Old 06-10-2013, 02:29 AM   #1741
SP_Mauler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Rocky Marciano

Quote:
Originally Posted by glover View Post
Agreed Seamus, I expected Mauler to refute everthing in dramatic fashion but his retaliation is full of so much bias and bs it's still a surprise.

Mauler and dino... You 2 mofo's taking such a strong position against the Ukranian against such a feeble opponent compared to himself is laughable to the global community at large... Even the people who respect him far more than Klitschko, not a great many of them, a fraction of a percent would go on the claim h2h that he could BEAT Klitschko..

Wladimir didn't get the chance to rematch Sanders. Wlad was chasing his belt back, Sanders LOST the damn thing before he got a chance to. I've no doubt, nor would anybody sensible, that Wlad could have avenged that loss. To think that Vitali took the fight to avenge little brother because Wlad couldn't do it shows nothing but your incredible bias!
Rocky has much much more respect then Wladimir Klitschko and always will. Name some experts who hold Wladimir higher then Marciano? Forum people like Seamus and Absolutely dont count.

In Wladimirs own words "They said he was shot" and he's correct but he was also fat,old and lost interested in boxing but still sparked Wladimir. What we can conclude is that he can't take a punch as well as his physical presence suggests which is why he's safety first.

KO'd by bum beaters and safety first means he's suspect against heavy hitters and they don't hit harder then Marciano.

Quote:
I DO understand that KOing a bum is not worth as much as KOing a quality opponent. But the weight of the opponents being KO'd I happen to know is one of the surest indicators of quality, as much as their record is! And the fact that all of their opponents KO'd are HW and never faced a cruiser or light-heavy and were heavier than anything Rocky ever faced is a sure and undisputible fact which when properly assessed actually terminates your argument but you will try to spin it anyway of course!
That doesn't make sense besides KO'ing a bum is not a indicator of true world class HW power. Sam Peters is a good example. Who did he hurt exactly at the top level after destroying all those bums? Nothing. Next time you wanna talk numbers make sense because what you said makes zilch.

Quote:
You have no proof that K2 pays the referee's to favour Klitschko's that is your biased opinion, They don't do anything "illegal" in boxing tactically (outside the ring they use steroids!) That he ducked Sanders and Chisora is your biased view on events which suit further your agenda of Wlad being a cheater and ducker! Once again no conclusive evidence!
Wladimir holds and leans way way more in Germany then he ever did in the USA.Why? Because he's in total control. Only logical explanation unless you're going to tell me something else?

Quote:
I can prove he's been in the ring conclusively with heavier fighters out of his range in every fight which is enough of a sample to make an almost certain statement that Rocky couldn't handle Wlad's level of opposition. What the boxing community thinks of Rocky opponents compared to Wlad's is irrelevant when Wlads' will knock out all of his regardless! That certainly proves nothing toward Rocky being higher quality!
It is relevant. If everyone thinks the sky is blue because we see blue. Wladimir just stands still and jabs. He is able to get away with this because the opponents are so big they have no lateral movement or the aerobic capatic to constantly move,bend and just give up.

They relie more on their muscle and size to win rather then their spirit and mind.

Quote:
I am not aware of the incident where Rocky faced and beat a 254lb opponent but I do know it wasn't in a sanctioned professional boxing match and I have the sneaky suspicion that it was an oaf That incident were it true (educate me anyway) is not at all valid and Rocky's performance against 200+ opponents is 0%!
He did and smashed the 254 giant too. He was so big he was easy to hit. 200lb+ Lee Savold,Joe Louis,Don ****ell and plenty of others.

Quote:
Now we come to the sick part of your post...

Hardest hitter ever, it'll be slaughter? That doesn't even deserve a response, it's just ****in crazy and you cannot seriously swallow that rubbish! That Little Marciano is the hardest hitter ever and would slaughter the HW champion lol!
Behind Young Foreman. What I mean't in regards to slaughter is that Sanders and Brewster smashed him to pieces and they were bums. Marciano is a ATG in punching power and stamina, if we take these two components put them into a ring with a fighter who was KO'd by bums he would be slaughtered.

Quote:
I never said Rocky's balance was superior, I said it was good against his opponents, but if he ever took real HW punches and was roughed up by one he would be put off balance! His balance was good for a 190lb fighter, Wlad's balance is great for a 245lb fighter! Fighters are more balanced these days, te 6'6" guys from Rocks era were oafs, today they are balanced!

I can't "prove" it since I don't have a time machine but in no way can you conclude that Rock has better balance than a modern HW by ANY twist of words or facts!
You don't need too I will.

"no way can you conclude that Rock has better balance than a modern HW by ANY twist of words or facts"
He was never KO'd by big men 200+ 220+ 250+ infact he was never put on the floor by them either so what you're saying is laughable which in your own words "Rocky was balanced agreed. Rocky's balance would be shattered if he got roughed up by a modern HW" As you can see this is incredibly wrong.

You said his he would only be unbalance if he was hit by a modern HW fighter but you agreed apart from that he was balanced. Ok the first thing is he was never hurt by big men as I stated above,second thing with regards of him never being hurt by big men he would maintain his balance throughout the fight.

Now if we look at Wladimir vs David Haye he was off balance on multiple occasions and that was due to Haye being smaller and moving.

Now if we look at the evidence is it clear that Rocky has the superior balance and that Wladimir will have a hard time hitting him.
SP_Mauler is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-2013, 03:14 AM   #1742
SP_Mauler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Wladimir will hit him at will you idiot, he has speed, timing, accuracy, range, technique, footwork, strategy that Rocky never dreamed of and power to knock him straight out and chin to take even his hardest shots in the freak event that Rocky could even land a single punch at all! And style wise, Rocky will march straight forward to his death just like another punch bag I know of.

THAT IS what's clear! lol

But you win I give up answering to this BS lol.
If that was true when he wouldn't have lost to bums..
Old 06-10-2013, 05:08 AM   #1743
SP_Mauler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Brewster and Sanders were no bums. Puritty was sure. Point is, after all those losses he learned something from it and transformed himself into something closer to invincible each time until now, he virtually is! And hasn't been defeated since! THAT is a true champion. To be down and out but to pick up the pieces and come back stronger than ever! To take anything away from someone who's lost 3 times out of 63 under the circumstances it occurred under as well is pretty ****ed!

Your Marciano was fortunate not to have tasted defeat. I wonder how he would have handled it! Wlad demonstratably passed this test!
What do you think he learnt? from watching then and now
Old 06-10-2013, 07:27 AM   #1744
SP_Mauler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
He learned to pace himself properly and to maintain himself in top condition so he didn't gas again like against Puritty.

He learned how to better manage his steroid administration so he didn't nearly slip into a coma like against Brewster.

He learned to maintain a rock solid defence and put his safety first so he doesn't get knocked out again like against Sanders.

Since then he's never gassed out, never suffered a pathological condition and never been knocked out! And he's now more experienced than Marciano ever was and has more wins against real HW's than Rocky ever did!

Wlad=Champ!

Old 12-13-2013, 11:54 AM   #1745
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Seamus is online now  Top
Old 12-13-2013, 12:22 PM   #1746
he grant
Historian/Film Maker
East Side Guru

Rocky uses his superior jab and speed to out box Wlad to an easy decision victory ..
he grant is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2013, 04:11 PM   #1747
jowcol
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Jeez o pete another 'different eras' matchup. You're all tired of hearing my 'era' mantra but please! A prime 1952 Wlad vs. a prime 2002 Rock? We could go on and on. In my limited opinion the ONLY legitimate 'era' comparison would be between prime fighters 10-15 years apart. That being said, a 1962 prime Marciano-Frazier might well have been the greatest fight of all time! My somewhat limited $0.02
jowcol is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2013, 04:41 PM   #1748
HerolGee
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Wlad has a good style with which to withstand Rocky, but winning is another matter. His size is oni his side because it helps keep rocky away from his chin so he has a good chance BUT the big bogie is his chin, which needs a split second to crack.

Marciano doesn't actually land very often with his wild style but he has KO power. Will he land? It only needs to be once. That's Wlad big bogie.

Marcianos problem is closing the gap. Can he close the gap over 12 rounds? Wlad needs to keep him at bay and keep jabbing all that time to win, since Rocky wont tire in the way that Wlads usual fatboys do. Wlad cant unload until Rocky tires, the risk is too great. But that dosnt mean he cant win it on points. I don't think Wlad hits enough in his run away mode to hurt Rocky for TKO either.
HerolGee is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2013, 05:13 PM   #1749
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerolGee View Post
I don't think Wlad hits enough in his run away mode to hurt Rocky for TKO either.
This, Wlad hits like a girl.
Old 12-13-2013, 05:41 PM   #1750
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru

vCash: 93

A guy who can't and is afraid to fight against the tougest most relentless fighting machine of all time?

Cut me a break please.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Old 12-13-2013, 08:03 PM   #1751
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
A guy who can't and is afraid to fight against the tougest most relentless fighting machine of all time?

Cut me a break please.
Waldo's almost 38 now which would be prime for the wee fellow. Too bad Waldo wasnt once s ligjtheavy because that would seal the deal.
Old 12-13-2013, 08:14 PM   #1752
Monty90
Journeyman

These comparison's are utterly pointless, as was said above you can maybe go a couple of decades back to compare otherwise you are comparing a giant to a relative midget and the giant is supposed to run..
Monty90 is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2013, 07:01 AM   #1753
Foxy 01
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Lets see EXACTLY who these bugs and earwigs were that were beaten by Marciano, and weighed 240+, stood 6'6" with an 81" reach.

I suspect they were the kind of shit that either Klitchko would only use to carry their spit buckets.
Foxy 01 is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2013, 10:11 AM   #1754
fists of fury
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1887

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy 01 View Post

I suspect they were the kind of shit that either Klitchko would only use to carry their spit buckets.
Shit like Alex Leapai, a part-time fighter and forklift driver who that Adonis of a man is now fighting for the Heavyweight Championship? For shame.
fists of fury is offline  Top
Old 12-14-2013, 01:49 PM   #1755
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fists of fury View Post
Shit like Alex Leapai, a part-time fighter and forklift driver who that Adonis of a man is now fighting for the Heavyweight Championship? For shame.
I'd give Leapai a fair chance to KO ****ell quicker than Marciano did.

Anyhow, it's clear and quite shameful that Waldo is in coast gear. I wish both brothers would retire today. The Povetkin bout had all the makings of the best heavy match for some time and Waldo took an unconscionably safe route to victory AFTER cold****ing Alex with a single hook, something no one had ever done in his long career (so far as I know)....

Anyways, wake me up when both these guys are retired.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum