Old 07-09-2013, 08:16 AM   #16
BewareofDawg
P4P Champ
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Silva-Weidman II.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL BULLY View Post
I watched it again and after the first takedown and GNP and sub attempt Weidman looked seriously gassed. Maybe it was nerves or an adrenaline dump. The first half of the first round made me think that beyond a shadow of any doubt that Jones would absolutely ****ing destroy Anderson and if Sonnen had any offensive striking at all he would have beaten Anderson as well. No matter how good guys are at striking, even at Andersons level, if you have no wrestling at all it is a huge hole in your game. Andersons clowning was him encouraging Weidman to kick box with him and avoid the ground at all costs.

The strangest thing about the fight is that Anderson never even landed a glove on Weidman.
I agree about the Jones statement. Also with Weidman, he did look really gassed which is even weirder to me why Anderson just didn't go for the kill when weidman was just basically sleeping on him in the clinch. Just a weird fight all around , thank god I didn't spend flight, hotel and ticket money to see it.

Anderson did land a right jab on him though, that was it I think.
BewareofDawg is online now  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2013, 02:43 PM   #17
dmwalking
Journeyman

vCash: 500

Quote:
I watched it again and after the first takedown and GNP and sub attempt Weidman looked seriously gassed. Maybe it was nerves or an adrenaline dump. The first half of the first round made me think that beyond a shadow of any doubt that Jones would absolutely ****ing destroy Anderson and if Sonnen had any offensive striking at all he would have beaten Anderson as well. No matter how good guys are at striking, even at Andersons level, if you have no wrestling at all it is a huge hole in your game. Andersons clowning was him encouraging Weidman to kick box with him and avoid the ground at all costs.

The strangest thing about the fight is that Anderson never even landed a glove on Weidman.
Damn. That's crazy. Good post.
dmwalking is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2013, 06:14 PM   #18
afterglow
Contender
ESB Senior Member

He didn't go for the kill after Weidman gassed because he wanted to embarress him.

It would also be a big **** you to all of the people that said he would lose.
afterglow is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2013, 07:32 PM   #19
HeGlassedMe
ufc is the new pet rock
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 109

This rematch will easily break 1.5 million, you're a smart man Dana.
HeGlassedMe is offline  Top
Old 07-09-2013, 07:41 PM   #20
BewareofDawg
P4P Champ
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by afterglow View Post
He didn't go for the kill after Weidman gassed because he wanted to embarress him.

It would also be a big **** you to all of the people that said he would lose.
This is exactly what I think also. He didn't want to just "beat" him. He wanted to make a statement that Weidman wasn't even in the same class as him, like he did to Forrest and Bonnar.

And **** all this bull**** "that's how Silva always fights". No it isn't! You don't see him clowning against Franklin/Hendo/Vitor like that! Did we??
Old 07-10-2013, 02:49 AM   #21
EL BULLY
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BewareofDawg View Post
This is exactly what I think also. He didn't want to just "beat" him. He wanted to make a statement that Weidman wasn't even in the same class as him, like he did to Forrest and Bonnar.

And **** all this bull**** "that's how Silva always fights". No it isn't! You don't see him clowning against Franklin/Hendo/Vitor like that! Did we??
I think it's more a case of Anderson being a counter puncher. He needs guys to over commit to striking and then jumps on their mistakes. I really think the big difference was Weidmans reach. When your feet are planted and you're doing the limbo there's only so far you can go back. AS was at full tilt and Weidman was at full stretch. I also think AS was a bit hurt from some of the shots Weidman was landing that probably affected his balance.

It's strange but Sonnen really got the better of Anderson on the feet in their first fight and landed more shots than any other fighter against him. These wrestlers that just come forward and throw shots seem to be able to catch him rather than guys that are looking for incredibly accurate strikes.
EL BULLY is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2013, 04:15 PM   #22
afterglow
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BewareofDawg View Post

He did do a little dance against Franklin in their second fight, and came close to getting kicked in the head.
Old 07-10-2013, 04:17 PM   #23
afterglow
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
I think it's more a case of Anderson being a counter puncher. He needs guys to over commit to striking and then jumps on their mistakes. I really think the big difference was Weidmans reach. When your feet are planted and you're doing the limbo there's only so far you can go back. AS was at full tilt and Weidman was at full stretch. I also think AS was a bit hurt from some of the shots Weidman was landing that probably affected his balance.

It's strange but Sonnen really got the better of Anderson on the feet in their first fight and landed more shots than any other fighter against him. These wrestlers that just come forward and throw shots seem to be able to catch him rather than guys that are looking for incredibly accurate strikes.
It wasn't strange that Sonnen was able to do what he did.

It's something a good wrestler can do if their smart and on their game.

He kept Anderson guessing at wether he was gonna take him down or strike, and continuously during that fight had Anderson guessing wrong. Hence him winning the standup.

Silva wasn't confused with Weidman. He was just being an asshole.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:44 PM   #24
BewareofDawg
P4P Champ
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by afterglow View Post
He did do a little dance against Franklin in their second fight, and came close to getting kicked in the head.
My bad then, guess he's been a jackass for longer than I remember

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum