Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2013, 03:10 PM   #61
Strongback
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,703
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Matchroom's Christmas Card - What a Massive Fail!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandanda View Post
Listen my opinion is it's a solid card. Once again you've not posted a card you'd realistic think could happen. Funny you say about bringing decent fights outside his stable. He's done this in the past year you claim his shows are full of mismatches.

There's no name fighter on the bill so it's shit. Bloody hell clutching at straws now..

Fanboy this and head up arse that. You can't even debate with someone who's calling it with balance so you fling the childish insults out for a man of your age it's laughable. You've admitted you have a agenda hence the thread and the over reaction.

Now take your agenda driven drivel to someone else.

All you've got is 'name a better card'. That's not my job that's Eddie's. If I could be arse'd spending 5 minutes on it I am sure I could do better.

How about a Syke's v Crolla rematch or holding Quigg back so there is one of Matchroom's better names on the card instead of that waste of time fight he had last month. A mismatch fight for Quigg just so Eddie can try and justify a pathetic Froch PPV undercard.

Mismatched fights on the Froch undercard are leaving the Christmas card more than a little thread bare. Eddie should have made a few competitive fights on both cards. The fans would have been a lot happier.

That's without even looking at outside fights.
Strongback is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2013, 03:20 PM   #62
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South London
Posts: 13,024
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Matchroom's Christmas Card - What a Massive Fail!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongback View Post
All you've got is 'name a better card'. That's not my job that's Eddie's. If I could be arse'd spending 5 minutes on it I am sure I could do better.

How about a Syke's v Crolla rematch or holding Quigg back so there is one of Matchroom's better names on the card instead of that waste of time fight he had last month. A mismatch fight for Quigg just so Eddie can try and justify a pathetic Froch PPV undercard.

Mismatched fights on the Froch undercard are leaving the Christmas card more than a little thread bare. Eddie should have made a few competitive fights on both cards. The fans would have been a lot happier.

That's without even looking at outside fights.
Sykes is going for British Super Featherweight title and Crolla is trying to push towards world title shot at Lightweight..

Why now are we talking about the Froch-Groves debacle? and why hold Quigg back? to make the Dec 14th non PPV show better because he's a name?. Didn't Eddie put Quigg on a non PPV show in October? and you've just complained about the Froch vs Groves undercard then wanted it to be depleted further!.

Why haven't you answered the question about the David Haye vs Ruiz and Audley undercards that i asked you yesterday?.

The fact is your looking for reason to moan now. The Froch-Groves card was pony. Eddie deserves flack for that..

Quigg had hardly any support when he fought in London. I was there and the arena was subdued as he boxed. Why put him through that again?. Manchester is a better place for him to box...
Mandanda is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 03:25 PM   #63
Strongback
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,703
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Matchroom's Christmas Card - What a Massive Fail!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
Whilst this card is poor, the biggest issue is that two ****** employees/nuthuggers (Strongback and Terminator_X) turn this into a joke of a thread rather than something constructive.

The reason I don't like the Hearn's is because they have monopolised British boxing. They have a stranglehold on Sky which makes it very difficult for any other promoter to bring their fighters through.

I said it when Matchroom Boxing upped there PR a couple of years ago that they wouldn't be happy until Barry was the Chairman of the BBBofC. Look what Hearn has done with other sports. He has the same M.O. with boxing.

It's bad for boxing and it's bad for the fan's.
Strongback is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 03:36 PM   #64
sikeside
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,021
vCash: 500
Default Re: Matchroom's Christmas Card - What a Massive Fail!!!!!!!

Are u having a fukin laugh soreass
sikeside is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 04:18 PM   #65
Strongback
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,703
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Matchroom's Christmas Card - What a Massive Fail!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandanda View Post
Sykes is going for British Super Featherweight title and Crolla is trying to push towards world title shot at Lightweight..

Why now are we talking about the Froch-Groves debacle? and why hold Quigg back? to make the Dec 14th non PPV show better because he's a name?. Didn't Eddie put Quigg on a non PPV show in October? and you've just complained about the Froch vs Groves undercard then wanted it to be depleted further!.

Why haven't you answered the question about the David Haye vs Ruiz and Audley undercards that i asked you yesterday?

The fact is your looking for reason to moan now. The Froch-Groves card was pony. Eddie deserves flack for that..

Quigg had hardly any support when he fought in London. I was there and the arena was subdued as he boxed. Why put him through that again?. Manchester is a better place for him to box...

Quote:
Sykes is going for British Super Featherweight title and Crolla is trying to push towards world title shot at Lightweight..
This fight is a competitive matchup and it has the twist that Sykes has a win over Crolla. The timing is good. As for Crolla pushing for a world title, anybody with half a brain can see that's going to end badly. Crolla is an exciting fighter and on the domestic level is great value for money. Why not keep him fighting at a level he can compete at..

Quote:
Why now are we talking about the Froch-Groves debacle?
I'm talking about it because Eddie tried to sqeeze every fighter he could onto this card leaving few option for the December card. He should have held some fighters back and focused on putting together good fights instead of walkover farces. The December card can't be any worse than the November card but they are in the same ballpark in terms of shiteness.


Quote:
why hold Quigg back? to make the Dec 14th non PPV show better because he's a name?.
Exactly. Get him in with a decent fighter that will give him rounds and a decent workout.

Quote:
and you've just complained about the Froch vs Groves undercard then wanted it to be depleted further!.
The Matchroom names on the November card were not the problem. The problem was their were no competitive fights on the undercard. Matchroom would be better off halving 3 or 4 competitive fights instead of 12 odd joke fights with name recognised fighters.


Quote:
Why haven't you answered the question about the David Haye vs Ruiz and Audley undercards that i asked you yesterday?
Don't get me started on Haye. I have started many many threads and probably written a 100,000 words on the bulshit Haye/Booth have pulled. They are a completely transparent pair of cunts. I have articles going back to before the first postponed Wlad fight. I called Buncey out on here in a thread I started about him playing at being David Haye's promoter before the Audley fight. He acknowledged the fight was bad for boxing.

Haye and Booth are the only two I have contiually singled out for criticism in the last few years. Their bullshit is very similar. The Hearn's though are much more sophisticated in the way they do things.

Quote:
Quigg had hardly any support when he fought in London. I was there and the arena was subdued as he boxed. Why put him through that again?. Manchester is a better place for him to box...
Quigg didn't perform too well that night in London. A fighter with ambition needs to impress everybody including fight fans in the capital. Give him a chance to set the record staight.


At the end of the day it is up to Eddie to put together exciting cards. He has the resources and backup to do better than he has recently.

For me as a fan I don't want to watch shit match-up.
Strongback is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 04:32 PM   #66
Collie
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,606
vCash: 18000
Default Re: Matchroom's Christmas Card - What a Massive Fail!!!!!!!

Its not a good card and it could be better

But I just don't think the talent is there in Britain alone to have stacked cards very often, even if one promoter has all the British guys. There is usually only going to ever be a handful of world level guys/stars from Britain at any one time. GB and TR have fighters from all over the world: N and S America, Asia, etc. I think if Matchroom is going to grow it is going to need to bring in prospects from further afield, but I don't know if the British market is a good one for such incoming international fighters.

The lack of competitiveness or competitive co-feature or top undercard fights sucks though
Collie is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 05:03 PM   #67
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South London
Posts: 13,024
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Matchroom's Christmas Card - What a Massive Fail!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongback View Post
This fight is a competitive matchup and it has the twist that Sykes has a win over Crolla. The timing is good. As for Crolla pushing for a world title, anybody with half a brain can see that's going to end badly. Crolla is an exciting fighter and on the domestic level is great value for money. Why not keep him fighting at a level he can compete at..



I'm talking about it because Eddie tried to sqeeze every fighter he could onto this card leaving few option for the December card. He should have held some fighters back and focused on putting together good fights instead of walkover farces. The December card can't be any worse than the November card but they are in the same ballpark in terms of shiteness.




Exactly. Get him in with a decent fighter that will give him rounds and a decent workout.



The Matchroom names on the November card were not the problem. The problem was their were no competitive fights on the undercard. Matchroom would be better off halving 3 or 4 competitive fights instead of 12 odd joke fights with name recognised fighters.




Don't get me started on Haye. I have started many many threads and probably written a 100,000 words on the bulshit Haye/Booth have pulled. They are a completely transparent pair of cunts. I have articles going back to before the first postponed Wlad fight. I called Buncey out on here in a thread I started about him playing at being David Haye's promoter before the Audley fight. He acknowledged the fight was bad for boxing.

Haye and Booth are the only two I have contiually singled out for criticism in the last few years. Their bullshit is very similar. The Hearn's though are much more sophisticated in the way they do things.



Quigg didn't perform too well that night in London. A fighter with ambition needs to impress everybody including fight fans in the capital. Give him a chance to set the record staight.


At the end of the day it is up to Eddie to put together exciting cards. He has the resources and backup to do better than he has recently.

For me as a fan I don't want to watch shit match-up.
Crolla vs Sykes doesn't make any sense at all to the two fighters nor the promoters.

One guys rebuilding his career domestically and the others just joined the promotion. Also the fact he was to face Martin Gethin for the British title at Lightweight a weight above Sykes best fighting weight and Gethin being world ranked with the IBF it made more sense for Crolla to face Gethin in Manchester then on the Excel bill.

Sadly Gethin pulls out so they got in Foster Jnr at late notice which was a decent replacement at short notice after being messed around. Sykes was waiting for the Stephen Smith issue to be resolved for the British Super Featherweight title so for me it wasn't a logical match up for both men.

All this stuff about having a name on the bill to me isn't even making sense. Quigg and Crolla more of a name then Kevin Mitchell? and Mitchell's in with a guy with a decent record of European quality. Mitchell's not looked exactly great so this could be more of a test then people think.

The younger guys on the bill are getting a platform to showcase themselves to the Sky viewers. It's about time we saw the likes of Ricky Boylan and Tony Owen who was involved in one of the domestic fights of the year on the October O2 undercard were shown to the TV audience.

If Hearn held these name fighters back for this Excel show he'd of lost money if he brought in the quality of opponent they need/you demand. Some of his name fighters won't be shifting loads and loads of tickets so close to Christmas unless they're in with someone pretty damn good. Plus it's a London bill with mostly London fighters and the odd Northern ''name'' getting a run out against mediocre opposition.

I agree Quigg's opponent on Froch-Groves undercard was piss poor but it was a quick turn-a-round fight for someone who just come off a draw a month previous.

I just don't see it your way. These unknown quantities and these European fella's could put up excellent fights. I've seen bits of Zamora and he's been in with good company like Shafikov and got a draw and then lost to him and he's been abroad to Panama and fought to a draw for the WBA Interim Light-Welter title and is a big guy for LW. Purdy's opponent is good fighter i'd love to see him vs Gavin in all honesty. I think sometimes we're to critical of fighters we don't know much about.

Last edited by Mandanda; 12-05-2013 at 06:17 PM.
Mandanda is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 07:10 PM   #68
Strongback
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,703
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Matchroom's Christmas Card - What a Massive Fail!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandanda View Post
Crolla vs Sykes doesn't make any sense at all to the two fighters nor the promoters.

One guys rebuilding his career domestically and the others just joined the promotion. Also the fact he was to face Martin Gethin for the British title at Lightweight a weight above Sykes best fighting weight and Gethin being world ranked with the IBF it made more sense for Crolla to face Gethin in Manchester then on the Excel bill.

Sadly Gethin pulls out so they got in Foster Jnr at late notice which was a decent replacement at short notice after being messed around. Sykes was waiting for the Stephen Smith issue to be resolved for the British Super Featherweight title so for me it wasn't a logical match up for both men.

All this stuff about having a name on the bill to me isn't even making sense. Quigg and Crolla more of a name then Kevin Mitchell? and Mitchell's in with a guy with a decent record of European quality. Mitchell's not looked exactly great so this could be more of a test then people think.

The younger guys on the bill are getting a platform to showcase themselves to the Sky viewers. It's about time we saw the likes of Ricky Boylan and Tony Owen who was involved in one of the domestic fights of the year on the October O2 undercard were shown to the TV audience.

If Hearn held these name fighters back for this Excel show he'd of lost money if he brought in the quality of opponent they need/you demand. Some of his name fighters won't be shifting loads and loads of tickets so close to Christmas unless they're in with someone pretty damn good. Plus it's a London bill with mostly London fighters and the odd Northern ''name'' getting a run out against mediocre opposition.

I agree Quigg's opponent on Froch-Groves undercard was piss poor but it was a quick turn-a-round fight for someone who just come off a draw a month previous.

I just don't see it your way. These unknown quantities and these European fella's could put up excellent fights. I've seen bits of Zamora and he's been in with good company like Shafikov and got a draw and then lost to him and he's been abroad to Panama and fought to a draw for the WBA Interim Light-Welter title and is a big guy for LW. Purdy's opponent is good fighter i'd love to see him vs Gavin in all honesty. I think sometimes we're to critical of fighters we don't know much about.

So good matches shouldn't be made?????

Eddie shouldn't look for good opponents because that costs money?????


Name fighters make a card. It makes absolute sense. Why do you think people think Mitchell versus a no name Italian is dull?????


You have an excuse for everything but the reality is the card is poor and not up to the level matchroom have promoted themselves on.


Wazza is apparently going around without an arse in his trousers and yet he can put on as good or better a card than Matchroom!!!!!!!

Sky are bankrolling these Matchroom shows, it is perfectly fair and reasonable to expect a card that is a lot better than what Frank can put on.

Matchroom had all year to put plan their schedule. It's quite obvious they are now running on fumes at this stage as evidenced by the card.


BTW has Purdy been been exonerated of the fraud charged?
Strongback is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 07:14 PM   #69
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South London
Posts: 13,024
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Matchroom's Christmas Card - What a Massive Fail!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongback View Post
So good matches shouldn't be made?????

Eddie shouldn't look for good opponents because that costs money?????


Name fighters make a card. It makes absolute sense. Why do you think people think Mitchell versus a no name Italian is dull?????


You have an excuse for everything but the reality is the card is poor and not up to the level matchroom have promoted themselves on.


Wazza is apparently going around without an arse in his trousers and yet he can put on as good or better a card than Matchroom!!!!!!!

Sky are bankrolling these Matchroom shows, it is perfectly fair and reasonable to expect a card than is a lot better than what Frank can put on.

Matchroom had all year to put plan their schedule. It's quite obvious they are now running on fumes at this stage as evidenced by the card.


BTW has Purdy been been exonerated of the fraud charged?
Gethin vs Crolla is a better fight then Crolla vs Sykes III at a weight Gary doesn't operate at yes.

But Franks irrelevant you said earlier in this post but now to salvage the argument you've drawn on him and his show and his situation. The show is a normal Saturday night show and he's bringing over Bundu so he's already put hand in pocket where Frank hasn't (for Gavin). Judging by your posts tonight you'd run a promotion into the ground because you aren't seeing it clearly IMO.

They have a business in which they want to try profit and if not then at least not have a right off. Hearn's last Christmas show fell apart through no fault of his own. If you're asking me how has his shows been overly the course of the year i'd say they've been a step up from FNF but i'd like to see next year step up. He's put some really good shows on and some frankly average ones on.

This one's different. A few nice trade fights and two good quality Italian fighters coming over for the chief and main event and Joshua in a step up with Darch. Nice little showcase for some of the young lads as well..

Anyways my works done here, It's going around in circles and as Solaris rightly said you've made a mess of this thread.

Last edited by Mandanda; 12-05-2013 at 07:37 PM.
Mandanda is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 07:17 PM   #70
Bungle85
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 224
vCash: 500
Default Re: Matchroom's Christmas Card - What a Massive Fail!!!!!!!

It will all change when big daddy BT comes in and gets involved in the competition!
Bungle85 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 07:35 PM   #71
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South London
Posts: 13,024
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Matchroom's Christmas Card - What a Massive Fail!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungle85 View Post
It will all change when big daddy BT comes in and gets involved in the competition!
Hope so mate.
Mandanda is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 08:04 PM   #72
Strongback
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,703
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Matchroom's Christmas Card - What a Massive Fail!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandanda View Post
Gethin vs Crolla is a better fight then Crolla vs Sykes III at a weight Gary doesn't operate at yes.

But Franks irrelevant you said earlier in this post but now to salvage the argument you've drawn on him and his show and his situation. The show is a normal Saturday night show and he's bringing over Bundu so he's already put hand in pocket where Frank hasn't (for Gavin). Judging by your posts tonight you'd run a promotion into the ground because you aren't seeing it clearly IMO.

They have a business in which they want to try profit and if not then at least not have a right off. Hearn's last Christmas show fell apart through no fault of his own. If you're asking me how has his shows been overly the course of the year i'd say they've been a step up from FNF but i'd like to see next year step up. He's put some really good shows on and some frankly average ones on.

This one's different. A few nice trade fights and two good quality Italian fighters coming over for the chief and main event and Joshua in a step up with Darch.

Anyways my works done here, It's going around in circles and as Solaris rightly said you've made a mess of this thread.

Firstly it's my thread so if I think it worth arguing against a stone waller like you I will. You have not presented a single bone fide argument on any of the points I've raised, I have argued with many people on many subject and from experience I recognise you immediately as a guy that will keep mudding the waters and keeping diverting away from the the genuine facts. You will do this for as long as it takes. Me I take pleasure it arguing against people who debate like you do. People can see through your rhetoric the more you type.

Frank's card was brought up as a means to compare and contrast. Wazza doesn't have the money Sky give Matchroom. If Hearn keeps taking the gold while not delivering the figures he'll hit the skids with Sky.

The two Italians are far from decent that is why they were chosen. Nobody gives a fiddlers about them.

The proof of this pudding will be in the eating. The two headline fights involve mediocre British fighters fighting even more mediocre Italians. I don't anticipate a skill fest.


We'll see how great these "trade fights" are on the night. "Trade fights" is a bollocks term anyway. The fights are for the Sky viewers and ticket buyers not the handful of journo's and boxing people who might be in attendance. I have been watching boxing nearly thirty years, fought as an amateur and trained with pro's and I have rarely if ever heard the term "trade fight" used in amongst boxing people. It's like some crap Buncey would come out with trying to make himself sound important while waffling to Steve Lillis.


Your work won't be done until we see the fights.

As they used to say in the gym "the easiest thing in the world is to come up with an excuse".

Excuses are something you are full of.
Strongback is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 03:53 AM   #73
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 10,864
vCash: 500
Default Re: Matchroom's Christmas Card - What a Massive Fail!!!!!!!

SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 04:09 AM   #74
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South London
Posts: 13,024
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Matchroom's Christmas Card - What a Massive Fail!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongback View Post
Firstly it's my thread so if I think it worth arguing against a stone waller like you I will. You have not presented a single bone fide argument on any of the points I've raised, I have argued with many people on many subject and from experience I recognise you immediately as a guy that will keep mudding the waters and keeping diverting away from the the genuine facts. You will do this for as long as it takes. Me I take pleasure it arguing against people who debate like you do. People can see through your rhetoric the more you type.

Frank's card was brought up as a means to compare and contrast. Wazza doesn't have the money Sky give Matchroom. If Hearn keeps taking the gold while not delivering the figures he'll hit the skids with Sky.

The two Italians are far from decent that is why they were chosen. Nobody gives a fiddlers about them.

The proof of this pudding will be in the eating. The two headline fights involve mediocre British fighters fighting even more mediocre Italians. I don't anticipate a skill fest.


We'll see how great these "trade fights" are on the night. "Trade fights" is a bollocks term anyway. The fights are for the Sky viewers and ticket buyers not the handful of journo's and boxing people who might be in attendance. I have been watching boxing nearly thirty years, fought as an amateur and trained with pro's and I have rarely if ever heard the term "trade fight" used in amongst boxing people. It's like some crap Buncey would come out with trying to make himself sound important while waffling to Steve Lillis.


Your work won't be done until we see the fights.

As they used to say in the gym "the easiest thing in the world is to come up with an excuse".

Excuses are something you are full of.
You're clearly trolling now . You have no clue who the Italians are and rather then do some research you down them because it suits your petty agenda. Bundu isn't exactly hard to find neither .

You've dun messed up this one pal. The saying Frank's show isn't relevant then bringing it up sums it up . You've ducked more questions then a politician and don't even answer back to my answers to your questions or points.

You want ''names'' you mention Crolla and Quigg and i mention Mitchell is a name no matter his ability which is European/Fringe world which isn't to much better or worse then the other two yet you blank that.

You're rather naive and frankly clueless for someone in the sport for 30 years IMHO.


Last edited by Mandanda; 12-06-2013 at 04:34 AM.
Mandanda is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 04:29 AM   #75
Black_Rainbows
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 980
vCash: 500
Default Re: Matchroom's Christmas Card - What a Massive Fail!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongback View Post
Do you first need a Sky set top box, satellite dish , broadband connection and the like? just asking as that's the only way I know how to get it. I know once the hardware is installed the subscription can be cancelled.
You need Sky on "freesat" basically. You never need to get any sort of subscription with them. You need a box and a dish and some cable, and a viewing card.

I think it's 175 to get it set up, or cheaper if you get the stuff second hand and do it yourself.
Black_Rainbows is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013