Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 11-19-2013, 09:05 AM   #601
dmt
Hardest hitting hw ever
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Lennox Lewis vs Mike Tyson, prime for prime, who wins?

I also forgot to mention, by the times Tyson and Lewis fought, Tyson was essentially a one round fighter. Watch the first round of their fight, it was quite competitive. A young Tyson would have much more speed, slightly more power, better head movement and much better stamina. You would have to be a complete moron to believe that such a fight would be one sided.

While Lewis does deserve to be rated above Tyson due to their actual accomplishments, there is no way he is the greatest heavyweight we have had to date. There is no case for Lewis to be rated above Joe Louis or Muhammad Ali. Period. Yes Lewis is top 10 all time but certainly not the greatest. Any fighter who was stopped twice by average fighters with just one punch is not the greatest heavyweight ever. Not even close

And for the record, Tyson isn't anywhere near being the best of all time either. He wasted his talent and based on accomplishments, he deserves to be rated below Lewis.
dmt is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2013, 09:15 AM   #602
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

vCash: 191

Anybody who saw the Mercer fight and still thinks Lennox would beat Tyson is just in denial.
Lewis was a top heavy plodder with two left feet. Tyson was a solid stump, deep rooted into the canvas who moved like a light weight. He would of got to Lewis and bombed him out.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2013, 03:08 PM   #603
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

Who is to say Lennox would not of gotten his boots smooked by Toyko Douglas. Lewis wanted nothing to do with a 90s Larry Homles because of his jab.
Buster had a very good jab. Who as Lewis beating in the 90's on the level of Toyko Douglas?
Old 11-19-2013, 03:20 PM   #604
Foxy 01
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzer85 View Post
This story (like you) is full of so much shit

Lennox, on the HBO documentary admitted himself, he was scared of Tyson, he didnt want to fight him because he was 'an animal'. (Lewis own words.)

Lewis fought like a big old scaredy cat against a Tyson who was already one foot into retirement in 2002, but somehow he toyed with a much younger hungrier version of Tyson under the tutelage of Cus Damato? Im having hard time believing that.

If Lewis really manhandled the younger Tyson, like some of the nuthuggers on here state, then why did he not blow him away when they eventually did fight? Instead he fought like he was scared and Manny Steward had to scream at him to 'Get this mothercucker out of here' hardly sounds like a confident fighter to me.

Compare that to Holyfield. Tyson and Holyfield sparred one round in 1984, look at Holyfields attitude and confidence before and during the fight, he handled a much better version of Tyson than Lewis. He sparred Tyson, he knew what Tyson was about and he took it to Tyson. Lewis just threw a few jabs, leaned and pushed him down and that was that.

As for the Tyson Ducked Lewis bullshit you came out with, what the **** was Tyson supposed to do? fight Lewis for peanuts or fight Holyfield for $30m+. Tyson got 50m+ for the 2 Holyfield fights. He would have got **** all for fighting Lewis, a guy who was just coming off a dodgy decision against Mike Tyson wannabe Ray Mercer and a humiliating KO defeat to former Tyson sparring partner Oliver Mcall.

Tyson didnt pay Lewis step aside money, he paid him money for losses of income due to not giving him his title shot.

Theres a reason why Holyfield Tyson was called 'Finally' because people wanted this fight. It was the Pacqiao/Mayweather of its time.
Nice try, but more pro rapist garbage.

Lewis scared of the rapist scum? Yeah right dream on. What did he do when the mental midget tried his tough guy bullshit at the promotion fiasco, slapped him to the floor, and made the scum revert to the dog background he came from and try to bite Lewis's leg.

Go away and crawl back under your stone with your Tyson hard man LIES.

Even when the dirty filth went to prison for rape they sent him to a juvenile offenders institution, as opposed to a real prison. Then they put the nonce in a vulnerable prisoners wing for his own protection.

Even murderers have, mothers, sisters, daughters and female cousins, and the thought of some scum raping them brings out the thoughts of murder again.

So stop this pure American horse shit, about Tyson being a scary monster to anyone other than junkies, pissheads, and wierdo's.

Tyson was, is, and always will be a fvcking nonce case bully who likes to intimidate, bugs and earwigs, and ***ually abuse women. No more, and no less.

He took that lifestyle it the boxing ring with him, which is why he got fvcked by guys who treated him like the lowlife scum he is.
Foxy 01 is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2013, 09:20 PM   #605
ETM
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I think Lewis did have some fear of Tyson going into their fight. He wasn`t sure what Mike may do when he started to lose. He had already bitten him at the press conference.

That was basically Tyson trying to get out of the fight but it didn`t work. In boxing terms I don` t think Lennox was that concerned. He knew he was the better fighter and that Tyson`s only chance was a haymaker.

It was big $ but also a fight Lewis had to take to quiet the last of his critics who would still say Tyson would have beaten him.
ETM is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2013, 10:08 PM   #606
heizenberg
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

This is surely one of the more talked about match ups of all time. Its always hard to picture what would've happened if these two would've met in their primes. Tyson's prime IMO would be 1987-1988,I would say Lewis was at his best 1997-2000. If they clashed at their very best I could certainly see the fight going either way but if I have to choose a winner I gotta take Lewis.

I feel Tyson overall has the better chance of scoring a KO because of his great power and constant aggression to go along with Lewis's somewhat suspect chin. Lewis has every bit the same amount of power as Tyson and could score a KO as well. I think the most likely outcome though would be Lewis implementing a very good game plan and being able to out point Tyson by using his range well, holding at times when Tyson gets to the inside and at times fighting Tyson off. I'd expect Tyson to be coming forward jabbing his way in and at certain points would land hard punches and force Lewis to fire back. At some point I would expect Tyson to hurt Lewis and have one or two big rounds in his favor, but I'd also expect Lewis to get the better of some of the exchanges and hurt Tyson at different points in the fight causing him to back off. At the end of the fight I'd expect it to be close with Lewis winning 7-8 of the rounds. I'd expect the fight to have some rounds that aren't particularly active and Lewis would carry those rounds, I'd also expect a few very exciting rounds where both fighters land big shots something like the first round of their fight in 2002 and as mentioned I'd expect Tyson to have one or two big rounds.

On the other hand I could picture a prime Tyson shaking up Lewis and causing him to become gun shy leading Tyson to either destroy Lewis much like he did to Tyrell Biggs. I could also see Tyson win a decision in a fight that somewhat resembles his fight with Tucker. There is so many different outcomes I can picture in my head of what might have taken place if these two met in their primes.
heizenberg is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2013, 08:25 AM   #607
Azzer85
ATG
East Side Guru

delete

Last edited by Azzer85; 11-20-2013 at 08:43 AM.
Azzer85 is online now  Top
Old 11-20-2013, 08:43 AM   #608
Azzer85
ATG
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy 01 View Post
Nice try, but more pro rapist garbage.

Lewis scared of the rapist scum? Yeah right dream on. What did he do when the mental midget tried his tough guy bullshit at the promotion fiasco, slapped him to the floor, and made the scum revert to the dog background he came from and try to bite Lewis's leg.

Go away and crawl back under your stone with your Tyson hard man LIES.

Even when the dirty filth went to prison for rape they sent him to a juvenile offenders institution, as opposed to a real prison. Then they put the nonce in a vulnerable prisoners wing for his own protection.

Even murderers have, mothers, sisters, daughters and female cousins, and the thought of some scum raping them brings out the thoughts of murder again.

So stop this pure American horse shit, about Tyson being a scary monster to anyone other than junkies, pissheads, and wierdo's.

Tyson was, is, and always will be a fvcking nonce case bully who likes to intimidate, bugs and earwigs, and ***ually abuse women. No more, and no less.

He took that lifestyle it the boxing ring with him, which is why he got fvcked by guys who treated him like the lowlife scum he is.
You didnt answer a single one of my points.

And you called me American?

Tired of debating with you, you stupid mother****er, join my ignore list, with all the other retards
Azzer85 is online now  Top
Old 11-20-2013, 09:04 AM   #609
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merchants ghost View Post
Dino; Well Lewis controversially beat Vitali a much better opponent than Tokyo Buster. And he would have fought another better opponent in Riddick Bowe but the coward ran scared didn't he!
Douglas had a better jab , footwork, defence and combination punching than Vitali and could actually fight to a gameplan.
Vitali just pawed at Lewis with uneduacted pressure and his mess of a face was the result.
You assess those fights and its clear Douglas was the higher skilled and better fighter and would of beat Vitali hands down and possibly Lewis of that night as well.
Old 11-21-2013, 12:31 PM   #610
Foxy 01
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Anyone, and I mean anyone who thinks that Lewis could ever lose to a midget, both physically, and mentally like Tyson, either has an agenda against Lennox, or they haven't got a clue about boxing. It would be an easier fight for him than it was for Douglas. Jab jab, right hand, or left hook, or right uppercut. Doesn't matter, the jab would stop Tyson dead in his tracks just like Buster's did, then LL just picks his follow up shot.

I just hope that half witted gimp Azzer sticks to his promise of having me on his ignore list. The moron.
Foxy 01 is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2013, 01:01 PM   #611
klompton2
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I dont know if I voted on this one but my vote is the same as its always been if I did. Tyson by KO. I personally think Lewis was made to order for a prime Tyson.
klompton2 is offline  Top
Old 02-21-2014, 01:56 AM   #612
Sangria
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Lewis gets the better of Tyson 13 times out of 25
Sangria is offline  Top
Old 02-21-2014, 05:23 AM   #613
Entaowed
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Cmon Foxy, your hatred & verbal abuse of Tyson is embarrassing. Too project all denied negative feelings & Dark Side unto one feared & loathe "monster" is a form of pathology. You are not showing much boxing analysis, & clearly whether Tson could win or not you would denigrate him.

To insult all who honestly differ than you is also wrong. Tyson did some very bad things, but there is no good way to know if he raped Desiree Washington.

Anyway your constant mockery totally erodes your credibility.
Entaowed is offline  Top
Old 02-21-2014, 05:24 AM   #614
rski
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

This isn't an easy fight for prime Tyson. I am a bigger fan of Mike's but I take a realistic stance these days. He will always be the best fighter ever in my eyes in terms of excitement but not 100% sure he would take a prime Lewis.

Lewis is tougher that people give him credit for, he could take a decent punch dispite the two KOs but he took those guys VERY lightly. Mike would have to land a clean haymaker and Lewis would be more cautious in a fight like this. Also to get to Lewis, Tyson would have to avoid an array of uppercuts and right hands. Catching a few of them would make him more cautious himself, leading to Lewis picking him off. Lewis also has tremendous power. People point out Mercer as evidence that Mike would trash Lewis but I don't buy that, this fight just showed that Lewis could war it out and wouldn't cave in, at least he has proved that he can do that, Mike hasn't really had to gut it out to that degree.

As with all match ups like this you kind of sway in your thinking, sometimes I think the relentless pressure of Tyson would be too much, but he would have to be in that same devastating mood he was in against Holmes of something, anything less and Lewis picks him off. Overall though the safe bet for me has been Lewis out pointing him and controlling the fight after a shaky first few rounds.
rski is offline  Top
Old 02-21-2014, 08:05 AM   #615
superman1692
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entaowed View Post
Cmon Foxy, your hatred & verbal abuse of Tyson is embarrassing. Too project all denied negative feelings & Dark Side unto one feared & loathe "monster" is a form of pathology. You are not showing much boxing analysis, & clearly whether Tson could win or not you would denigrate him.

To insult all who honestly differ than you is also wrong. Tyson did some very bad things, but there is no good way to know if he raped Desiree Washington.

Anyway your constant mockery totally erodes your credibility.
I think Foxy01 IS Desiree Washington.
superman1692 is online now  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum