Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 06-27-2013, 04:47 AM   #1
Johnboy2007
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1075
Default boxing on aussie tv

Hello all

I've been living in Adelaide for the past 3 months and haven't had the time to watch any of the boxing. I haven't got fox tel where I am. My question is what channels do you catch the boxing on here , especially international? For example I really want to catch Macklin vs golovkin and I know in america its on HBO, in the UK I'd catch it on sky or box nation , but what channel could I see it on here.

I'd be happy to sit in the pub and watch it if anyone knows good pubs to watch the boxing in Adelaide. Or even if I know the right channels to ask about I can make my own inquiries

Cheers , missing the boxing badly!
Johnboy2007 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2013, 06:04 AM   #2
TCboxa
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 346
Default Re: boxing on aussie tv

Its not on free to air TV, you need foxtel or Austar and have to purchase it as a PPV event. Check the entertainment section of the local news paper when its closer to fight night and you might see pubs advertising the fight, otherwise phone some of them up and ask if they are showing the fight.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2013, 10:30 AM   #3
Da Voice
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnboy2007 View Post
Hello all

I've been living in Adelaide for the past 3 months and haven't had the time to watch any of the boxing. I haven't got fox tel where I am. My question is what channels do you catch the boxing on here , especially international? For example I really want to catch Macklin vs golovkin and I know in america its on HBO, in the UK I'd catch it on sky or box nation , but what channel could I see it on here.

I'd be happy to sit in the pub and watch it if anyone knows good pubs to watch the boxing in Adelaide. Or even if I know the right channels to ask about I can make my own inquiries

Cheers , missing the boxing badly!
You can get Foxtel installed so you can access it by telephone landline, which is the best way if renting. If & when you move, you get Telstra to split that line. This will also give you access to Internet.
I may as well mention Austar is no more. It's now Foxtel metro & Foxtel regional (former Austar dish job)

Last edited by Da Voice; 06-27-2013 at 02:32 PM.
Da Voice is offline  Top
Old 06-28-2013, 06:13 AM   #4
KelandBeave
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 75

Your biggest problem is that you are living in a shit hole called Adelaide
KelandBeave is offline  Top
Old 07-07-2013, 07:20 AM   #5
Youngy

vCash: 500

In Adelaide we get the same access to boxing on the TV that they get in Sydney or Melbourne.

The only knuckleheads who think Adelaide is a shit hole are those jealous fools who are envious of our laid back & far more affordable lifestyle.

I moved here from Melbourne, 16 years ago and have never regretted it one bit.
Youngy is offline  Top
Old 07-10-2013, 07:00 PM   #6
Johnboy2007
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1075

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngy View Post
In Adelaide we get the same access to boxing on the TV that they get in Sydney or Melbourne.

The only knuckleheads who think Adelaide is a shit hole are those jealous fools who are envious of our laid back & far more affordable lifestyle.

I moved here from Melbourne, 16 years ago and have never regretted it one bit.
I love Adelaide, I grew up here. Feels like home.... Still missing the boing though.. Even fox tel doesn't seem to have the big fights involving anyone other than Australian boxers.
Johnboy2007 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum