Old 11-19-2013, 12:47 PM   #16
BewareofDawg
P4P Champ
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: The real big story about GSP Hendricks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanboxingfan View Post
Well he did have the conditioning and desire advantage, because I think most people believe the won round 5 which seemed to have been the round that ended up being the deciding factor.

I don't care how much Hendricks thought he was winning by or how hurt he thought GSP was, he still owed it to himself to have won the last round. And quite honestly I don't anyone but Dana White (and perhaps Hendricks himself) felt that Hendricks won that round.
I agree. Thinking back at the fight. Hendricks may have beat him up in rounds 2 and 4, but only one guy fought like a "champion" that night. This is Hendricks's biggest fight of his life, one he's been asking for for years, and finally gets it, but doesn't push for the win in the championship and final round????

GSP took a hellacious beating that left him 1/2 blind and with a blacked out memory, but still pushed his hardest in the final round to win the fight
BewareofDawg is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2013, 01:47 PM   #17
EL BULLY
Contender
ESB Senior Member

GSP still fought like GSP he just looked very different cosmetically and weak in the clinch, Juice has minimal effect of endurance but there was a marked difference in his appearance. It also can make a huge difference mentally and as the test levels drop so does the confidence.

Johnny was not gassed as he left some in the tank rather than leaving it all in the Octagon. He has to live with that and as time goes on he will blame the judges less and himself more.
EL BULLY is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2013, 04:16 PM   #18
keyser
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Can someone post pics of GSP in this fight vs others to show the massive difference in appearance?
keyser is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2013, 07:54 PM   #19
bachatu
Pro
ESB Addict

Funny, I personally thought GSP looked super juiced this Saturday compared to a natural looking guy like Hendricks.
bachatu is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2013, 04:53 AM   #20
Overhill
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1437

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyser View Post
Can someone post pics of GSP in this fight vs others to show the massive difference in appearance?
BORKED
@1.46

BORKED
@1.30

BORKED
@3.30

Same ..extremely well conditioned fighter.

Took also shots better than I expected but seemed like something indeed was messing his head throughout the built-up.
Hopefully he get issues sorted, comes back better than ever AND ditches that extra testing nonsense.
Overhill is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2013, 06:47 AM   #21
Beouche
Dinamita
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by BewareofDawg View Post
It is extremely suspect that the one fight GSP chooses to do Random Drug Testing is the one fight he looks vulnerable, and actually weak in comparison to his opponent.

What I think happened:
GSP got tired of the criticism of him being on PEDs and wanted to make a point that he was clean before he exited the sport for good. I'm not gonna say he was on them or not, but he probably thought he was on another level than Johnny and could outskill him enough to get a clear victory.

This is the exact same scenario as Pacquiao making Marquez III after Marquez looked slow old and fat against Floyd, and demanding the extra testing. Thought he no longer needed the PEDs to beat him, so wanted to "prove" he had been clean all along

And lo and behold both looked like utter shit in comparison to their usual selves
Beouche is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2013, 08:34 AM   #22
EL BULLY
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Obviously if a guy is heavily muscled he must then cut more weight/water for the weigh in. A muscular guy would look more drained on the scales than a less muscular guy with the same frame. On fight night, when rehydrated, he was visibly smaller. A fact commented on by some MMA journalists in podcasts I have listened to since the fight. It might be a coincidence, but then again it might not and the rumours have been around for years now.
EL BULLY is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2013, 10:25 AM   #23
Overhill
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beouche View Post
This is the exact same scenario as Pacquiao making Marquez III after Marquez looked slow old and fat against Floyd, and demanding the extra testing. Thought he no longer needed the PEDs to beat him, so wanted to "prove" he had been clean all along

And lo and behold both looked like utter shit in comparison to their usual selves
Are you saying Pac demanded extra testing for JMM 3?
Overhill is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2013, 02:18 PM   #24
Beouche
Dinamita
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overhill View Post
Are you saying Pac demanded extra testing for JMM 3?

yep
Beouche is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2013, 11:31 PM   #25
Overhill
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beouche View Post
yep
You lie much?