VG_Addict is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2013, 09:14 AM   #2
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Silva-Weidman II.

It really is impossible to tell. We didn't see anything we didn't know. Can Silva fight better? Yes. Can he not clown? Yes. Can he still violently ko Weidman? Very likely.

Weidmann had a good first round but before the ko he was looking a bit tired in the corner and became very static and inactive.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 07-07-2013, 09:26 AM   #3
EL BULLY
Contender
ESB Senior Member

If Silva doesn't hold his lands low and hang his chin out Weidman is more likely to go for the take down. One thing struck me as Anderson was entering the cage: Joe Rogan, who is paid by the UFC to big up their fighters, listed all the 'elite' fighters Silva has beaten. That list went, Belfort, Franklin, Sonnen, Bonnar and Griffin. Weidman is arguably the best fighter Silva has faced in the UFC and he came up short. Add to that Weidmans youth, reach and wrestling and I personally would pick Weidman to win the rematch should it happen.
EL BULLY is offline  Top
Old 07-07-2013, 12:41 PM   #4
HeGlassedMe
ufc is the new pet rock
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 109

Whoever DW wants will win the rematch.
HeGlassedMe is offline  Top
Old 07-07-2013, 03:45 PM   #5
Beouche
Dinamita
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Anderson toyed about and nearly finished the fight half a dozen times

If he would do a rematch and just go for the kill, then i reckon Chris would be ****ed

But who knows? Im not counting that dude out ever again. He's fukcing aweomse
Beouche is offline  Top
Old 07-07-2013, 05:13 PM   #6
afterglow
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Anderson. As long as the KO hasn't ****ed him up, and he doesn't go all full retard during the fight.

Anderson can still keep his hands low and show some simblence of defence. He just chose to go all out in being an ass and paid for it.
afterglow is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2013, 12:20 AM   #7
elmaldito
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Weidman easier
elmaldito is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2013, 02:05 AM   #8
KelandBeave
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by afterglow View Post
Anderson. As long as the KO hasn't ****ed him up, and he doesn't go all full retard during the fight.

Anderson can still keep his hands low and show some simblence of defence. He just chose to go all out in being an ass and paid for it.
KelandBeave is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2013, 03:29 PM   #9
dmwalking
Journeyman

Immediate rematch? I'd say a non playful Anderson wins. He was able to nullify Weidman's top game and get back to the feet where he should have won.

Truthfully, I feel that a rematch is inevitable. Anderson is too good for middle road guys. He'll run through some guys. Then get the itch for a title again. But by then, Weidman will have more experience and age will have caught up to Anderson.

So in an immediate rematch or a rematch within the year, I'd favor Anderson.

In a future rematch a year or two from now? I'd favor Weidman.
dmwalking is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2013, 03:35 PM   #10
BewareofDawg
P4P Champ
East Side VIP

The only thing I learned from this first fight is that weidman CANNOT take Anderson down at will, like so many were suggesting he could. After Anderson got back up from the first takedown, he stuffed the next 3 takedown attempts, and seemed to control the clinches. He was trying to clown weidman and make a serious and Embarassing statement because he most likely felt disrespected so many were picking against him. He made a mistake.
But does anyone truly believe that IF Anderson came out in that 2nd round going for the kill, that Weidman could've defended himself?? I don't. In the rematch, I think Anderson is going to feel him out in the first, then quickly knock him out in the 2nd.
BewareofDawg is offline  Top
Old 07-08-2013, 07:19 PM   #11
benebox
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

If Anderson Sliva really wants to win he will win the rematch with in 2 rounds.
benebox is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2013, 03:50 AM   #12
elmaldito
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by benebox View Post
If Anderson Sliva really wants to win he will win the rematch with in 2 rounds.
Good one. Hahaha
What a knee slapper
elmaldito is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2013, 04:02 AM   #13
EL BULLY
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BewareofDawg View Post
The only thing I learned from this first fight is that weidman CANNOT take Anderson down at will, like so many were suggesting he could. After Anderson got back up from the first takedown, he stuffed the next 3 takedown attempts, and seemed to control the clinches. He was trying to clown weidman and make a serious and Embarassing statement because he most likely felt disrespected so many were picking against him. He made a mistake.
But does anyone truly believe that IF Anderson came out in that 2nd round going for the kill, that Weidman could've defended himself?? I don't. In the rematch, I think Anderson is going to feel him out in the first, then quickly knock him out in the 2nd.
I watched it again and after the first takedown and GNP and sub attempt Weidman looked seriously gassed. Maybe it was nerves or an adrenaline dump. The first half of the first round made me think that beyond a shadow of any doubt that Jones would absolutely ****ing destroy Anderson and if Sonnen had any offensive striking at all he would have beaten Anderson as well. No matter how good guys are at striking, even at Andersons level, if you have no wrestling at all it is a huge hole in your game. Andersons clowning was him encouraging Weidman to kick box with him and avoid the ground at all costs.

The strangest thing about the fight is that Anderson never even landed a glove on Weidman.
EL BULLY is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2013, 04:14 AM   #14
Beouche
Dinamita
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BewareofDawg View Post
x2
Beouche is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2013, 06:20 AM   #15
OCAVE
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beouche View Post
Anderson toyed about and nearly finished the fight half a dozen times

If he would do a rematch and just go for the kill, then i reckon Chris would be ****ed

But who knows? Im not counting that dude out ever again. He's fukcing aweomse
Anderson nearly finished the fight half a dozen times? Hummmm really?
OCAVE is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum