Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2014, 03:53 AM   #1
homer
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 135
vCash: 1000
Default Australian promoters

Is Australia the only country where the promoters only put fighters on who sell tickets & tables to there fights?. Does this practise go on in other country's does anybody know? It's would be like Billy SLatter having to sell tickets to a storm game.
homer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2014, 04:24 AM   #2
KelandBeave
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 386
vCash: 75
Default Re: Australian promoters

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer View Post
Is Australia the only country where the promoters only put fighters on who sell tickets & tables to there fights?. Does this practise go on in other country's does anybody know? It's would be like Billy SLatter having to sell tickets to a storm game.
Have you seen some of the local talent on foxsports fight night? Hardly comparable to Billy Slater mate
KelandBeave is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 05:10 AM   #3
homer
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 135
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Australian promoters

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelandBeave View Post
Have you seen some of the local talent on foxsports fight night? Hardly comparable to Billy Slater mate
The time they put in at training for a few grand reward then to sell tickets doesn't matter how good you are. Fighters fight promoters promote.
homer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 11:45 AM   #4
KelandBeave
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 386
vCash: 75
Default Re: Australian promoters

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer View Post
The time they put in at training for a few grand reward then to sell tickets doesn't matter how good you are. Fighters fight promoters promote.
Some women playing sport also put in a lot of effort but are unrewarded.

It's a supply and demand thing here in Australia......... Local boxing doesn't generate the money to be paid handsomely, until you understand that there's no point in discussing it further
KelandBeave is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 08:17 PM   #5
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OLYMPUS
Posts: 10,015
vCash: 346
Default Re: Australian promoters

If a show is in Sydney and the fighter is from Sydney he basically sells tables worth his amount in purse, plus he is given tables to sell to pay for his opponent. The downside of this is that the guy selling the tables also gets to hand pick his opponent. This has been going on for a very long time and has even see miss-matched AUS title bouts take place.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 08:34 PM   #6
homer
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 135
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Australian promoters

[quote=KelandBeave;16005689]Some women playing sport also put in a lot of effort but are unrewarded.

It's a supply and demand thing here in Australia......... Local boxing doesn't generate the money to be paid handsomely, until you understand that there's no point in discussing it further[/

Read the post again in it there's no mention of complaining about money. I simply high light the fact that a lot of boxers have to sell tickets & tables. And I asked does any body know if this happens in other country's ? So you haven't answered any of my questions. So until you understand my simple post there's no point discussing it with you. Cheers
homer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 10:52 PM   #7
raff
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,286
vCash: 1090
Default Re: Australian promoters

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
If a show is in Sydney and the fighter is from Sydney he basically sells tables worth his amount in purse, plus he is given tables to sell to pay for his opponent. The downside of this is that the guy selling the tables also gets to hand pick his opponent. This has been going on for a very long time and has even see miss-matched AUS title bouts take place.
Is that true?
raff is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 01:35 AM   #8
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OLYMPUS
Posts: 10,015
vCash: 346
Default Re: Australian promoters

For the most part yes. Ive had first hand dealings with such a situation
TCboxa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 04:59 AM   #9
homer
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 135
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Australian promoters

Quote:
Originally Posted by raff View Post
Is that true?
Is raff. Barry Raff ? if so you should Know how the boxing business works. The saying goes sell one table & I will get you a fight sell two tables & I will get you a win. That's how a lot of promoters work. Not all of them & putting fights on is no easy task its a hard gig to pull off but if you choose to do it you should have a business plan that does not involve boxers selling tables.

BUT does this practice happen else where? That's all I ask
homer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013