boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2013, 05:54 AM   #4591
Stevie G
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: London,England
Posts: 9,518
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The poster who is most valuable to you.

Quite a few of you guys have a lot of constructive things to say.
Stevie G is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2013, 06:47 AM   #4592
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 10,451
vCash: 313
Default Re: The poster who is most valuable to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus View Post
Is magna gone? His true identity is not so inspiring.
Guy didn't know his ass from his elbow. Its wholly evident from reading posts from guys like SteHawking that they are in and around the game of boxing.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 07:10 AM   #4593
Boxed Ears
Pugilistic Surrealist
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Surrealistic Regurgitation Format Poster
Posts: 25,392
vCash: 0
Default Re: The poster who is most valuable to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
I love how almost nobody picks up on the fact that in the OP there is no actual question being asked.

It's written in more of a fortune cookie style.
Ohhhh, I see what you're saying. I've got a great poster of Foxy Brown in my basement, to answer the question. Pam Grier, I mean. Not that tiny rapping girl.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 07:29 AM   #4594
Stevie G
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: London,England
Posts: 9,518
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The poster who is most valuable to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxed Ears View Post
Ohhhh, I see what you're saying. I've got a great poster of Foxy Brown in my basement, to answer the question. Pam Grier, I mean. Not that tiny rapping girl.
Very attractive woman !
Stevie G is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 07:57 AM   #4595
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 37,900
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The poster who is most valuable to you.

Senya13
McGrain is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 09:08 AM   #4596
Trail
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 420
vCash: 500
Default Re: The poster who is most valuable to you.

John Garfield or Intentional Butt
Trail is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 01:41 PM   #4597
Boxed Ears
Pugilistic Surrealist
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Surrealistic Regurgitation Format Poster
Posts: 25,392
vCash: 0
Default Re: The poster who is most valuable to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie G View Post
Very attractive woman !
Invaluably so. To me. Personally. In private, by myself. I-I mean-er-because I, em, paint...I'm a painter. I-I-em, I use the poster as a base for many of my portraits...that I do...so, privately, I work, to paint, and, em,...Hey, look over there!
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 02:14 PM   #4598
Clinton
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,871
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The poster who is most valuable to you.

I love the Classic because I get to learn so much. I find these posters to be quite educating and knowledgable and have learned a ton from them: Stonehands, Burt, John Garfield, HHascup, Morlocks and McGrain. But in direct response to the TS question, my answer has to be Lufcrazy. He and I have had some heated debates in the past, but he has always made great points in an intelligent fashion. Despite being a young fellow, he is obviously an elite poster and it's always been a great pleasure for me to do battle with him.
Clinton is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 12:04 AM   #4599
Anubis
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 808
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The poster who is most valuable to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxed Ears View Post
Invaluably so. To me. Personally. In private, by myself. I-I mean-er-because I, em, paint...I'm a painter. I-I-em, I use the poster as a base for many of my portraits...that I do...so, privately, I work, to paint, and, em,...Hey, look over there!
Jackson Pollock lives! [C'mon BE, how did you think he REALLY got started?]

Me, I wanted to unpaint her after seeing her as Mamowi in The Arena when I was 12. That is, I wanted to chain her down, slowly lick the delicious chocolate complexion completely off her skin, and nurse on her until they were completely deflated.
Anubis is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:16 PM   #4600
heavy_hands
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,126
vCash: 500
Default Re: The poster who is most valuable to you.

oh i forgot seamus... he is one of them
heavy_hands is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:26 PM   #4601
red cobra
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The Sea of Tranquility
Posts: 13,495
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The poster who is most valuable to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_hands View Post
usually i agree with red cobra, steve g, he grant, unforgiven, the southpaw ,sometimes with mr magoo, tommygun711 and mrbill, of the "new" posters i definitely agree fecuently with shawn kemp .
i think that every old poster from the old classic forum know his stuff of boxing, simply yo can find partial or impartial guys. for example i respect your Knowledge (janitor) but you are a bit partial in favor of the old school fighters, you pick dempsey against almost anyone. bummydavis for example knows his **** but he is partial 100% in favor of his favourite fighters and then sometimes you can read good comments from him, ,but their favourite fighters win always, he said once that marciano would beat foreman prime vs prime based on that old foreman took too many shots from qawi...please..., he said that morrison had mw chin because he got stopped by 2 full sized hws, but joe louis(one of his heros) did not have mw chin when he got stopped by the 190s pounder max schmeling or dropped by the 180s pounder walcott or the former lhw skinny bradock...
anthony is not any ignorant but when he hates a guy he is partial like hell... he is saying that foreman was 62 1/2 , holyfield was 60 3/4 .. tyson was 59.... according to him every height of any fighter is wrong... absolutely ridiculous... george foreman was 63 1/2 close to 64, evander was 62 and tyson was 510 1/2, mike was clearly taller than ray leonard and he was close to frazier who was listed 511, and evander was clearly taller than hearns who was 61.
i disagree with ironchamp but he was one of the few tysonfanboys who always had a good answer for you.
rockysplitnoise i agree with him sometimes, and sometimes not, he makes great argument but he is a bit partial too, principally with marciano,walcott and charles. but yes, i disagree with several guys but i respect them because they make good answer for me.
I'm somewhat partial to my favorite fighters as you say Bummy is...but I think we've been on the same page quite a lot heavy_hands...
red cobra is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:27 PM   #4602
red cobra
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The Sea of Tranquility
Posts: 13,495
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The poster who is most valuable to you.

Speaking of Bummy Davis, I have almost never disagreed with him about anything...
red cobra is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:32 PM   #4603
heavy_hands
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,126
vCash: 500
Default Re: The poster who is most valuable to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red cobra View Post
Speaking of Bummy Davis, I have almost never disagreed with him about anything...
i am pretty sure that you would not pick rocky over foreman and much less basing your argument on the fight old foreman vs qawi...
heavy_hands is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:43 PM   #4604
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 12,836
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The poster who is most valuable to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_hands View Post
i am pretty sure that you would not pick rocky over foreman and much less basing your argument on the fight old foreman vs qawi...
Not to get derailed here, but I rewatched the Foreman Qawi fight the other night for the first time in a a decade or so. Far too much is made of Qawi's success in this bout. He has a few moments but they are just infrequent surges against the massive tide of Foreman's comprehensive breakdown of Qawi. It is just a classic beatdown of a smaller fighter by a larger, more physically gifted fighter the whole way.
Seamus is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 02:25 PM   #4605
LittleRed
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Yoknapatawpha
Posts: 3,415
vCash: 475
Default Re: The poster who is most valuable to you.

I guess Shawn Kemp, dino, and tliang from the 23rd century. I really don't know ifjanitor wanted us to name names.
LittleRed is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015