, eye gouging and trying to pull out a players facial stitches.

He hit Myles with a swinging arm, then belted him a few times when he was dazed and suddenly he is some NSW hero? He is a ****ing bogan. I hope he gets a taste of his own medicine. Would love to see someone like Tallis beat snot through him. Big GI should put him in his place. Jennings is a dirty **** as well.

Still, as a QLD supporter, I am the first to admit the dirtiest player on the field, and the most overrated IMO, is Brett Tate. I guarantee you next round he will do something messed up.

The reasons stated above are why I love Gal, an old fashioned forward

Why do you go for QLD? Do you live there? Born there? Lived there in the past? Or fail to understand the concept?
wide_open_road is offline  Top
Old 06-12-2013, 05:17 AM   #12578
abe01
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 415

Quote:
Originally Posted by wide_open_road View Post

Why do you go for QLD? Do you live there? Born there? Lived there in the past? Or fail to understand the concept?
Hate say but I agree... if it was a qlder that did what gal did everyone would be raving about "qld pride" and how much origin "means to them"
abe01 is offline  Top
Old 06-16-2013, 03:52 PM   #12579
boxing4ever
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

How much have the warriors improved. Its pretty remarkable seeing this side after the Penrith debacle.

The defence has improved amazingly. They actually can defend there line now and dont look like they are beaten as soon as they fall behind. I would never of thought this side would win 4 games on the trot. They have Brisbane next in Auckland and I think they will win that one so that will be 5 on the bounce.
boxing4ever is offline  Top
Old 06-17-2013, 02:41 AM   #12580
The Jackal
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 86

Should change this to the tumbleweed thread.
Nothing to see here.
The Jackal is offline  Top
Old 06-17-2013, 06:26 AM   #12581
The Jackal
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by broad_overt_ave View Post
Not as long as this little black duckie's posting here The Jackal - I'm known amongst my somewhat enormous circle of fans <ahem!> friends as "The Caffeine of Southern Sydney" - I energise and agitate baby, I live on the edge <clicks fingers> and simply put, if you can't keep up with me, don't bother trying to ride along in my slipstream, because I am a GO-ER!!!

As long as I deign to post my wildly hilarious and effervescently interesting tales of a 40-something living the high life overlooking rich people's rooftops here, this forum will have life.
Surely you jest?
Old 06-17-2013, 09:35 PM   #12582
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by broad_overt_ave View Post
Oh dear, George Burgess, you must have been the milkman's son, your big brother Sam would never carry on like that.

Hang your head in shame young man, you had better pray you don't get shipped back to the Old Dart.
Ship the soap dodger back to Limeyville. If it was a homegrown miscreant their would be nothing we could do but this foreigner who probably earns in a week what the car owner earns in 2 months carrying on like this. For shame Souffs for shame.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 06-18-2013, 02:47 AM   #12583
The Jackal
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I'm heading up to Steak and Kidney for the next school holidays.
Who does a good steak up there?
It needs to be a porterhouse and cost more than $4.95.
Going to have a couple of nights on the beers, but don't see myself ever going near a schooner and a shit pub meal.
I heard if you start that nonsense you more often than not end up at a Mardi Gras wearing a Souffs outfit.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:38 AM   #12584
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611

Dogs will towel the Roosters up this week aswell...gonna be a big fall from grace
teke is offline  Top
Old 06-19-2013, 08:18 PM   #12585
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by wide_open_road View Post

born in Toowoomba, lived there until i was 10 months old

my dad is a QLDer, always was brought up a maroon even though my jr footy was all played in tamworth, NSW
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum