Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2013, 11:31 AM   #166
ChicagoBoxLife
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 253
vCash: 75
Default Re: *Grzegorz Proksa*

He is not who I thought he would become... too bad
ChicagoBoxLife is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2013, 11:34 AM   #167
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 120,490
vCash: 2000
Default Re: *Grzegorz Proksa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai's Slice View Post
....Sorry guys. After such a weak showing against Sergio fawlking Mora I don't actually consider Gzegrorz Proksa with much world-class relevancy -- if that is even still applicable. Let your hands (if you can land). He showed no ability to adapt and get through against an opponent in belief he would win. This wasn't a crushing by GGG or a shot to pieces Sylvester... this was S.E.R.G.I.O. M.O.R.A! A man who was raped by a shot Vernon Forrest and decisioned by a less than extraordinary Brian Vera (good calls)...TWICE! I can hear the screeching of the wheels of his big hype train. "Yep, that's all folks! Be sure to check out the Golovkin, the Kazakh Sugar Ray Robinson!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchivito View Post
Like I've always said Proksa is a poor man's Maravilla. The speed and power is there, but doesn't think or plan in the ring. Everything he throws is a powerpunch and if he can't hurt his opponent he starts having confidence issues. He can improve if he's willing to learn, but until then if he can't even believe in himself he won't get passed C level opponents PERIOD.

All true.
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:35 AM   #168
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 120,490
vCash: 2000
Default Re: *Grzegorz Proksa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoBoxLife View Post
He is not who I thought he would become... too bad
The self-taught angle made for a great story...but it only reinforces that to become great in boxing you need a foundation steeped in high-quality coaching...
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:50 PM   #169
damian38
El Chicano- #1 GGG fan
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Polska Siła!!!
Posts: 8,819
vCash: 75
Default Re: *Grzegorz Proksa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
The self-taught angle made for a great story...but it only reinforces that to become great in boxing you need a foundation steeped in high-quality coaching...
Proksa has never fully commited to boxing, I remember at one time in his career he was his own manager and instead of training in the gym, he would be in talks with possible sponosors, he's also had trainer issues, at one point, he didn't even have a trainer in his corner from what I know, it's a shame, because the physical attributes are there, he's just never really commited to being a full time fighter
damian38 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:52 PM   #170
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 120,490
vCash: 2000
Default Re: *Grzegorz Proksa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by damian38 View Post
Proksa has never fully commited to boxing, I remember at one time in his career he was his own manager and instead of training in the gym, he would be in talks with possible sponosors, he's also had trainer issues, at one point, he didn't even have a trainer in his corner from what I know, it's a shame, because the physical attributes are there, he's just never really commited to being a full time fighter
Yeah, that simply isn't the way to succeed.

Athletic talent (even with the addition of desire) won't carry you all the way.
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013