Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 02-14-2014, 02:04 PM   #1
I Know Everythi
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Chael Sonnen is terrible

Normally, one would say that Chael Sonnen is overrated, but that is not true because every unbiased fan realizes that without his mouth, Sonnen is nothing. It's hard to overrate someone when everyone realizes he is a bum compared to top level fighters. How else did a middleweight coming off a dominating loss get a title shot vs the now pound for pound best fighter in the world, only to get dominated even more easily? Dana White even said there was no one else available to fight Jones at the time and that is the reason Chael got the shot. Implicitly - this shows Sonnen's mouth was working at the right place right time, not that his skills earned him the shot, nor that he backs up what his mouth says. Let's look at Chael's "noteworthy career"

His wins
1) Shogun Rua - Shogun has gone through three knee surgeries and had already been worn down brutally by Jon Jones Gustafson and Dan Henderson. He was a shell of his former self and this is not a valuable win for Sonnen

2) Okami - a man who isn't good enough to be in the UFC anymore. Only notable win is a fortunate DQ vs Silva

3) Bisping - Chael was gifted a decision like he is gifted title shots instead of earning them. Bisping is terrible to begin with he hasn't beaten a notable fighter

4) Nate Marquardt - maybe the best win on Sonnen's resume. Not saying much

5) Wanderlei Silva - he will probably beat Wanderlei considering Wanderlei has been through insane wars time and time again, and is a shell of his former self. Wanderlei even lost to Chris Leben a few years back. Chael beating him is not a notable win.

And that's about it. Brian Stann is not considered a noteworthy win, and (in addition to the wins listed above) none of Chael's other wins came against elite fighters in their prime.

Let's see what happens when Chael actually fights real, prime opponents.
1. Forrest Griffin (loss by sub) 2. Jeremy Horn - (loss by sub, twice) 3. Babalu Sobral (loss by sub) 4. Demain Maia (loss by sub) 5. Broken ribs Silva (loss by sub - despite the fact that Sonnen was juiced out of his mind and failed the drug test) 6. healthy Silva - (completely and utterly destroyed) 7. Rashad Evans (completely and utterly destroyed) 8. Jon Jones (completely and utterly destroyed)

I know certain sheep that have blindly followed the herd behind Chael Sonnen have prepared fallacious arguments to try and legitimize Sonnen as a contender in the UFC, and i will dismantle these weak arguments in the same way legitimate opponents have always dismantled Sonnen in the cage. I fear these sheep will be incapable of handling the truth, because one has to slowly open the eyes of blind sheep in order for them to acknowledge the truth. Opening the eyes of sheep blindly following the herd too quickly may cause these sheep to deny the truth even more vehemently, but it is a risk that has to be taken.

1) Chael was beating Anderson for 4 and a half rounds before he lost. That makes him great. - Nope. Anderson had broken ribs and Chael was roided out of his mind - failing a post fight drug test. Despite the fact that Anderson was injured and Chael had a favorable stylistic matchup as well as roids, Chael could not finish Anderson after 23 minutes of controlling the fight. Anderson controlled the fight for 20 seconds and finished juiced up Chael. Think about that. It only took Anderson 20 seconds of controlling the fight to finish Chael. Juiced up Chael couldn't do the same to Anderson after 23 minutes. Pathetic. That proves Chael's illegitimacy as a top contender. Great fighters don't choke in the big moments like Chael did. Maybe instead of being a wannabe Muhammad Ali or Roy Jones with his (Chael's) pathetic poems, weak trash talk, and rhymes Chael should remember the old adage that skills pay the bills - not roids.

2) Losing every title shot you have ever received doesn't make you an average UFC fighter when you are going against Silva and Jones - It is not that Sonnen lost the fights that makes him an average UFC fighter. It's the manner in which he lost. We already explained how his first fight against Silva doesn't make him great. In the second fight Silva completely decimated Chael now that he was healthy. When Anderson quickly destroyed Chael in the rematch, after Chael's fluke performance in the first fight, he basically turned Chael into the Montell Griffin of MMA. Well, actually that's unfair to Montell Griffin because Montell Griffin could actually compete at a high level in his respective sport.
Then Jon Jones beat Sonnen at his own game within one round and further exposed Chael as a bum with a padded record. This guy has never come close to holding a major championship other than the fake one he carried with him, and a fluke performance against a man with broken ribs. Oh and then Rashad proceeded to further expose this bum by beating Chael at his own game.

3) Oh well Chael has gotten whipped time and time again just like Shogun and Wanderlei so how can you say that a past his prime Sonnen beating a past his prime Shogun/Wanderlei is not impressive - because Chael got whipped against guys like Demian Maia, Babalu Sobral, and Forrest Griffin. These guys don't hold a candle to the upper-level guys that beat Wanderlei or Shogun (Cro Cop, Chuck, Dan Henderson, Jones, Gustaffson)

What has been written is IRREFUTABLE and UNDENIABLE FACT. There is not one false, opinionated, biased or subjective statement that has been written in this flawless masterpiece. Not one. If someone can produce a legitimate argument to refute these flawless and INDISPUTABLE claims (which is impossible) I will respond and congratulate you for proving me wrong. Unfortunately, since that task is impossible, it will never happen. This is wisdom of the highest degree and I have been gracious enough to bless Bleacher Report with my presence. Acknowledge my greatness, otherwise you will prove your own incompetence in the same way Sonnen has proved his incompetence when he fails to back up his mouth against legitimate opponents.

If anyone can miraculously disprove these factual statements (an impossible task) I will respond and recognize their wisdom. Unfortunately, wise people will never attempt to refute the irrefutable, so the chances of me responding to anyone for those reasons do not exist.
I Know Everythi is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2014, 10:36 AM   #2
fatcity
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2433
Default Re: Chael Sonnen is terrible

So true-like most of these "Fighters" in MMA.
fatcity is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2014, 10:37 AM   #3
Aquamarine
Belt holder
ESB Addict

So are your threads.
Aquamarine is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2014, 01:11 PM   #4
EL BULLY
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

This bloke is a ****ing loon.
EL BULLY is offline  Top
Old 02-25-2014, 03:07 AM   #5
KelandBeave
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 75

Too much time on his hands
KelandBeave is offline  Top
Old 02-25-2014, 05:09 AM   #6
UnleashtheFURY
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 116

Yeah he has a big mouth more than anything else.... Most non-casual fans are more than tired of his act....
UnleashtheFURY is offline  Top
Old 02-26-2014, 10:41 AM   #7
TERRYTIBBS
Belt holder
ESB Addict

hardly overated he will fight anyone and before weidman have you ever see anyone dominate silva in the fashion sonnen did?
TERRYTIBBS is offline  Top
Old 02-26-2014, 12:44 PM   #8
Vanboxingfan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

I think he's over-rated too, but unlike you, I don't have time to write a book about it.
Vanboxingfan is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum