Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2013, 02:53 AM   #1
modernfonzie
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,052
vCash: 500
Default Where are all the Matthysse supporters?

Not trying to be funny, but before Danny tagged up Matthysse, this forum was infested with Lucas fans. And now they are nowhere to be found. Hes like an afterthought on this board. Pacquiao fans are annoying, but dedicated. Even after he got KTFO they were still riding with him.

A few months ago Lucas was supposedly the man to beat Floyd and the scariest man in boxing. Where are they now?

Or did you guys just convert to GGG fans?
modernfonzie is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2013, 02:55 AM   #2
MVC!
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 2,849
vCash: 500
Default Re: Where are all the Matthysse supporters?

All dead. Danny Swift exposed that fraud.

Lucas- A 1 track machine, a hard puncher with very limited boxing ability.

Once you get a guy with a cast-iron chin like Swift, Matthysse is there for the taking

Nothing more nothing less.
MVC! is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 03:01 AM   #3
Ol' Bub
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,152
vCash: 408
Default Re: Where are all the Matthysse supporters?

If Danny Garcia and Lucas Matthysse fight on the same night, different networks, I'm watching Matthysse.
You think there aren't going to be any threads on here when he announces his next fight?
Ol' Bub is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 03:14 AM   #4
Sweet-D-Willy
Tha Realest
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: L.A.
Posts: 4,132
vCash: 500
Default Re: Where are all the Matthysse supporters?

their nuthugging was something fierce. so glad my boy Danny ended the hype and put them on silent mode..

most of them moved on and started nuthugging guys like Provodnikov or GGG.
Sweet-D-Willy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 03:18 AM   #5
Sweet-D-Willy
Tha Realest
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: L.A.
Posts: 4,132
vCash: 500
Default Re: Where are all the Matthysse supporters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by modernfonzie View Post
Not trying to be funny, but before Danny tagged up Matthysse, this forum was infested with Lucas fans. And now they are nowhere to be found. Hes like an afterthought on this board. Pacquiao fans are annoying, but dedicated. Even after he got KTFO they were still riding with him.

A few months ago Lucas was supposedly the man to beat Floyd and the scariest man in boxing. Where are they now?

Or did you guys just convert to GGG fans?
nah, this is false. after Pac got whooped in the third fight, the Pactards got more silent around here, after he got KTFO, the majority of the tards were almost extinct on here and were laughed off the board. they just recently made a comeback, either because he beat "Bum Bum" Rios, or the fact that most of the good posters don't really post here anymore, so it's a little safer for them..

Original Pactards like Puga and Pejevan immediately stopped posting after KTFO6

although i do agree that they're really true fans Pac because of how hurt they were after seeing him get KTFO. Lucas fans were more of bandwagonners.
Sweet-D-Willy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 03:21 AM   #6
MVC!
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 2,849
vCash: 500
Default Re: Where are all the Matthysse supporters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet-D-Willy View Post
nah, this is false. after Pac got whooped in the third fight, the Pactards got more silent around here, after he got KTFO, the majority of the tards were almost extinct on here and were laughed off the board. they just recently made a comeback, either because he beat "Bum Bum" Rios, or the fact that most of the good posters don't really post here anymore, so it's a little safer for them..

Original Pactards like Puga and Pejevan immediately stopped posting after KTFO6

although i do agree that they're really true fans Pac because of how hurt they were after seeing him get KTFO. Lucas fans were more of bandwagonners.
Puga went straight to that boxing site that we shall not name and never left.



We made him parish within 1 day!!
MVC! is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 03:25 AM   #7
Robney
ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: A hollow vulcano lair!
Posts: 23,031
vCash: 3761
Default Re: Where are all the Matthysse supporters?

Still here, expecting him to come back strong and maybe get a Garcia rematch soon.
He's still clearly the #2 lww out there. Just behind Garcia.
Robney is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 03:53 AM   #8
Delroc
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Jersey
Posts: 3,086
vCash: 1233
Default Re: Where are all the Matthysse supporters?

I'm still here. He'll be back, I expect him and garcia to fight again at some point down the line. Had the fight 7-5 garcia with an 10-8 round for the knockdown for garcia. Close fight.
Delroc is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 04:09 AM   #9
Son of Gaul
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Abyss
Posts: 7,208
vCash: 248
Default Re: Where are all the Matthysse supporters?

Matthysse's fans are still there. There just isn't a whole lot to cheer about , at the moment.
Son of Gaul is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 04:16 AM   #10
aaronpernell
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 144
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Where are all the Matthysse supporters?

Perhaps they are waiting on him to sign a fight. So they can, you know, have something to talk about.
aaronpernell is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 04:25 AM   #11
Holy Grail
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,424
vCash: 903
Default Re: Where are all the Matthysse supporters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronpernell View Post
Perhaps they are waiting on him to sign a fight. So they can, you know, have something to talk about.
Exactly

This thread was created by the troll modernfonzie who has nothing to do all day except think and talk about Mayweather.
Holy Grail is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 04:32 AM   #12
markq
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 4,250
vCash: 500
Default Re: Where are all the Matthysse supporters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet-D-Willy View Post
their nuthugging was something fierce. so glad my boy Danny ended the hype and put them on silent mode..

most of them moved on and started nuthugging guys like Provodnikov or GGG.


Prov is definitely the next hype job to get deflated.
markq is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 04:37 AM   #13
secretface
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Somewhere outside London
Posts: 120
vCash: 500
Default Re: Where are all the Matthysse supporters?

They're all on the GGG train, I'm not getting on that until he is proven, been burnt a few too many times before....Yes including on the train wreck Matthysse
secretface is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 04:42 AM   #14
Delroc
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Jersey
Posts: 3,086
vCash: 1233
Default Re: Where are all the Matthysse supporters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretface View Post
They're all on the GGG train, I'm not getting on that until he is proven, been burnt a few too many times before....Yes including Matthysse
So you don't become a fan until they win big fights? Or you are no longer a fan when they lose? And in Matthysse's case a close fight where if he wasn't knocked downed in that rope tangle flurry and won that round, which he was before that, the fight would have been a draw on 2 judges scorecards. Matthysse won 4-2 rounds before the glove rake that closed his eye. That actually sounds kind of bandwagon'y of you.

Your favorite football team is the one that won the superbowl the year before right? (don't know what sport you watch, just using an example)
Delroc is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 04:42 AM   #15
Scar
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 29,746
vCash: 372
Default Re: Where are all the Matthysse supporters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Gaul View Post
Matthysse's fans are still there. There just isn't a whole lot to cheer about , at the moment.
Well said.
Scar is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013