Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 02-15-2014, 08:05 AM   #16
lencoreastside
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Will Scott Quigg vs Carl Frampton ever happen ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fra View Post
santa cruz has already stated he will fite in ireland... goldenboy reps will be at the odyssey 2 experience the atmosphere of a frampton fite... they will b sure 2 want more...but atm quigg needs frampton more than frampton needs quigg
Is it true that lsc has actually said he is willing to come to Ireland?

I know he wants to fight Carl, but I never (before your post) heard about Leo being willing to come to Carls backyard. He doesn't have to. The money would have to be huge.
lencoreastside is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2014, 10:19 AM   #17
fra
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpy View Post
What does quigg need frampton for?
because hes fiting nobodys for shit money... whereas frampton headlining huge shows in belfast and earning big...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lencoreastside View Post
Is it true that lsc has actually said he is willing to come to Ireland?

I know he wants to fight Carl, but I never (before your post) heard about Leo being willing to come to Carls backyard. He doesn't have to. The money would have to be huge.
its been stated in some local newspapers... telegraph or irish news cant remember which 1
fra is offline  Top
Old 02-15-2014, 10:34 AM   #18
Undisputed P4P
esb FBL & FIFA 12 champ
ESB Addict

vCash: 100

quigg has a paper world title, he is not the legitimate WBA world champion, that is rigo. to me he is still and iterim champion. with that being the case it isn't strong enough to tempt frampton to come and fight him.

framptons goal is to be a world champion not to beat scott quigg. they offered kiko the fight, he said no not yet, and the team think that once framptons mandatory came along kiko would fight quigg in a unification fight to delay the mandatory defence.

there isn't much between santa cruz and frampton, it would be a 50-50 fight. leo won't come to ireland to defend his belt but carl has said he doesn't mind fighting leo in america. the next step for leo is to headline his own show having fought on floyds and mares' undercard. a fight with carl will make that all possible.

the best possible scenario for carl would become mandotary for the wbc, then he has a wait for 9 months as mijares is fighting leo and is mandatory. to help sell the fight carl could get himself on a leo undercard to help sell the fight and make an impression on the U.S market. Santa Cruz vs Frampton in early 2015 at the barclays centre would be massive. I don't think it would have trouble selling out with the mexican and irish population in new york.
Undisputed P4P is offline  Top
Old 02-15-2014, 11:07 AM   #19
sharpy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Last I heard Santa Cruz had stated he didn't know much about either frampton or quigg I didn't know he had said he was willing to fight in Ireland and I'd be surprised if this is true. As for quigg I don't think he is on shite money and really he can pick virtually anyone in the division to fight. He could easily go on to fight rigo although it would be a silly thing to do, or he can fight kiko and have 2 titles. Even if you say 1 is paper it's still more paper titles than frampton gets for beating up feather weights and he won't be waiting around almost 12 months for big fights
sharpy is offline  Top
Old 02-15-2014, 11:58 AM   #20
Brixton Bomber
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Joe.G does not want ANY part of Frampton.

Just listen to him when he gets asked about him - He's straight on the defensive! Quigg would get badly outclassed and stopped by Carl.
Brixton Bomber is online now  Top
Old 02-15-2014, 11:59 AM   #21
lencoreastside
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fra View Post
because hes fiting nobodys for shit money... whereas frampton headlining huge shows in belfast and earning big...

its been stated in some local newspapers... telegraph or irish news cant remember which 1
Thanks for your reply, Fra
Old 02-15-2014, 12:32 PM   #22
bailey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 355

Not sure it will happen. Cant see a reason to say I dont think it will, but it seems to have been talked about for so long, that I only think it will happen if one of them losses, which often seems the case
bailey is online now  Top
Old 02-16-2014, 12:45 PM   #23
Southpawology
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Is it true that lsc has actually said he is willing to come to NORTHERN Ireland?

Corrected that for yaah
Southpawology is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2014, 01:20 PM   #24
lencoreastside
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpawology View Post
Corrected that for yaah
Well I think the "Northern" bit is a given.
Doubt the Odessy atmosphere could be duplicated down South (O2 Dublin perhaps??) Indoor arenas are scarce, and generally not great in Ireland. Outdoor? What - in this climate??
Old 02-16-2014, 01:22 PM   #25
Solaris
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Will only happen if they go to purse bids. Neither will fight on the others channel.

Really is that simple.
Solaris is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2014, 01:36 PM   #26
murphman22
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

It will happen at some point bit maybe not until one of them has lost and/or shown weaknesses, making them easier to negotiate with. The alternative is that they both hold LEGITIMATE world titles and have a unification bout which makes a packet. However, at this moment Quigg isn't a big enough name and Frampton brings large support from his regional fanbase so it is unlikely to reach Froch/Groves proportions.

I would favour Frampton to be honest. Looks to have a bit more and potential to find more as well. The Martinez fight was impressive, especially given subsequent bouts involving the Spaniard. I wouldn't rule Quigg put though.

A bugbear of mine is Eddie Hearn yapping in the whole thing. When he was Franpton's promoter it was all 'Scott Quigg is a good boxing and a nice guy but make no mistake Frampton will beat him'. Now that they have both crossed the water Eddie knows he cannot just state that Quigg will win but he incessantly pulls outs 'lets not forget that Quigg is a world champion'. Lets be honest, Quigg is not a world champion. He os nothing more than the WBA's version of a WBC silver champion. The belt means nothing. See here for a list of actual holders of the four major sanctioning bodies belt [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Don't get me wrong, Eddie is no mug but it is pathetic how he goes on sometimes. We said that he was delighted that Barker reached his goal of being a World Champion. But then said that when he was surveying the options he knew that Barker couldn't beat Golovkin and that Martinez and Quillan were less than winnable fights so he manoverved Barker to fight Geale. Fair play, but don't call Barker world champion, he just has a belt
murphman22 is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2014, 07:26 PM   #27
Brodie123
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quigg camp do not want this fight frampton is the ideal person to expose Scott's weaknesses and flaws.
Brodie123 is offline  Top
Old 02-17-2014, 02:05 PM   #28
lencoreastside
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie123 View Post
Quigg camp do not want this fight frampton is the ideal person to expose Scott's weaknesses and flaws.
What weaknesses and flaws in Quigg are you referring to Brodie?
I think Quigg is very good, but I do agree Carl probably beats him alright.
Just want your views, thats all.
Old 02-17-2014, 02:13 PM   #29
second to none
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphman22 View Post
It will happen at some point bit maybe not until one of them has lost and/or shown weaknesses, making them easier to negotiate with. The alternative is that they both hold LEGITIMATE world titles and have a unification bout which makes a packet. However, at this moment Quigg isn't a big enough name and Frampton brings large support from his regional fanbase so it is unlikely to reach Froch/Groves proportions.

I would favour Frampton to be honest. Looks to have a bit more and potential to find more as well. The Martinez fight was impressive, especially given subsequent bouts involving the Spaniard. I wouldn't rule Quigg put though.

A bugbear of mine is Eddie Hearn yapping in the whole thing. When he was Franpton's promoter it was all 'Scott Quigg is a good boxing and a nice guy but make no mistake Frampton will beat him'. Now that they have both crossed the water Eddie knows he cannot just state that Quigg will win but he incessantly pulls outs 'lets not forget that Quigg is a world champion'. Lets be honest, Quigg is not a world champion. He os nothing more than the WBA's version of a WBC silver champion. The belt means nothing. See here for a list of actual holders of the four major sanctioning bodies belt [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Don't get me wrong, Eddie is no mug but it is pathetic how he goes on sometimes. We said that he was delighted that Barker reached his goal of being a World Champion. But then said that when he was surveying the options he knew that Barker couldn't beat Golovkin and that Martinez and Quillan were less than winnable fights so he manoverved Barker to fight Geale. Fair play, but don't call Barker world champion, he just has a belt
Hearn's a complete bullshitter and a fake shocker! Of course he now thinks Quigg wins wouldn't expect anything less, certainly if he was promoting Frampton doubt he'd be calling Quigg a world champion. Anyway in relation to the thread question, No i don't think it will happen, Quigg can make easy money fighting shit defenses of his fake belt on undercards ect, Frampton also has other options in LSC and then who knows point is neither needs the fight atm and i'll be honest by the vibes from both camps but especially from JOE G in particular neither really wants the fight. Frampton if he beats LSC leaves Quigg in the dust in reality he'd be a real champion known in America with a big fanbase, Quigg will need Frampton more then Carl in time to come.
second to none is offline  Top
Old 02-17-2014, 05:42 PM   #30
Brodie123
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
What weaknesses and flaws in Quigg are you referring to Brodie?
I think Quigg is very good, but I do agree Carl probably beats him alright.
Just want your views, thats all.
He can't box on the back foot and also we will see if he has any punch resistance it yet to be tested and I think there's a question mark hangin over this
Brodie123 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum