Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 10-02-2013, 05:19 PM   #571
The Mongoose
THROW SOME THUNDAAAH!!!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 258
Default Re: Lennox Lewis vs Mike Tyson, prime for prime, who wins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by madballster View Post
Prime or not prime, the fight always goes the same. Tyson was lacking the necessary ring intelligence to deal with a guy like Lewis. Tyson would get hugged for two rounds and then picked off with big shots from the outside.

Prime just like shot Tyson has absolutely nothing to offer to nullify Lewis' hug & tire strategy.

That's how I see it as well, Tyson would come out with alot of fire and movement but Lewis would just blanket him everytime. Once Tyson slows, Lewis would start picking at him with the jab and measuring him for bombs.

I would be rooting for Mike, but I don't see him pulling this one off.
The Mongoose is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2013, 06:15 PM   #572
sauhund II
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mongoose View Post
That's how I see it as well, Tyson would come out with alot of fire and movement but Lewis would just blanket him everytime. Once Tyson slows, Lewis would start picking at him with the jab and measuring him for bombs.

I would be rooting for Mike, but I don't see him pulling this one off.
LOL, and Tyson never lands in those scenerios..... ever, but borderline journeyman Rahman, Tysons heavybag McCracken put him to sleep, Octupuss Akinwande made him touch the canvas, HBO fraud Grant and Roid Briggs had him wobbled.......speaking about wobbled, lol, in Rahman II he was staggered by a jab......

He fought scared against the One Trick pony......walzed t e n t y f o u r boring rounds with a severly diminshed Oldyfield but now against Tyson he is measuring with big bombs, how the **** did he not "measure" those guys or the rest of his mostly boring fights, Phil Jackson, yeah, a artificial yourneyman and still did not go for the kill until later.

Fact : Lewis will never be agressive against ANYBODY with a pulse and no , that bum Golata or cannonfodder White Buffalo dont count, lol, a washed up stoned Tyson finished the polish mental midget similar to Lemmie................

He is the ONLY HWT champ who was cold ****ed not ONCE but TWICE by absolute ham and eggers, Fact not fiction, that is the undeniable truth no matter how the Lewis worshippers are trying to spin it.

If that fight would happen today, both fighters in their best shape, body and mind with no out side distraction, Michael Gerard Tyson will either decision Lewis be cause Lemmie is too gunshy a la Tucker or Bonehugger or gets laid out if he comes out guns blazing a la Ruddock or Golata, I would put money on it.
sauhund II is offline  Top
Old 10-02-2013, 11:27 PM   #573
KidDynamite
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Tyson would finish this rasta headed faggot
KidDynamite is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2013, 11:56 AM   #574
The Mongoose
THROW SOME THUNDAAAH!!!!
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sauhund II View Post
LOL, and Tyson never lands in those scenerios..... ever, but borderline journeyman Rahman, Tysons heavybag McCracken put him to sleep, Octupuss Akinwande made him touch the canvas, HBO fraud Grant and Roid Briggs had him wobbled.......speaking about wobbled, lol, in Rahman II he was staggered by a jab......

He fought scared against the One Trick pony......walzed t e n t y f o u r boring rounds with a severly diminshed Oldyfield but now against Tyson he is measuring with big bombs, how the **** did he not "measure" those guys or the rest of his mostly boring fights, Phil Jackson, yeah, a artificial yourneyman and still did not go for the kill until later.

Fact : Lewis will never be agressive against ANYBODY with a pulse and no , that bum Golata or cannonfodder White Buffalo dont count, lol, a washed up stoned Tyson finished the polish mental midget similar to Lemmie................

He is the ONLY HWT champ who was cold ****ed not ONCE but TWICE by absolute ham and eggers, Fact not fiction, that is the undeniable truth no matter how the Lewis worshippers are trying to spin it.

If that fight would happen today, both fighters in their best shape, body and mind with no out side distraction, Michael Gerard Tyson will either decision Lewis be cause Lemmie is too gunshy a la Tucker or Bonehugger or gets laid out if he comes out guns blazing a la Ruddock or Golata, I would put money on it.
???
Old 10-03-2013, 01:59 PM   #575
Vanboxingfan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidDynamite View Post
Nice to see that racism and homophobia is alive and well here on ESB. Hell that comment would even make Archie Bunker proud of you.
Vanboxingfan is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2013, 02:03 PM   #576
Vanboxingfan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

This is the problem I have with those with limited analytical skills.

Do you really think fights play out the same over and over again? If they did, wouldn't the second Rahman fight mirror the first?

This is like reading the ramblings of a child.
Vanboxingfan is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2013, 06:18 PM   #577
hookfromhell
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 427

Bottom line, you have to sustain an epic beating to KO Tyson,
or spoil your way to a decision. I believe the biggest part of this
fight is the mental aspect, however the advantage goes to Tyson!
Lewis would be intimidated against 80s Mike.
hookfromhell is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2013, 08:19 AM   #578
The Mongoose
THROW SOME THUNDAAAH!!!!
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookfromhell View Post
I'm not sure of that.

Douglas and Holyfield didn't take that much punishment, and were successful in neutralizing Tyson by timing his offense and wrestling him on the inside before he can rip combinations off.

Sustaining epic punishment from Tyson would likely get you finished early. Catching him coming in and limiting him to one punch has proven managable.
Old 10-04-2013, 08:23 AM   #579
bonzo7580
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

prime tyson crushes him as sure as night follows day .
bonzo7580 is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2013, 08:47 AM   #580
Azzer85
ATG
East Side Guru

If Lewis holds Tysons number
then so does Danny Williams, he beat him a year later
Azzer85 is online now  Top
Old 10-04-2013, 05:06 PM   #581
ETM
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidDynamite View Post
I would love to agree with you but then we would both be wrong.
ETM is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2013, 05:11 PM   #582
ETM
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

He fought scared against the One Trick pony......walzed t e n t y f o u r boring rounds with a severly diminshed Oldyfield but now against Tyson he is measuring with big bombs.
Severely diminished

Fact
Tyson got his ass kicked by that same Holyfield. Not an opinion it happened. Insert excuse {here} How many times did Tyson have Evander down?

Your lack of a gag reflex when it comes to Mike Tyson is quite impressive.
ETM is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2013, 09:17 PM   #583
hookfromhell
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 427

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mongoose View Post
I'm not sure of that.

Douglas and Holyfield didn't take that much punishment, and were successful in neutralizing Tyson by timing his offense and wrestling him on the inside before he can rip combinations off.

Sustaining epic punishment from Tyson would likely get you finished early. Catching him coming in and limiting him to one punch has proven managable.
Yeah sorry i mispoke, you have to inflict an epic amount of damage on Tyson to KO him.
hookfromhell is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2013, 09:48 PM   #584
lepinthehood
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookfromhell View Post
or spoil your way to a decision. I believe the biggest part of this
fight is the mental aspect, however the advantage goes to Tyson!
Lewis would be intimidated against 80s Mike.
i dont know about intimidated, i mean lewis in his prime about 97-00 was koing all sorts of dangerous punchers, alot naturally bigger men than tyson not as talented but certianly very dangerous. good fight imo. lewis ko's mike in the 10th that lewis shaky thing is bollocks.
lepinthehood is offline  Top
Old 10-04-2013, 10:32 PM   #585
Zakman
ESB's Chinchecker
East Side VIP

vCash: 588

Tyson knocks him out cold. If second raters like McCall and Rahman could crack Lewis's questionable chin, an ATG puncher like Tyson would annihilate him.
Zakman is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum