Old 05-01-2013, 08:59 AM   #871
yaca you
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: ESB ATGs Muay Thai / KickBoxing fighters Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by boranbkk View Post

By the way if you find that Bovy vs Superlek fight post it....it's got epic war written all over it.
Sorry to disappointing but the fight dosent exist. Seems I was mistaken.

heres a a couple KO's by Superlek... the REAL Superlek.

BORKED

BORKED

By the way although Bovy was a good fighter I think Superlek takes him out. Bovy liked to trade and Superlek had the better faster hands, and had a bit more rounded skills. moved threw hard kicks and combinations. Bovy wasnt hard to hit.

Last edited by yaca you; 05-01-2013 at 10:06 AM.
yaca you is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2013, 06:47 PM   #872
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaca you View Post
Sorry to disappointing but the fight dosent exist. Seems I was mistaken.

heres a a couple KO's by Superlek... the REAL Superlek.

BORKED

BORKED

By the way although Bovy was a good fighter I think Superlek takes him out. Bovy liked to trade and Superlek had the better faster hands, and had a bit more rounded skills. moved threw hard kicks and combinations. Bovy wasnt hard to hit.
Great clips, those low kicks he kept sinking in against Cherry! Cherry looks like a cat on a hot tin roof with that lead leg!

Thought the age difference between Bovy & Superlek was a bit wide but you never know with Thais! There were a few other Bovy' floating around in the 90s as well.

Absolutely agree with you summarisation between Bovy and Superlek. Superlek was on another level. Kong vs Superlek would be an epic one eh!
boranbkk is offline  Top
Old 05-11-2013, 02:45 AM   #873
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

For anyone that didn't catch it, here is the only known footage of former light flyweight champ' (in boxing, though I imagine he was an MT guy too, will investigate further when I get over there!) and midget, Netrnoi Sor Vorasingh.

It's a loss, but beggars can't be choosers

BORKED
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 05-18-2013, 03:56 PM   #874
Ne5ville14
Rationalist by default...
ESB Addict

sorry to bother you guys, but could any knowledgeable person rate this MT gym in montreal...

wanted to get started for years and now is the right time IMO !

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Ne5ville14 is offline  Top
Old 07-23-2013, 07:50 AM   #875
flat1234

Cant let this thread die
flat1234 is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2013, 09:22 AM   #876
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict

Bump for sjp 17.
boranbkk is offline  Top
Old 12-09-2013, 12:39 AM   #877
stormy0

Found an interesting clip and just wanted to check my sanity. It shows an interview with Samart Payakaroon in Thai. If you go to time 3:45 to 4:15, they show some old black and white fight footage. It's not good quality, but it actually looks like footage of Dieselnoi vs Samart!

I just wanted to check with some of the guys on here who do speak Thai as well as watching the clip to see if they think it is Dieselnoi vs. Samart. Some of the clinch evasive moves done in the clip look similar to things I've seen Samart do in other fights. If so, amazing!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Also, props to BoranBkk for all of the great fights you've been posting on youtube!
stormy0 is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2013, 07:35 AM   #878
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy0 View Post
Found an interesting clip and just wanted to check my sanity. It shows an interview with Samart Payakaroon in Thai. If you go to time 3:45 to 4:15, they show some old black and white fight footage. It's not good quality, but it actually looks like footage of Dieselnoi vs Samart!

I just wanted to check with some of the guys on here who do speak Thai as well as watching the clip to see if they think it is Dieselnoi vs. Samart. Some of the clinch evasive moves done in the clip look similar to things I've seen Samart do in other fights. If so, amazing!

BORKED

Also, props to BoranBkk for all of the great fights you've been posting on youtube!
Hey Stormy good to hear from you again & yep you've found it, some of the rarest fight footage around....that is Samart vs Dieselnoi!!!

Samart looked like he was making a fight of it, but what a handful Dieselnoi looked in that clip, Samart in survival mode. They don't talk too much about the fight but Samart says Dieselnoi had no credible opponent at that time and neither did Samart so they were matched despite being from different divisions (this is a very common on the Thai fight scene). Samart says he knew he would lose but needed the money, win or lose he'd get 350,000 baht, big money back then, still is if you consider the best stadium champs these days only get around 100,000- 150,000. He said he fought he's best.

Great great find Stormy, it just wets the appetite even more for the full fight. As I understand it minus the demo they did they fought twice (?) if so that clip must have been the 1st. It's a great interview as well Stomy. I haven't watched it all as I'm on the move & short on time.

Again mate great find & glad your enjoying the youtube channel. I haven't put anything up for a few months. I've just got hold of a load of great stuff so keep checking it out! There is also a homemade Samart DVD of a bunch of his fights, I haven't seen it yet, I wonder what secrets it'll yield!!!
boranbkk is offline  Top
Old 12-10-2013, 08:19 PM   #879
stormy0

Man, that is awesome to get confirmation! Thanks Boranbkk!

Dieselnoi looked absolutely beastly in that clip. It's so weird to see Samart in true survival mode, the only other time I've seen him look that much in danger is against Jeff Fenech.

Your youtube channel is awesome boran, definitely please post more stuff. I've downloaded my fair share of fights from your channel already. I'm hoping there is some stuff from Samart in his prime on that DVD; it is hard to find stuff from that period of his career.

I have a lot of Samart's muay thai fights that are widely available online, but it seems a lot of em are from past his prime, and his style in those fights is more of a defensive/slick countering style.
I have one fight of him vs Soudareth, which going by the footage, seems like an earlier fight of his. He adopts a very technical aggressive/stalker style more akin to his brother Kongtoranee, and it is a great display of his abilities.
I'm wondering if that was what his style was more like in his prime when he was hungry and making waves. Definitely dig that style of fighting and honestly enjoy watching Kongtoranee's fights more cause of the technical/clean aggression.
stormy0 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum