Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-20-2013, 06:06 AM   #46
str1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Floyd fans who mock Pac's win over ODH seriously know nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimmer View Post
You could call me a Floyd fan but i kind of agree with you. But you can look at it 2 ways.

You cannot deny that DLH in that ring looked sickly, in fact visually one of the most drained fighters i have ever seen. He looked anorexic!

But people forget Pac was small, and if i recall correctly it was very much 50/50 on the predictions as many people said Oscar would be too big and too strong for little Pac. Oscar was favorite with the bookies and people forget this, so props to Pac

However Oscar weighed 145 at the weigh in, clearly drained after moving down in weight. Pac weighed 142 and had time to commit to his training camp fully where as Oscars camp apparently was all about taking that weight off. Not good preperation.

But on fight night Oscar weighed 147 and Pac weighed 148.5... Pac was the heavier and healthier fighter.

On another note, i think there is thread somewhere, Roach said after the fight that Oscar had to be surgically rehydrated through an IV.... If true then DLH has to be the most weight drained fighter for any big fight in history.

So Oscar was a walking zombie, sickly, looked like he had AIDS. Pac was strong, healthy, fast, and in his prime.

All the "boxing experts" were predicting an ODLH win and there is no denying that. I too was one that thought ODLH was just picking on a smaller man. It was Pac that was moving up two weight divisions to fight ODLH who offered to meet Pac at 147lbs. What people or Flomos don't understand is that it was impossible for Pac to have moved from 135lbs to 154lbs to fight ODLH. This is a fight that should have never had happened because of the weight discrepancy but ODLH thought he had an easy win with Pac. If Mayweather didn't want the rematch why not fight the man that was considered as the "Mexi-cutioner" at that time and be the "first" "Mexican" to stop him and make millions in the process? Or so he thought. It was either Margarito/Cotto who were more of threat for ODLH or an "easier and smaller" Pac.
str1 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2013, 11:32 AM   #47
DABOZ
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 293
Default Re: Floyd fans who mock Pac's win over ODH seriously know nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pibb View Post
All i'm saying is that Canelito offered the catchweight.

Pac is the one that demands the catchweights...not his comp.

147 is not a catchweight. YDKSAB
DABOZ is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum