Old 06-20-2007, 03:57 AM   #16
Fat Tony
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Erdei targets Roy Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhataRock
Erdei impressed me once, he beat a good fighter who beat a great fighter.
Since then he has looked pretty average and his level of opposition has gotten progressively worse. Even then he needs soft stoppages to get a KO.
He looked average? He looked quite impressive in his last four fights.
He's feather-fisted, that's why he needs soft stoppages.
But, of course, three out of his last four opponents were bums (WBO #14-15) and the other (Ullrich) isn't world class either.
I hope we'll see some meaningful fights in the future, but I highly doubt it. I think he could beat any other LHW - instead of Dawson.
Fat Tony is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2007, 04:13 AM   #17
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 166

You answered your own question there, he has fought very very poor opponants of late, and struggled to put them away or really go after them. Thats not impressive if you ask me.
Im aussie but Paul Murdoch should not be in the same room as a title belt, let alone fighting for one. He was unranked by the WBO and I imagine Kohl just simply asked the WBO to rank him so they could fight.

He went life and death wtih Sahnoune and Garay. They are acceptable opponants, especially Garay, but he looked bad in those fights. He seemed truly bothered by their styles, and I think his recent choice in opponants reflects his management's lack of confidance in him.
WhataRock is offline  Top
Old 06-20-2007, 04:48 AM   #18
Fat Tony
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhataRock
You answered your own question there, he has fought very very poor opponants of late, and struggled to put them away or really go after them. Thats not impressive if you ask me.
Im aussie but Paul Murdoch should not be in the same room as a title belt, let alone fighting for one. He was unranked by the WBO and I imagine Kohl just simply asked the WBO to rank him so they could fight.

He went life and death wtih Sahnoune and Garay. They are acceptable opponants, especially Garay, but he looked bad in those fights. He seemed truly bothered by their styles, and I think his recent choice in opponants reflects his management's lack of confidance in him.
Murdoch is one of the three bums I mentioned.
Erdei's style is not made to knock opponents out. Mayweather doesn't knock anyone out either and he's p4p#1.
I think he has improved since the Garay fights. He looks much sharper
and his stamina has improved considerably.
Against Sahoune he suffered from an injured rib, a very, very painful issue.
I don't think his management lacks confidence in him. (TV channell) ZDF does a pretty good job misinforming the German audience that these opponents are severe, world class ones. Erdei is not a big draw in Germany, he often fights on the undercard of Regina Halmich or Felix Sturm. His management is quite happy with the status quo, they are not interested to take any risks or paying big money for Roy Jones etc.

Once again:
His opponents are not acceptable! Yet I do think he could make some serious noise in the division. But unfortuneatly those big fights won't happen.
Fat Tony is offline  Top
Old 06-20-2007, 05:01 AM   #19
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 166

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Tony
Mayweather doesn't knock anyone out either and he's p4p#1.
Thats stretching it mate.
Mayweather is a natural lightweight who has been moving up to chase $$ and greatness, and who doesnt stop his opponants generally because of their high quality.

I agree Erdei doesnt have a KO style but if he wants to endear himself to the German public, make best of what you got. If you have an average opponant in front of you, put him away and impressively. Erdei has shown glimpses of power before. I must say I havent been wowed or impressed with his form of late, the Ulrich fight was slightly entertaining but in the others he looked like he was sleep walking through it, such was the ease of the fights for him.
WhataRock is offline  Top
Old 06-20-2007, 05:26 AM   #20
pioterbezkitu
Juan Manuel Marquez
ESB Senior Member

I hate when decent guys in their prime call out a complete shot fighter after fighting ton of bums
pioterbezkitu is offline  Top
Old 06-20-2007, 08:17 AM   #21
Darien
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

The Murdoch fight was acceptable as Zsolt had a life-and-death battle right before that. It was more like a tune up. But I have to agree that his last two opponents (Santiago, Blades) did not deserve a world title shot.
Darien is offline  Top
Old 05-15-2013, 09:17 AM   #22
Imperial1
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny in Dallas View Post
What about a rematch with Gonzalez, the man he took the title from?
Uh Gonzales is no longer with us RIP !
Imperial1 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum