Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 10-04-2013, 11:44 PM   #586
Stallion
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 712
Default Re: Lennox Lewis vs Mike Tyson, prime for prime, who wins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakman View Post
Tyson knocks him out cold. If second raters like McCall and Rahman could crack Lewis's questionable chin, an ATG puncher like Tyson would annihilate him.
Using the same logic, if a third rate fighter like Douglas schooled and KOed Tyson, an ATG boxer like Lewis would annihilate him.

Even Tyson himself said there's no way he could ever beat Lewis, what else do you need? Keep dreaming.
Stallion is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2013, 06:15 PM   #587
Azzer85
ATG
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stallion View Post
Using the same logic, if a third rate fighter like Douglas schooled and KOed Tyson, an ATG boxer like Lewis would annihilate him.

Even Tyson himself said there's no way he could ever beat Lewis, what else do you need? Keep dreaming.
Tyson never said anything of the like, stop making stuff up or taking it out of context
Azzer85 is online now  Top
Old 10-07-2013, 03:37 AM   #588
sauhund II
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETM View Post
Severely diminished

Fact
Tyson got his ass kicked by that same Holyfield. Not an opinion it happened. Insert excuse {here} How many times did Tyson have Evander down?

Your lack of a gag reflex when it comes to Mike Tyson is quite impressive.
Sonny,,

Why don't you put your hero Lemmie in the can for 3 years and after a handful rounds against second handers match him with Holyfield...........
sauhund II is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2013, 03:40 AM   #589
sauhund II
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanboxingfan View Post
This is the problem I have with those with limited analytical skills.

Do you really think fights play out the same over and over again? If they did, wouldn't the second Rahman fight mirror the first?

This is like reading the ramblings of a child.
Coming from the biggest Lewis apologist .............at least I was ringside for a couple of his fights, it is safe to say I have a little more insight than your armchair history re writing.
sauhund II is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2013, 12:27 PM   #590
Vanboxingfan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sauhund II View Post
Coming from the biggest Lewis apologist .............at least I was ringside for a couple of his fights, it is safe to say I have a little more insight than your armchair history re writing.
How am I a Lewis apologist. I don't even dispute that the McCall stoppage was good, never mind the fiasco in South Africa.

But your analytical skills which is what I was referring to, suck big time, and that's what I do for a living.

You still never answered the question. If every fight can be used to justify the outcome of any other particular fight, than why didn't the rematches of Rahman and McCall unfold the same way in the second fight as they did in the first?

Quite your bullshitting about how many fights you've seen and answer the question, cause you've used that to base your entire argument on why Tyson would win.

Not the second fights mind you cause that would require thought, not their careers cause hell that would really be work, no, just those two fights and those two fights alone in your mind justify a particular outcome. If you've seen so many fights I would think the least you can to is take both fighters on their best night and use that as a basis of your analyse to determine a particular outcome, or is that asking too much.
Vanboxingfan is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2013, 09:36 PM   #591
beast boxer
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2735

same outcome lewis would win probable by knockout
beast boxer is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2013, 08:48 AM   #592
SpikeJab
Journeyman

Lewis
SpikeJab is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2013, 07:00 PM   #593
hookfromhell
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 427

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max_Power View Post
Azzer85...

Tyson in fact DID say something along those lines! He said he doesn't think he could ever beat somebody who hits like that!
I believe Tyson said that after their actual fight, and
Lewis said something to the effect of "When you were
young you were the best nobody could beat you"
Tyson was being humble, he just got KOed and took
a lot of huge shots that not many heavies could have taken.
Thats why prime for prime its a win for Tyson. Lewis isnt
a slickster technician, hes not gonna pull a Douglass. And
prime Tyson was too elusive, and too tough to KO.
hookfromhell is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2013, 05:19 AM   #594
Sangria
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookfromhell View Post
I believe Tyson said that after their actual fight, and
Lewis said something to the effect of "When you were
young you were the best nobody could beat you"
Tyson was being humble, he just got KOed and took
a lot of huge shots that not many heavies could have taken.
Thats why prime for prime its a win for Tyson. Lewis isnt
a slickster technician, hes not gonna pull a Douglass. And
prime Tyson was too elusive, and too tough to KO.
Tyson also said he could never beat Holmes at his best, which most would disagree with. George Foreman said some odd shit too. You just can't take a fighter's word.
Sangria is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2013, 01:56 PM   #595
hookfromhell
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 427

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangria View Post
Tyson also said he could never beat Holmes at his best, which most would disagree with. George Foreman said some odd shit too. You just can't take a fighter's word.
Yes some of the greats surely do say some odd things!
In Foreman's case I believe his most reliable quote may
be "Don't get married till your at least 30"
hookfromhell is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2013, 02:47 AM   #596
Sangria
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookfromhell View Post
Yes some of the greats surely do say some odd things!
In Foreman's case I believe his most reliable quote may
be "Don't get married till your at least 30"
He said that? Smartest thing he's ever said.

Did you get Tyson's Undisputed Truth yet? Wonder what he says about Foreman in there. Or anything about his time in the clink. My copy should be here Monday.

I still got Tyson KO 6 Lewis.
Sangria is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2013, 06:50 AM   #597
Foxy 01
Belt holder
ESB Addict

The post above is correct. Lewis did start battering Tyson around when they sparred to the point of D'Amato having him thrown out of the gym. He didn't want his protege's fragile ego totally shattered.

Then there is all the bollox spoken ( spoken by Tyson nut huggers ) about why Tyson paid step aside money to take Holyfield instead.

The undeniable fact is that King wanted OPTIONS on Lewis, and Lennox was never going to deal with a moronic piece of shit like King.

Lewis by total humiliation, before destruction. Tyson is not fit to carry Lewis's size 14 boots.
Foxy 01 is offline  Top
Old 11-18-2013, 08:46 PM   #598
ETM
Belt holder
ESB Addict

$ has got to be on Lewis. Giving Tyson a live puncher`s chance. When Lennox was prepared and focused he took a good punch.

Lewis by decision or maybe TKO.
ETM is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2013, 08:48 AM   #599
Azzer85
ATG
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy 01 View Post
The post above is correct. Lewis did start battering Tyson around when they sparred to the point of D'Amato having him thrown out of the gym. He didn't want his protege's fragile ego totally shattered.
This story (like you) is full of so much shit

Lennox, on the HBO documentary admitted himself, he was scared of Tyson, he didnt want to fight him because he was 'an animal'. (Lewis own words.)

Lewis fought like a big old scaredy cat against a Tyson who was already one foot into retirement in 2002, but somehow he toyed with a much younger hungrier version of Tyson under the tutelage of Cus Damato? Im having hard time believing that.

If Lewis really manhandled the younger Tyson, like some of the nuthuggers on here state, then why did he not blow him away when they eventually did fight? Instead he fought like he was scared and Manny Steward had to scream at him to 'Get this mothercucker out of here' hardly sounds like a confident fighter to me.

Compare that to Holyfield. Tyson and Holyfield sparred one round in 1984, look at Holyfields attitude and confidence before and during the fight, he handled a much better version of Tyson than Lewis. He sparred Tyson, he knew what Tyson was about and he took it to Tyson. Lewis just threw a few jabs, leaned and pushed him down and that was that.

As for the Tyson Ducked Lewis bullshit you came out with, what the **** was Tyson supposed to do? fight Lewis for peanuts or fight Holyfield for $30m+. Tyson got 50m+ for the 2 Holyfield fights. He would have got **** all for fighting Lewis, a guy who was just coming off a dodgy decision against Mike Tyson wannabe Ray Mercer and a humiliating KO defeat to former Tyson sparring partner Oliver Mcall.

Tyson didnt pay Lewis step aside money, he paid him money for losses of income due to not giving him his title shot.

Theres a reason why Holyfield Tyson was called 'Finally' because people wanted this fight. It was the Pacqiao/Mayweather of its time.

Last edited by Azzer85; 11-19-2013 at 09:04 AM.
Azzer85 is online now  Top
Old 11-19-2013, 09:01 AM   #600
dmt
Hardest hitting hw ever
ESB Senior Member

Lennox fans are hilarious. They can't even admit that a young Tyson would atleast have been competitive with Lewis. How can any sane person claim that the 88 version of Tyson would lose in such a one sided manner?

I can understand someone who thinks Lewis would have won that fight. But by no means would it be on sided. Tyson would do a much better job at slipping past Lewis's jab and would have landed far more shots than he actually did

As for the Ruddock vs Tyson and Lewis vs Ruddock, please keep in mind that Lennox struggled vs Ray Mercer and an old man Larry Holmes beat Mercer. Does that mean a prime Holmes would destroy Lennox? No

As for what Tyson said, fighters can sometimes say things that they don't really mean. Ali and Tyson were on the Arsenio Hall show in the late 80's and when Ali was asked whether or not he would have beaten Tyson in his prime, Ali said Mike would have knocked him out. Does that mean that would have necessarily happened? NO

Anyway i pick Tyson to beat Lewis, with both men at their very best. I say its 60/40 for tyson. The young Tyson IMO would land som deadly combinations on Lewis and finish him. Tyson TKO 6, but i would not count Lewis out.
dmt is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum