Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 09-15-2013, 01:51 PM   #4666
Garrus
Big Boss 1935-2014
ESB Addict

Location: A Hero Forever Loyal To The Flames Of War, Rests in Outer Heaven
vCash: 157
Default Re: Post Your Pic/Talk About Anything Thread

Goddamn you're right. I don't wanna agree but **** if he hasn't been impressive in every fight he's been in. Still, his best wins come have against Chavez, Castillo, Corrales, Hatton and DLH.

Now he's got the Canelo scalp to add but it still doesn't make me go wow (opponent wise). Top 40 is the best he can do I think (most likely he's not going to fight GGG/Martinez so we can forget about them).

PS3 Shoulder Roll>>>360 face first tactics.

BTW what did you think about the Matthysse-Garcia fight?

SO many ****ing lowblows/headbutts from Danny boy.
Garrus is online now  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2013, 02:03 PM   #4667
the cobra
Awesomeizationism!
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Yeah, quite a few low blows and a nasty one late. Holding too, but that one's part of the game guess. I was rooting for Matthysse, but Garcia's a damn good fighter. Pretty smart, pretty quick, good combinations, and a hell of a chin. The shot that sent his mouthpiece flying should have at least wobbled him for a second.

That ending was wild, too. They even smiled at each other in the middle of it.

I'll be getting the PS4 some time after the new consoles hit.
the cobra is offline  Top
Old 09-15-2013, 04:28 PM   #4668
frankenfrank
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 3600

Mayweather iz e fraud , jast laik RJJ end Ray Leonard during deir taim .
Canelo not det gud 2 begin wiz , end woz sevirli dreind @ dis fait , no rizen 2 sink det n energetic end far better Pacquiao wud not hev feird beter
frankenfrank is offline  Top
Old 10-13-2013, 12:19 AM   #4669
Garrus
Big Boss 1935-2014
ESB Addict

"6 robberies"

Really Juan?

****ing hell, he's playing the Pac card again.
Old 10-14-2013, 07:28 AM   #4670
Garrus
Big Boss 1935-2014
ESB Addict

The Last Of Us is pretty good.
Old 11-09-2013, 08:04 AM   #4671
reginasulliva

vCash: 500

some interesting stuff. Lovin' it.!!

Last edited by reginasulliva; 11-11-2013 at 01:20 AM.
reginasulliva is offline  Top
Old 03-18-2014, 04:09 PM   #4672
salsanchezfan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Favorite/Least Favorite Types of Threads?

Many of you have been here for years now, reading endless threads about a surprisingly small number of topics. I often wonder what subjects you like reading about, and in what form do you like them presented (eg., polls, questions, reminiscing threads, etc).........

I prefer topics about my favorite boxing decade, the 80's. I especially seem to gravitate toward the "Let's discuss Marvin Hagler" or whomever. It leaves it relatively open-ended for lots of different discussion possibilities and I never fail to learn something.

You?
salsanchezfan is offline  Top
Old 03-18-2014, 04:36 PM   #4673
salsanchezfan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: Favorite/Least Favorite Types of Threads?

The irony of this is just spectacular.
Old 03-18-2014, 04:50 PM   #4674
Shake
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

That was funny.
Shake is offline  Top
Old 03-18-2014, 04:58 PM   #4675
salsanchezfan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Many thanks.
Old 03-18-2014, 05:01 PM   #4676
mr. magoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

My least favorite? - Threads suggesting conspiracies, usually designed to satisfy the author that his favorite fighter lost for a reason that goes beyond his conqueror just being better. Also threads that ask people if they felt that " this guy was afraid of that guy or did wearing red trunks that night psyche the other guy out." Or do you feel that so and so was really a nice person? And of course the trolling threads stirring up hate.

My Favorite? - Threads that talk about rarely discussed fighters around here, ie, henry armstrong, Sandy Sadler, Bob Pastor, Jose Napoles, etc.. Also threads about the 70's, 80's, and 90's, which are my favorite eras, though in fairness we do get a lot of them.
mr. magoo is online now  Top
Old 03-18-2014, 05:01 PM   #4677
boxershorts99
Integrity Enforcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by salsanchezfan View Post
Many of you have been here for years now, reading endless threads about a surprisingly small number of topics. I often wonder what subjects you like reading about, and in what form do you like them presented (eg., polls, questions, reminiscing threads, etc).........

I prefer topics about my favorite boxing decade, the 80's. I especially seem to gravitate toward the "Let's discuss Marvin Hagler" or whomever. It leaves it relatively open-ended for lots of different discussion possibilities and I never fail to learn something.

You?
I would actually like to start a true poster vs troll boxing tourney . I would truly love to make it happen for real like a local radio station has " Fight Night " where listeners can go and actually box each other in a controlled environment .Of course waivers need to be signed to not hold the radio station liable and it's a "enter at your own risk" type policy . Like I said , this is a controlled environment , licensed Professional Refs , judges , cornerman to wrap and gloves of same weight and brand (You have to have your own mouthpiece of course) . 3 rds 2-3min long etc.

This of course is easy for the radio station's local listeners to attend bc it's a local event. This website however reaches way beyond any local level so making it happen would be impossible . I see some people on here probably are older and cannot compete and are here for the actual spirit of the website, love for the sport of boxing and like to share knowledge and opinions and I wouldn't expect them to compete. It would be great for them to able to watch of course. Then there are those who would be itching to compete and would savor the opportunity of facing trolls face to face and beating the chocolate out of them .

I could see so many Trolls hiding behind their keyboards and staying home though or I could see them hiring someone to showup as them . Either way they can send whomever they would like to represent them and I assure there will be PLENTY of takers .

Last edited by boxershorts99; 03-18-2014 at 05:39 PM.
boxershorts99 is offline  Top
Old 03-18-2014, 05:05 PM   #4678
boxershorts99
Integrity Enforcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. magoo View Post
My least favorite? - Threads suggesting conspiracies, usually designed to satisfy the author that his favorite fighter lost for a reason that goes beyond his conqueror just being better. Also threads that ask people if they felt that " this guy was afraid of that guy or did wearing red trunks that night psyche the other guy out." Or do you feel that so and so was really a nice person? And of course the trolling threads stirring up hate.

My Favorite? - Threads that talk about rarely discussed fighters around here, ie, henry armstrong, Sandy Sadler, Bob Pastor, Jose Napoles, etc.. Also threads about the 70's, 80's, and 90's, which are my favorite eras, though in fairness we do get a lot of them.
And here we have an example of a "True Poster"
boxershorts99 is offline  Top
Old 03-18-2014, 05:09 PM   #4679
Boxed Ears
Irony Himmler
East Side VIP

vCash: 26665

Pretty much anything centering around overratedness and hype-jobbyness(possibly not words). If it' one opinion I've come to, reading these threads, it's that without the matter of relation to each other, most fighters, even ones I think are overrated compared to other name fighters, are massively underrated. Just being a B-caliber fighter of your era is drastically underrated.

Not a day goes by I don't see a hype-job/overrated thread or one where some big name is referred to as an "average" fighter, completely misunderstanding what the word "average" means. I hate most any non-ironic overratedcentric thread. Hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate. Which is why if you see me agree with it, mostly likely assume I'm being sarcastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salsanchezfan View Post
The irony of this is just spectacular.
You're a good man, Sal.

If that is your real name...
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Old 03-18-2014, 05:59 PM   #4680
Jobo1878

Im not the most knowledgeable boxing fan as you can see from my posts, I tend to just lurk around the classic forum.

I love all the threads where knowledgeable posters get together and discuss ATGS. I could spend all day reading threads like that.

Threads I dislike is when a boxer losers or is knocked down and all of a sudden theres 15/20 threads going on about how shot or chinny they are.

Also any thread that turdburgler and Foxy 01 participate seem to just end up in a slanging match.
Jobo1878 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum