Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 07-08-2013, 04:52 PM   #46
Solaris
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Kevin Mitchell - Does anyone still care?

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy nelson View Post
To be fair he should be talked about he's a two weight world champ and a real sound guy,if he were English he'd be raved about on here let's be honest,Kevin is a good fighter but not at the same level as Ricky and never will be
What's the population of England versus Scotland Billy?

You're a tiny country to the north of the only country that matters in the United Kingdom.

Get over it.
Solaris is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2013, 06:43 AM   #47
DON1
ICEMAN
ESB Senior Member

Dude is done, Mentally is weak. Has double the ability of Ricky Burns but difference is Burns works his ass off 110%, lives the life and is mentally strong. Beats talent all day long.
DON1 is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2013, 08:11 AM   #48
Westy78
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 821

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON1 View Post
Dude is done, Mentally is weak. Has double the ability of Ricky Burns but difference is Burns works his ass off 110%, lives the life and is mentally strong. Beats talent all day long.
I agree Mitchell has got a lot of talent, but has pretty much p*ssed it up the wall
Westy78 is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2013, 09:09 AM   #49
rampant
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

He may have talent but he struggled on Sat night, has very little head movement (still) was getting hit very easily from a relative novice and gets sparked out as soon as he moves up again.
rampant is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2013, 08:22 AM   #50
rampant
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

So everyone happy with Mitchell's performance on Sat?
rampant is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2013, 08:47 AM   #51
Will
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

It was a decent enough performance.

I agree he got hit too much, but then the guy he was fighting actually had a pretty good style.

Fight should really have been waved of after the Knockdown as he was in no position to continue at the time and you can't be saved by the bell.

He looked classy in spells but also rusty in others. was clearly looking to get the rounds in as there were a few times where you felt he could have killed it off.

The guy was tough and certainly earned his money.

With a decent trainer and some confidence building I feel he could be more than an 'opponent'.

As for Mitchell would love to see him against Crolla.
Will is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2013, 09:15 AM   #52
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
What's the population of England versus Scotland Billy?

You're a tiny country to the north of the only country that matters in the United Kingdom.

Get over it.
Come on wee man your full of under achievers,FFS you still go on 50 years later about the world cup.
It's that tiny country that produces the main source of income for this country and your nation benefits from it,kindly remember that.
billy nelson is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2013, 09:19 AM   #53
Will
Champion
East Side Guru

Don't believe everything that Salmond says Billy.

Scotland benefits from many economic tie ups that with out the uk it would not get.

And then there is the small matter of defence.

And as far as mentioning the world cup probably not a great idea mentioning it when just qualifying seems a near Olympic effort for wee Scotland
Will is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2013, 09:27 AM   #54
second to none
Belt holder
ESB Addict

FFS thought this was a boxing forum not a discussion on England Vs Scotland divide, back to the topic at hand, Kevin is a european level fighter simple as, he was destroyed in both of his world title fights, neither fight was even close, Burns beats him all day long saying Kevin just wasnt prepared ect is an excuse Burns was and is in a different league to Mitchell
second to none is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2013, 09:28 AM   #55
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will View Post
Don't believe everything that Salmond says Billy.

Scotland benefits from many economic tie ups that with out the uk it would not get.

And then there is the small matter of defence.

And as far as mentioning the world cup probably not a great idea mentioning it when just qualifying seems a near Olympic effort for wee Scotland
the diffrence being we don't expect yous do and your shit lets face it mate FFS your a buch of bottle merchants when it comes to penalty shoot out lol I creamed my pants when Stuart Pearce missed his penalty years ago ****ing priceless.
defence the counties best soldiers are Scottish mate renowned throughout the world for there battling qualities,you need to do your home work.
Your Goverment gives all the defence orders to English companies to keep there own in employment simple
Old 07-10-2013, 09:30 AM   #56
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by second to none View Post
FFS thought this was a boxing forum not a discussion on England Vs Scotland divide, back to the topic at hand, Kevin is a european level fighter simple as, he was destroyed in both of his world title fights, neither fight was even close, Burns beats him all day long saying Kevin just wasnt prepared ect is an excuse Burns was and is in a different league to Mitchell
Kevin was prepared he looked great on the scales and in the ring, justBurns is so much better
Old 07-10-2013, 09:42 AM   #57
REEVO
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Kevin was prepared he looked great on the scales and in the ring, justBurns is so much better
I think Mitchell is a good solid pro, I think he is just below world level, he did a great number on Prescott who has had plenty of good fights and a few scalps. Burns isn't much better Billy don't kid yourself mate he got totally out boxed for the majority of his last fight and there are a few names out there that will beat him ,Terrance Crawford will do a number on him after seeing what a technician like Gonzales did to him..
In all fairness Billy would you give Gonzales a rematch as he was winning by a country mile before it was stopped? I think he deserves it..
REEVO is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2013, 09:46 AM   #58
Will
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
the diffrence being we don't expect yous do and your shit lets face it mate FFS your a buch of bottle merchants when it comes to penalty shoot out lol I creamed my pants when Stuart Pearce missed his penalty years ago ****ing priceless.
defence the counties best soldiers are Scottish mate renowned throughout the world for there battling qualities,you need to do your home work.
Your Goverment gives all the defence orders to English companies to keep there own in employment simple
My family has a military background and my homework is done.
I never questioned Scotlands quality of soldier, however who pays them and who trains them, who provides their equipment?

And just about everybody in England pissed there pants when Hendry fell over as Gasgoine danced around him and scored a wonder goal!!!
Will is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2013, 09:59 AM   #59
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by REEVO View Post
I think Mitchell is a good solid pro, I think he is just below world level, he did a great number on Prescott who has had plenty of good fights and a few scalps. Burns isn't much better Billy don't kid yourself mate he got totally out boxed for the majority of his last fight and there are a few names out there that will beat him ,Terrance Crawford will do a number on him after seeing what a technician like Gonzales did to him..
In all fairness Billy would you give Gonzales a rematch as he was winning by a country mile before it was stopped? I think he deserves it..
Taylor was beating froch by further who won? Did Taylor get a rematch move on mate
Old 07-10-2013, 10:00 AM   #60
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will View Post
My family has a military background and my homework is done.
I never questioned Scotlands quality of soldier, however who pays them and who trains them, who provides their equipment?

And just about everybody in England pissed there pants when Hendry fell over as Gasgoine danced around him and scored a wonder goal!!!
Yes and look how well he's doing for himself now

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum