Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 11-14-2013, 05:00 AM   #16
KelandBeave
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: Dan wasn't out! Bad stoppage!

Hendo was on the right end when maybe Fedor could've been given another couple of seconds. This time he was in a similar situation. You win some you lose some
KelandBeave is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2013, 06:01 AM   #17
EL BULLY
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

This was by no means a bad stoppage. Could have possibly continued but also could have possibly got hurt. I'd love Hendo to have sparked Vitor out but he got dropped twice in a minute and the second KD was by a full kick to the face. No other option but to stop it.
EL BULLY is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2013, 01:10 PM   #18
Vanboxingfan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delroc View Post
you can't just assume that to be a fact though. what about kongo barry? or hendo shogun round 3? both times if the fight was stopped no one would have ever complained but they weren't...and look how they turned out. I'm sure there are more examples but those 2 come to mind right away. Lets not forget we're talking about one of the best chins EVER, and even while falling to the head kick he was never unconscious. Hurt sure, but he was still there enough to look at the ref less than 2 seconds later and give him the "why stop it?" look while throwing his hands up.

Dan had one more scramble to the feet left in him, he had vitors leg all tied up and from the position of the stoppage vitor probably couldnt generate enough power for a KO punch anyway. Its a moot point anyway, whats done is done but i was on sherdog and read mad people saying his eyes were closed and he was limp which is just bullshit.
I don't have to assume anything other than that he was hurt and could have been permanently hurt if thing didn't play out the way you thought it might.

Best Chin EVER has nothing to do with brain damage.

Ali had a chin that was so good it allowed him to suffer permanent brain damage, but is that worth the price of a win?

All things considered, yes it's entertainment and you don't want to see fights stopped too early, but I've been watching boxing/mma for over 40 years and if I have to choose who to error on, it would be the to error on the safety of the fighters, vs the entertainment of the fans.
Vanboxingfan is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2013, 05:33 AM   #19
MannySteward
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 806

I thought Henderson should have been given the chance to continue.
MannySteward is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2013, 11:48 PM   #20
Mamerto
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 302

Good stoppage. Just get over it. People just don't learn after Magomed, Frankie Leal and so many others? ****ing retards.
Mamerto is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum