Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-05-2013, 09:22 PM   #541
David HEY!!!
!!!!LOOK AT ME!!!!
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 112
Default Re: The Transnational Boxing Rankings:Ruslan Provodnikov #2 @140; Carl Frampton #4 @1

Quote:
Originally Posted by treeve View Post
i don't feel he should be ranked above Stiverne in the least he hasn't got the power and based upon similar opponents he has been out performed by Bermane as well.
I don't think bermane is getting his just dues maybe when he finally he gets the opportunity to fight for the belt we will see him go all out and win the WBC Heavyweight Championship of the World.
So breaking one's nose elevates your status?

Just a wild guess here but i do believe Adamek has beat more ranked and notable fighters than Stiverne. Fact is Arreola is the ONLY name Stiverne has beat.

If TBR went by your logic Adamek should be above Pulev since there common opponent is Walker and Adamek took him out in 5 while Pulev went the distance.
David HEY!!! is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2013, 06:52 PM   #542
Super Hans
No clover in the foam
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: The Transnational Boxing Rankings:Ruslan Provodnikov #2 @140; Carl Frampton #4 @1

Why is Takayama #1 at Strawweight when he's 2-3 with 1 no contest in his last 6 fights? And the guy who beat him right before he beat Rico Ramos like champion Rodriguez, isn't even ranked.

But the biggest problem with the Strawweight rankings: No Ali Raymi.
Super Hans is offline  Top
Old 11-07-2013, 11:21 AM   #543
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Rodriguez was the #1 when Takayama beat him in March; it's a good old fashioned usurping. It's arguable, but he's not outside any top 5 ranking i've seen and is #1 or #2 on all the decent independent ones. I think it's reasonable.

If you're talking about Handig, he isn't really a minimumweight I don't think. I count two wins at minimum?

...I actually saw Raymi recently in a top 15, might have been Fightnews, so you may not be kidding.
McGrain is offline  Top
Old 11-07-2013, 10:50 PM   #544
Super Hans
No clover in the foam
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGrain View Post
Rodriguez was the #1 when Takayama beat him in March; it's a good old fashioned usurping. It's arguable, but he's not outside any top 5 ranking i've seen and is #1 or #2 on all the decent independent ones. I think it's reasonable.

If you're talking about Handig, he isn't really a minimumweight I don't think. I count two wins at minimum?

...I actually saw Raymi recently in a top 15, might have been Fightnews, so you may not be kidding.

Boxrec have him number 11 now!

I think a lot of these ranking boards, particularly at the lower weight classes where viewing fights is not as readily available just look on boxrec when there is a vacancy to fill to see who's rated high and has a decent record and throw them in. So Raymi will probably be showing up in top 10's soon as well.

Regarding who I'd rate number 1 at Strawweight, I think it should be Hekkie Budler.

Sure Joyi was everyone's #1, then lost to Rodriguez, who then lost to Takayama.

However there are other factors at play here:

1. Joyi beat Takayama convincingly 18 months ago.

2. Rodriguez upset Joyi, however Joyi was winning every round until the point when he started suffering from heat exhaustion in the outdoor weather because of the high temperatures and got knocked out. Rodriguez had a fairly poor record and it was really a Rico Ramos reign.

3. Between the Joyi and Rodriguez fights, Takayama did indeed lose to Handig. For that reason I don't think the win over Rodriguez was enough to rate Takayama #1. I would've dropped both below Joyi. And Budler has beat Joyi and is undefeated at the weight, thus he should be #1
Old 11-08-2013, 11:16 AM   #545
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

Yeah, I think that's a very reasonable argument; I think it's an example of a case whereby if you were a member things might even have been a tiny bit different (although perhaps not).

On a personal note, I'm happier with Taka at #1 than #5, I'll say that much and no more
McGrain is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2013, 09:07 PM   #546
eltirado
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
Boxrec have him number 11 now!
#11 Boxrec
#12 WBO
#15 WBC

Maybe the IBO dropped Ali Raymi because of his rude comments about Budler and the IBO, now calling them International Bum Organization
eltirado is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2013, 10:57 AM   #547
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

McGrain is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2013, 09:51 AM   #548
Super Hans
No clover in the foam
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltirado View Post
#11 Boxrec
#12 WBO
#15 WBC

Maybe the IBO dropped Ali Raymi because of his rude comments about Budler and the IBO, now calling them International Bum Organization

Just read his twitter. He's a legend!!!!
Old 11-13-2013, 08:05 AM   #549
Stonehands89
Champion
East Side Guru

The Transnational Boxing Rankings Board salutes the passing of Joe Rein (AKA "John Garfield" on ESB) on the home page this week.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Stonehands89 is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2013, 10:54 AM   #550
cuchulain
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonehands89 View Post
The Transnational Boxing Rankings Board salutes the passing of Joe Rein (AKA "John Garfield" on ESB) on the home page this week.

His departure is huge loss to this forum.

A very fitting and touching tribute, Stonehands.

cuchulain is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2013, 11:29 AM   #551
bladerunner
El Intocable
East Side VIP

vCash: 0
Default Re: The Transnational Boxing Rankings

El Nica should be the undisputed champion at flyweight.

Thats all.
bladerunner is offline  Top
Old 12-12-2013, 05:20 PM   #552
Stonehands89
Champion
East Side Guru

Updates in six divisions this past week --Super middleweight, middleweight, Jr. middle, welter, light, and feather.

Dirrell enters. Sturm rises. Lara is #1 at Jr. middle, overtaking Canelo. Kirkland returns, Porter enter like a storm, Chris John falls down a few rungs and Vetyeka takes the #1 spot at feather.

I don't agree with every move, but they look pretty damn sensible.

See more at: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Old 12-12-2013, 05:26 PM   #553
Rumsfeld
East Side VIP

vCash: 930

Froch ahead of Rigondeaux on the P4P charts, eh?
Rumsfeld is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2013, 09:36 PM   #554
Stonehands89
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumsfeld View Post
Froch ahead of Rigondeaux on the P4P charts, eh?
No problem here with that, despite the fact that Froch was having real problems with Groves and I think Froch was en route to losing before the bad stoppage. Rigondeaux beat Donaire and that's impressive, but he's had 13 measly fights while Froch beat a troop of super middles. I happen to think that Rigondeaux is the better boxer by a long way, but our P4P List leans toward who has done more as opposed to who looks better or who can beat who if they were all the same size (which I find to silly to bother thinking about).
Old 12-13-2013, 11:03 PM   #555
Rumsfeld
East Side VIP

vCash: 930

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonehands89 View Post
No problem here with that, despite the fact that Froch was having real problems with Groves and I think Froch was en route to losing before the bad stoppage. Rigondeaux beat Donaire and that's impressive, but he's had 13 measly fights while Froch beat a troop of super middles. I happen to think that Rigondeaux is the better boxer by a long way, but our P4P List leans toward who has done more as opposed to who looks better or who can beat who if they were all the same size (which I find to silly to bother thinking about).
Fair enough. Personally I've always though those who elevated Froch to Top 10 P4P status following the Bute KO were grossly overrating him. At the same time, while Rigondeaux may not have depth or longevity, I think Agbeko was a quality win, especially in the manner in which it unfolded, and I think Donaire is clearly much better than any one victory on Froch's ledger.

My main point being, I don't think Froch belonged higher than 15 P4P at any given time.
Rumsfeld is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum