Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2013, 11:37 AM   #16
Jim Bowen
MARVELOUS
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Manchester
Posts: 2,279
vCash: 500
Default Re: Jon Jones, Stay away from Wlad Klitschko!

Quote:
Originally Posted by latineg View Post
the cheap elbow ? Claiming elbows are CHEAP is like claiming your opponent shouldn't use KICKs or KNEEs. **** off with the CHEAP CUTs. Blood is part of fighting **** face, if you were a real Scot you would know this "MR DONT KICK ME IN THE KNEE!!!!" I think you must of been ELBOWED as a wee laddy in school weren't you sugar pants? Didn't like THE ELBOW ? Did it hurt? It wasn't fair was it??? You weren't expecting it were you? You could of WHOOPED their asses if they just didn't use those cheap elbows witch were just not fair and hurt you.

Take your Haggis and your flock of defiled Sheep and get the **** out of this this thread.

By the way i'm totally joking ass breath, well not about the ELBOWs or the KNEE kicks as judging them CHEAP , well I see your POINT and I don't say its total garbage like I joked around above it was, I just think its a little bit garbage, focus on ELBOWs taking that individually to prevent confusion of duality jumping back and forth unwittingly preventing real points from elbows continuing forwards blocked by confusion from attempting to create perceptions for elbows as well as kicks to the knee not knowing exactly witch way we are all flowing with thought towards you freaking sheep shagging pervert, again , totally joking mate,,, , so back to JUST the ELBOWs, no doubt the MAIN gripe is the CUT FACTOR, ok FAIR POINT, why ? Because the truth is ELBOWs do account for a large portion of CUTs that significantly effect a FIGHT thereby altering its COURSE in a way whereby a otherwise GAME opponent is effected to a degree that is the DIFFERENCE in the fight. Often a bloody elbow can leave a fighter not just down ONE EYEs sight but DISTRACTED as one keeps making the mistake of TRYING to use TWO EYEs denying the reality that will only keep happening for a random split second or two until once again the subconscious will REACT faster than the conscious is aware it has REACTED via the delivery pace refered to as just below LIGHT SPEED or there abouts,,,, plus then he can get HIT far easier in the same side of the face assuming that the cut is somewhat over one of the eyes witch does and will keep happening,,, so then the CUT is effecting the OUTCOME even MORE messing all the RULEs of EQUAL CLEAR ORDER up right across the board, I get it, I really do, im a bleeder myself,,, aye laddy, its no fun when in a fight and holding well and realizing that your bleeding at a pretty good PACE and then becoming AWARE that your OPPONENT already KNEW that as well aware that he also just WITNESSED your UNEXPECTED and thus unwittingly REVEALED reaction to KNOWING that you were bleeding at a pretty good PACE witch NATURALLY would always be, "holy ****, will I lose this fight if I don't CHANGE its outcome immediately or pretty soon thereafter?" ,,, well when one considers that the reactions is DISCOMFORT and once that's REVEALED , well then you got your OPPONENT aware that your UNCOMFORTABLE and thus his CONFIDENCE grows and often ones opponent will back off just ever so slightly not because of a lack of confidence, to intentionally allow for a greater EXPANSE of time to be focused upon considering that the blood flowing into the dudes eye ball thereby DISTRACTING him putting him down ONE eye while staring at him to MOCK him when he by naturally goes about DENYING that he was and is CONCERNED,,, so that's a real pain in the ass,,, plus its never fun then being tagged right in the same place by your opponent and then having them make a FACE as if to say, "SORRY, NOT TRYING just to BE CHEAP, JUST HAPPENED TO WORK OUT BEST AND I TOOK THE SHOT AS WE ARE FIGHTING ARENT WE?" ,,, So I get the CHEAP aspect of hating the ELBOW, I just think hating the elbow and making it ILLEGAL is totally STUPID ,, why ? God told me so , I personally don't care that much either way, I simply am delivering Gods message or a imposter fooling me or im delusional,,,well potentially all of those could be true so lets just focus on the elbow you Scottish Sheep licker. If I can speak for God for a few lines, let me just say that fine the elbow can be a BIT CHEAP in that cutting a guy with a single well timed vicious elbow does more than ANY other LEGAL STRIKE cause's a INORDINANT portion/ratio of serious type of fight changing effects thereafter,,,my point is SO WHAT ? Ok, it would be different if one guy was using his elbows to cut open dudes like Rousey applies the arm bar,,,plus if one guy was doing that without damaging his opponents in any other area of significance except the ELBOW CUT that by majority lead to victorys from doctor stoppages, however, the percentage of fights that qualify for that simply does not warrant it in my opinion, god can **** himself for all I care,,, why don't we thus agree to disagree and you can go back to ***ually taming sheep.

No offense, if anyone takes offense to this I promise you it will be the first of a endless stream of OFFENSEs, you think I was hard on the Scotsman? Im part Scottish. I can go on for days on benders and then I will just not show up plus I wont recall anything,,,,as well I never use the same computer for more than a month so there is no effective way to track me, I am mostly paralised from fighting for a fair part of my life and thus the only thing left for me is forum fighting as a keyboard warrior,,,by the way im not rich, I simply download tons of porn without virus protection and thus always have to get a new laptop, otherwise I will spill beer on it a lot as I get real excited when I drunk type ,,, plus I punched a laptop once, only once, when my porn wouldn't download. Other than that im actually pretty responsible overall. No **** off.

Can you do that again with real paragraphs and punctuation, I got nearly a quarter way through it and nearly had a seizure.
Jim Bowen is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2013, 11:46 AM   #17
BewareofDawg
P4P Champ
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: At The ESB VIP Table!
Posts: 12,881
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Jon Jones, Stay away from Wlad Klitschko!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquamarine View Post
"MMA for sure is more of a realistic contest, more of a realistic test as far as using the body in martial arts competition. Although not considered a martial art, boxing is really a martial art. It's a very limited martial art as long as you agree to just box...but in an actual physical fight against someone who's just a wrestler, you're going to get killed. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] would get killed by an average college wrestler. There would be no competition. If you took Floyd Mayweather today and made him fight against your average college wrestler, that college wrestler is going to shoot on him, pick him up, drop him on his head and knock him out. There's nothing Floyd can do about it...A judo guy would do the same thing to him. A JuJitsu guy would strangle him, no question about it"

-Joe Rogan


Did he really say this? Where's the link?

This may be the dumbest thing I've ever read from a person that is supposed to be "knowledgable" and "respected" in the sport
BewareofDawg is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 11:50 AM   #18
BewareofDawg
P4P Champ
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: At The ESB VIP Table!
Posts: 12,881
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Jon Jones, Stay away from Wlad Klitschko!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquamarine View Post
"MMA for sure is more of a realistic contest, more of a realistic test as far as using the body in martial arts competition. Although not considered a martial art, boxing is really a martial art. It's a very limited martial art as long as you agree to just box...but in an actual physical fight against someone who's just a wrestler, you're going to get killed. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] would get killed by an average college wrestler. There would be no competition. If you took Floyd Mayweather today and made him fight against your average college wrestler, that college wrestler is going to shoot on him, pick him up, drop him on his head and knock him out. There's nothing Floyd can do about it...A judo guy would do the same thing to him. A JuJitsu guy would strangle him, no question about it"

-Joe Rogan


Tito Ortiz was LHW UFC Champ at the time. He got into a street fight with Lee Murray. Lee Murray was another Mixed Martial Arts Fighter.

Lee Murray knocked him out , in a "real fight". There was no taking anybody down, strangling, slamming anyone on their heads.

My point being, if Lee Murray could get the jump on the, then, best MMA Fighter in the world, land a shot on him and knock him out in a fight. What makes idiot Rogan think, the best boxer in the world and of our generation, couldn't get the jump on a college wrestler and knock them out? ****ing idiot.

Last edited by BewareofDawg; 09-27-2013 at 04:39 PM.
BewareofDawg is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 11:59 AM   #19
An Absolute Job
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Scotland
Posts: 259
vCash: 500
Default Re: Jon Jones, Stay away from Wlad Klitschko!

Quote:
Originally Posted by latineg View Post
the cheap elbow ? Claiming elbows are CHEAP is like claiming your opponent shouldn't use KICKs or KNEEs. **** off with the CHEAP CUTs. Blood is part of fighting **** face, if you were a real Scot you would know this "MR DONT KICK ME IN THE KNEE!!!!" I think you must of been ELBOWED as a wee laddy in school weren't you sugar pants? Didn't like THE ELBOW ? Did it hurt? It wasn't fair was it??? You weren't expecting it were you? You could of WHOOPED their asses if they just didn't use those cheap elbows witch were just not fair and hurt you.

Take your Haggis and your flock of defiled Sheep and get the **** out of this this thread.

By the way i'm totally joking ass breath, well not about the ELBOWs or the KNEE kicks as judging them CHEAP , well I see your POINT and I don't say its total garbage like I joked around above it was, I just think its a little bit garbage, focus on ELBOWs taking that individually to prevent confusion of duality jumping back and forth unwittingly preventing real points from elbows continuing forwards blocked by confusion from attempting to create perceptions for elbows as well as kicks to the knee not knowing exactly witch way we are all flowing with thought towards you freaking sheep shagging pervert, again , totally joking mate,,, , so back to JUST the ELBOWs, no doubt the MAIN gripe is the CUT FACTOR, ok FAIR POINT, why ? Because the truth is ELBOWs do account for a large portion of CUTs that significantly effect a FIGHT thereby altering its COURSE in a way whereby a otherwise GAME opponent is effected to a degree that is the DIFFERENCE in the fight. Often a bloody elbow can leave a fighter not just down ONE EYEs sight but DISTRACTED as one keeps making the mistake of TRYING to use TWO EYEs denying the reality that will only keep happening for a random split second or two until once again the subconscious will REACT faster than the conscious is aware it has REACTED via the delivery pace refered to as just below LIGHT SPEED or there abouts,,,, plus then he can get HIT far easier in the same side of the face assuming that the cut is somewhat over one of the eyes witch does and will keep happening,,, so then the CUT is effecting the OUTCOME even MORE messing all the RULEs of EQUAL CLEAR ORDER up right across the board, I get it, I really do, im a bleeder myself,,, aye laddy, its no fun when in a fight and holding well and realizing that your bleeding at a pretty good PACE and then becoming AWARE that your OPPONENT already KNEW that as well aware that he also just WITNESSED your UNEXPECTED and thus unwittingly REVEALED reaction to KNOWING that you were bleeding at a pretty good PACE witch NATURALLY would always be, "holy ****, will I lose this fight if I don't CHANGE its outcome immediately or pretty soon thereafter?" ,,, well when one considers that the reactions is DISCOMFORT and once that's REVEALED , well then you got your OPPONENT aware that your UNCOMFORTABLE and thus his CONFIDENCE grows and often ones opponent will back off just ever so slightly not because of a lack of confidence, to intentionally allow for a greater EXPANSE of time to be focused upon considering that the blood flowing into the dudes eye ball thereby DISTRACTING him putting him down ONE eye while staring at him to MOCK him when he by naturally goes about DENYING that he was and is CONCERNED,,, so that's a real pain in the ass,,, plus its never fun then being tagged right in the same place by your opponent and then having them make a FACE as if to say, "SORRY, NOT TRYING just to BE CHEAP, JUST HAPPENED TO WORK OUT BEST AND I TOOK THE SHOT AS WE ARE FIGHTING ARENT WE?" ,,, So I get the CHEAP aspect of hating the ELBOW, I just think hating the elbow and making it ILLEGAL is totally STUPID ,, why ? God told me so , I personally don't care that much either way, I simply am delivering Gods message or a imposter fooling me or im delusional,,,well potentially all of those could be true so lets just focus on the elbow you Scottish Sheep licker. If I can speak for God for a few lines, let me just say that fine the elbow can be a BIT CHEAP in that cutting a guy with a single well timed vicious elbow does more than ANY other LEGAL STRIKE cause's a INORDINANT portion/ratio of serious type of fight changing effects thereafter,,,my point is SO WHAT ? Ok, it would be different if one guy was using his elbows to cut open dudes like Rousey applies the arm bar,,,plus if one guy was doing that without damaging his opponents in any other area of significance except the ELBOW CUT that by majority lead to victorys from doctor stoppages, however, the percentage of fights that qualify for that simply does not warrant it in my opinion, god can **** himself for all I care,,, why don't we thus agree to disagree and you can go back to ***ually taming sheep.

No offense, if anyone takes offense to this I promise you it will be the first of a endless stream of OFFENSEs, you think I was hard on the Scotsman? Im part Scottish. I can go on for days on benders and then I will just not show up plus I wont recall anything,,,,as well I never use the same computer for more than a month so there is no effective way to track me, I am mostly paralised from fighting for a fair part of my life and thus the only thing left for me is forum fighting as a keyboard warrior,,,by the way im not rich, I simply download tons of porn without virus protection and thus always have to get a new laptop, otherwise I will spill beer on it a lot as I get real excited when I drunk type ,,, plus I punched a laptop once, only once, when my porn wouldn't download. Other than that im actually pretty responsible overall. No **** off.
Sheep shaggers are the Welsh and we're the skirt guys. I must say that was one hell of a power post and the wall of words was more painful to read than being locked up in the walls of Jericho

Elbows are cheap as **** and people like Kenny Florian openly admit to using them to end fights with cuts. I could teach you to throw an elbow like Jon Jones and Kenny Florian in 5 seconds but it could take you a lifetime to jab like Ali. I'd take stomps and kicks to people on the floor any day over these dirty deliberate cut causing elbows.

Cheap shit that Jon Jones does

*Elbows
*12-6 elbows (which got him disqualified)
*Deliberately keeps his fingers open to poke opponents in the eye as they come within his reach even when the referee tells him to close them.
*Kicks opponent in the knee cap which could permanently damage someones leg
*Cuts 30lbs to fight smaller men
*Signed to fight tiny Glover Texeira after being hospitalized by Alexander Gustafsson and deeming him not fit for an immediate rematch
*fights middleweights
*spinning shit
*taking advantage of the rules by placing 1 hand on the mat at the start of the round so he can try cheap takedown attempts without worrying about being kicked or knee'd
An Absolute Job is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 12:03 PM   #20
An Absolute Job
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Scotland
Posts: 259
vCash: 500
Default Re: Jon Jones, Stay away from Wlad Klitschko!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BewareofDawg View Post
Did he really say this? Where's the link?

This may be the dumbest thing I've ever read from a person that is supposed to be "knowledgable" and "respected" in the sport
He also claimed that boxing would have no new stars after oscar de la hoya retired because they would all join MMA

The funny thing is that MMA has no new stars, GSP's drawing power is wearing off, he couldn't sell the remaining 4k tickets in his home town of montreal.

MMA has been dying since Brock Lesnar left
An Absolute Job is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 02:55 PM   #21
DarthYoda
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Dagobah and Coruscant
Posts: 134
vCash: 500
Default Re: Jon Jones, Stay away from Wlad Klitschko!

Did the Murray street fight really happen?
DarthYoda is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 04:35 PM   #22
BewareofDawg
P4P Champ
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: At The ESB VIP Table!
Posts: 12,881
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Jon Jones, Stay away from Wlad Klitschko!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthYoda View Post
Did the Murray street fight really happen?
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
BewareofDawg is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 04:36 PM   #23
BewareofDawg
P4P Champ
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: At The ESB VIP Table!
Posts: 12,881
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Jon Jones, Stay away from Wlad Klitschko!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthYoda View Post
Did the Murray street fight really happen?
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
BewareofDawg is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 05:50 PM   #24
On The Money
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Scotland
Posts: 2,285
vCash: 500
Default Re: Jon Jones, Stay away from Wlad Klitschko!

From what I saw of his poor stand up boxing vs Gustaffson I couldn't see Jones lasting one round in the ring with WK.
On The Money is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 08:25 PM   #25
Vanboxingfan
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,244
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Jon Jones, Stay away from Wlad Klitschko!

Why anyone in their right mind would think that an MMA fighters could beat an elite boxer in boxing of all things, is a mystery to me. I remember about 6-7 years ago I got into an argument with my brother about this. He claimed Chuck Liddell would beat a prime Roy Jones in a boxing match. It's absurd. Liddell would be lucky to even touch Jones before he went to sleep.

But I use to wrestle in university and there's some truth to what Rogan says. If a wrestler can ever shoot on a boxer and get even one leg, the fight is close to being over, because no decent wrestler would ever let that guy stand up again.
Vanboxingfan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 02:57 PM   #26
BewareofDawg
P4P Champ
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: At The ESB VIP Table!
Posts: 12,881
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Jon Jones, Stay away from Wlad Klitschko!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanboxingfan View Post
Why anyone in their right mind would think that an MMA fighters could beat an elite boxer in boxing of all things, is a mystery to me. I remember about 6-7 years ago I got into an argument with my brother about this. He claimed Chuck Liddell would beat a prime Roy Jones in a boxing match. It's absurd. Liddell would be lucky to even touch Jones before he went to sleep.

But I use to wrestle in university and there's some truth to what Rogan says. If a wrestler can ever shoot on a boxer and get even one leg, the fight is close to being over, because no decent wrestler would ever let that guy stand up again.
Yeah, if the fight took place on a wrestling mat, or a carpet. But the mythical match-up Rogan is speaking of is going to take place in a bar, or on a street. When that wrestler takes the boxer/kickboxer down, the guy on the bottom can elbow, punch, choke, pull hair, eye gouge, etc. If that wrestler has any intention of actually inflicting damage, and not just holding him down, he's going to have to create space to punch, then his top control is going to suffer and the guy on the bottom is going to have a chance go kick him off or push off and get up.

All I'm saying, in a street fight, nothing is as black and white as Rogan made it out to be in that statement.
BewareofDawg is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:41 PM   #27
Vanboxingfan
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,244
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Jon Jones, Stay away from Wlad Klitschko!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BewareofDawg View Post
Yeah, if the fight took place on a wrestling mat, or a carpet. But the mythical match-up Rogan is speaking of is going to take place in a bar, or on a street. When that wrestler takes the boxer/kickboxer down, the guy on the bottom can elbow, punch, choke, pull hair, eye gouge, etc. If that wrestler has any intention of actually inflicting damage, and not just holding him down, he's going to have to create space to punch, then his top control is going to suffer and the guy on the bottom is going to have a chance go kick him off or push off and get up.

All I'm saying, in a street fight, nothing is as black and white as Rogan made it out to be in that statement.
Fair enough, a guy in a bar may not even be able to shoot on someone if he's wearing the wrong pair of pants. That said, I think a street brawl is much different than either.
Vanboxingfan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:52 PM   #28
Muchmoore
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Jon Jones, Stay away from Wlad Klitschko!

Yeah street fights are a lot more about mentality than anything else. If you get a good shot in on someone before they know what's happening they're ****ed more often than not.

As a lifelong wrestler and alcoholic though having wrestling is a nice tool to have in your backpocket for the street. I've done and seem some wicked slams on pavement, and people really overestimate how effective eye gouges, etc. are from bottom. basically all the cheap shit you can do from bottom you can do from top but you have a way better vantage point.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:54 PM   #29
IndicaGold
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 96
vCash: 500
Default Re: Jon Jones, Stay away from Wlad Klitschko!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beouche View Post
Big difference is Jones continually fights the best

If Poosimir was forced to fight beasts all the time, his record would be laughable
Jones has fought Tony Thompson, Povetkin, Haye, Wilder, Fury, Adamek, Vittles, and even Stivernne, Grant, and Nipples? Ohhhhhh....you mean in mma and The UFC. That has ZERO relevance to the topic.
IndicaGold is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 05:40 PM   #30
BewareofDawg
P4P Champ
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: At The ESB VIP Table!
Posts: 12,881
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Jon Jones, Stay away from Wlad Klitschko!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muchmoore View Post
Yeah street fights are a lot more about mentality than anything else. If you get a good shot in on someone before they know what's happening they're ****ed more often than not.

As a lifelong wrestler and alcoholic though having wrestling is a nice tool to have in your backpocket for the street. I've done and seem some wicked slams on pavement, and people really overestimate how effective eye gouges, etc. are from bottom. basically all the cheap shit you can do from bottom you can do from top but you have a way better vantage point.
Good post, definitely agree. I've always thought to avoid anyone with cauliflower ears because of that

And you're right about the mentality thing.
BewareofDawg is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013