boxing

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 03-18-2014, 06:25 PM   #4681
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Favorite/Least Favorite Types of Threads?

I get sick of all the heavyweight discussion. As a thread I started a couple weeks ago proved, it is among the bottom 2 or 3 divisions in regards to excellence and depth.
Seamus is offline  Top
Old 03-18-2014, 06:43 PM   #4682
boxershorts99
Integrity Enforcement

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus View Post
I get sick of all the heavyweight discussion. As a thread I started a couple weeks ago proved, it is among the bottom 2 or 3 divisions in regards to excellence and depth.
Now that's a great point , as the OP stated he must like Marvin Hagler a non heavy. I guess another thread I would like is a SPECIFIC fight score thread rather than the sticky General thread that could be any fight . Since you are bored with heavys discussion , let's go opposite end of the spectrum and say ....
Sal Sanchez vs Ruben Castillo
watch and score etc..
boxershorts99 is offline  Top
Old 03-18-2014, 07:01 PM   #4683
Surf-Bat
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxershorts99 View Post
I would actually like to start a true poster vs troll boxing tourney . I would truly love to make it happen for real like a local radio station has " Fight Night " where listeners can go and actually box each other in a controlled environment .Of course waivers need to be signed to not hold the radio station liable and it's a "enter at your own risk" type policy . Like I said , this is a controlled environment , licensed Professional Refs , judges , cornerman to wrap and gloves of same weight and brand (You have to have your own mouthpiece of course) . 3 rds 2-3min long etc.

This of course is easy for the radio station's local listeners to attend bc it's a local event. This website however reaches way beyond any local level so making it happen would be impossible . I see some people on here probably are older and cannot compete and are here for the actual spirit of the website, love for the sport of boxing and like to share knowledge and opinions and I wouldn't expect them to compete. It would be great for them to able to watch of course. Then there are those who would be itching to compete and would savor the opportunity of facing trolls face to face and beating the chocolate out of them .

I could see so many Trolls hiding behind their keyboards and staying home though or I could see them hiring someone to showup as them . Either way they can send whomever they would like to represent them and I assure there will be PLENTY of takers .
How I would love such a thing Keyboard warriors with bocas grandes are so tiresome. Would be fun to expose the yellow streaks concomitant to that species. I remember Stonehands exposing one, telling him that it would "probably be about 11 beers before you opened your mouth". He was spot-on.
Surf-Bat is offline  Top
Sponsored Links

Old 03-18-2014, 07:04 PM   #4684
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Since you are bored with heavys discussion , let's go opposite end of the spectrum and say ....
Sal Sanchez vs Ruben Castillo
watch and score etc..
Sanchez by 15UD.

Now, is Rocky Marciano the most powerful puncher of all time against Wlad Klitschko or is he underrated? Poll!
Seamus is offline  Top
Old 03-18-2014, 07:08 PM   #4685
boxershorts99
Integrity Enforcement

Old 03-18-2014, 07:13 PM   #4686
Surf-Bat
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Actually, here are a couple of his posts re: Trolls. I thought they were well written:

"You don't accept ****e, but you're quick to sling it.

Let's take a look at you, sitting there in your raggedy chair at home: You -type- that Burt is "arrogant" and "condescending" because he has socks older than you and he's sharp enough to offer opinions that don't come out of last week's Ring magazine. Swarmer is "pretentious" because he speaks up and checks on you on your disrespect. I'm "pretentious" because I speak up and check you on your disrespect.

--And you pretend that you're the one who'd "speak up" if you were in the same room? Something tells me that your belt size ain't enough to boost your confidence. I bet it would take you about eleven beers before you opened your mouth."

And

"When I first got here, there were a group of strong posters out here who knew their stuff and turned trolls inside out. And it wasn't just one or two who jumped on them. Fools weren't suffered -they stayed away because they weren't welcome.

We always had some good fights out here now and then -it's fun to sling shots back and forth; But some of these newer ones have been mucking up the joint since they got here. And I see posters just not wanting to get involved, so they ignore them as if they'll just magically stop or go away. They won't. It encourages them and more **** heads come over from the lounge or the mental home.

Maybe we should check each other more often, because no one else will. ****, I know that Pachilles and PP and even manbearbig can show some knowledge and be funny sometimes, but then they go over the deep-end. Quality control, man, just a little, damn!"
Surf-Bat is offline  Top
Old 03-18-2014, 07:33 PM   #4687
mr. magoo
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
I love watching and discussing heavyweights, but overall I agree. Too many conversations about the big boys, and most of the smaller weight class topics are about Sugar Ray, Marvin, Hagler, Hearns, Duran, etc.. We need to rap more about Benny Leonard, Pernell Whitaker, Homicide Hank, Ray Robinson, Aron Pryor, Alexis Arguello, etc...
mr. magoo is offline  Top
Old 03-18-2014, 07:46 PM   #4688
Surf-Bat
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. magoo View Post
I love watching and discussing heavyweights, but overall I agree. Too many conversations about the big boys, and most of the smaller weight class topics are about Sugar Ray, Marvin, Hagler, Hearns, Duran, etc.. We need to rap more about Benny Leonard, Pernell Whitaker, Homicide Hank, Ray Robinson, Aron Pryor, Alexis Arguello, etc...
Since you're a Chicagoan, I would be more interested in hearing about those boys. Not the obvious ones, but the top notchers from the Windy City who just fall a bit South of being famous- Nate Bolden, Harry Forbes, Eddie Santry, Jimmy Barry, Benny Yanger, Charlie White, Bob Satterfield, Joe Welling, Earl Mastro, Ray Miller, Ever Hammer, etc.
Surf-Bat is offline  Top
Old 03-18-2014, 08:32 PM   #4689
Seamus
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surf-Bat View Post
Since you're a Chicagoan, I would be more interested in hearing about those boys. Not the obvious ones, but the top notchers from the Windy City who just fall a bit South of being famous- Nate Bolden, Harry Forbes, Eddie Santry, Jimmy Barry, Benny Yanger, Charlie White, Bob Satterfield, Joe Welling, Earl Mastro, Ray Miller, Ever Hammer, etc.
Thats a good idea. Start that thread. If the smarter of us start more threads like that, the trolling **** will get diluted and see less attention.
Seamus is offline  Top
Old 03-18-2014, 08:46 PM   #4690
boxershorts99
Integrity Enforcement

Quote:
That's beyond me except for satterfield , so these guys were fringe contenders?

Seamus
Good idea for a filter , you'll even lose my dumb ass , I'd enjoy reading y'all toss it around though.
Old 03-18-2014, 08:56 PM   #4691
mr. magoo
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:

I'd have to do some research before starting a thread like that. Not terribly well schooled on a lot of those guys. But good idea for a conversation.
Old 03-18-2014, 08:57 PM   #4692
mr. magoo
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Thats a good idea. Start that thread. If the smarter of us start more threads like that, the trolling **** will get diluted and see less attention.
And if we can all agree to avoid threads that are STARTED by trolls that would help even further.
Old 03-18-2014, 09:58 PM   #4693
Surf-Bat
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
That's beyond me except for satterfield , so these guys were fringe contenders?
Nope, all TOP guys You can read what Joe Choynski had to say about the great bantamweight champ Jimmy Barry here: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Ray Miller was the only guy to ever KO Jimmy McLarnin. If you've seen McLarnin's record and the type of opposition he fought, you'll see that this was a helluva feat!

Benny Yanger, the "Tipton Slasher", was a top featherweight and good enough to stop Abe Attell and Young Corbett II. He also beat George Dixon.

Ever Hammer was called "My toughest opponent" by none other than Benny Leonard. Lew Tendler and Johnny Dundee had a lot of great things to say about him as well.

Charlie White knocked Benny Leonard through the ropes and almost out of his senses.

Earl Mastro was good enough to make the cover of The Ring:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Surf-Bat is offline  Top
Old 03-18-2014, 10:04 PM   #4694
Surf-Bat
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. magoo View Post
I'd have to do some research before starting a thread like that. Not terribly well schooled on a lot of those guys. But good idea for a conversation.
Get this book by my pal JJ Johnston if you don't already have it. It's a great resource on the less-known fighters. I find myself digging into it constantly

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Surf-Bat is offline  Top
Old 03-18-2014, 11:01 PM   #4695
LittleRed
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 475

I like wool and cotton. Polyester is probably my least favorite.

Obvious joke. It is obvious.
LittleRed is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum