Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 02-08-2014, 05:47 PM   #1
MaatjMike

vCash: 500
Default How to gain muscles while boxing

Hellow guys, is it even possible? I train 3 times a week + 2 times running and when i tried weight lifting between my boxing trainings then I was too slow (because of muscle regeneration etc). So I find it really hard to gain some muscles while I am boxing. But from the new year I am in Juniors age class and there is weight class only 64 and then 69kg. Until now I was in 66 so I need to gain about 3 kg to 69kg but I don't want to gain fat. There are a lot of boxers with muscular body and not even in heavy weight so how the hell are they doing it without losing their speed etc? For example Tim Bradley has perfect muscular body. Or Wladimir Klitschsko was as young very skinny, so how could he get so muscular just from boxing? Sorry for my bad english guys and thank you for your advices.
MaatjMike is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2014, 07:08 PM   #2
cross_trainer
Bergeron Avatar Club
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: How to gain muscles while boxing

1) Lift 2 days a week, without a huge amount of work each time. Squats or deadlifts, rows, and some sort of bench press should be enough, really.

2) Eat a LOT of good food.

3) Work into it gradually. Start off adding a single weight workout. Add another when you no longer feel overworked.

4) I'll repeat: eat a LOT of good food. To pull off multiple workouts per day (morning and evening, with weights generally in the mornings and boxing/running in the evenings), you really need tons of calories.

5) Leave at least one day for complete rest.

6) Although I alluded to it above, I'll just state more explicitly that your weight training should EITHER be (1) your only workout that day, or (2) done in the mornings, with other work as late in the evening as you can get to give your muscles recovery time.
cross_trainer is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2014, 08:08 AM   #3
ant-man
ant
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cross_trainer View Post
1) Lift 2 days a week, without a huge amount of work each time. Squats or deadlifts, rows, and some sort of bench press should be enough, really.

2) Eat a LOT of good food.

3) Work into it gradually. Start off adding a single weight workout. Add another when you no longer feel overworked.

4) I'll repeat: eat a LOT of good food. To pull off multiple workouts per day (morning and evening, with weights generally in the mornings and boxing/running in the evenings), you really need tons of calories.

5) Leave at least one day for complete rest.

6) Although I alluded to it above, I'll just state more explicitly that your weight training should EITHER be (1) your only workout that day, or (2) done in the mornings, with other work as late in the evening as you can get to give your muscles recovery time.
I think what he means is sit down with a calculator and work out exactly how many calories you need to consume to achieve your desired weight.

The guys you mention didn't just suddenly acquire great physiques. They got them through years of intelligent training and hard graft. Good luck with your training.
ant-man is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2014, 09:52 AM   #4
MrMagic
Super Six
East Side VIP

Not to burst your bubble, but Klitschko's are heavy PED users.

But, of course.. you can gain weight, make sure you eat proper food, you won't gain 20lbs of muscles within a few years like Klitschko, but you will gain some.
Just look at Wladimir, he enters his training camps weighing around 230lbs, and he can weigh in at 245lbs ripped and ready to go.
MrMagic is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2014, 02:17 PM   #5
ant-man
ant
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMagic View Post
Not to burst your bubble, but Klitschko's are heavy PED users.

But, of course.. you can gain weight, make sure you eat proper food, you won't gain 20lbs of muscles within a few years like Klitschko, but you will gain some.
Just look at Wladimir, he enters his training camps weighing around 230lbs, and he can weigh in at 245lbs ripped and ready to go.
This goes without saying. It's pro sport..
ant-man is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing