Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 04-01-2014, 07:23 PM   #1
UnleashtheFURY
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Evgeny Orlov is the NEW WBC Asia Council Continental heavyweight champion

Won it from Okello Peter, WHAT A WIN. Home in Mother Russia people are celebrating in the streets by the millions this great, incredibly impressive and significant win, bow down to the NEW WBC Asia Council Continental heavyweight champion of the WORLD.

Last edited by UnleashtheFURY; 04-01-2014 at 07:53 PM.
UnleashtheFURY is online now  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2014, 03:09 AM   #2
Manning
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1449
Default Re: Evgeny Orlov is the NEW WBC Asia Council Continental heavyweight champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrochATG View Post
who is he and that belt name makes no sense unless hes from the asian part of russia
BORKED
Manning is offline  Top
Old 04-02-2014, 03:18 AM   #3
BoxingNL
Dutch P4P Champion
ESB Full Member

vCash: 165
Default Re: Evgeny Orlov is the NEW WBC Asia Council Continental heavyweight champion

I don't quite understand why a Russian and a guy from Uganda (who's residence is in Japan) are fighting for a Asian title. Mark de Mori was the last Belt-holder and he's from Australia (which is Oceania in my view).

I think it's hard to find more then a dozen Asian heavyweights.
BoxingNL is offline  Top
Old 04-02-2014, 04:27 AM   #4
Manning
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1449

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingNL View Post
I don't quite understand why a Russian and a guy from Uganda (who's residence is in Japan) are fighting for a Asian title. Mark de Mori was the last Belt-holder and he's from Australia (which is Oceania in my view).

I think it's hard to find more then a dozen Asian heavyweights.
It's all about rankings really. Despite the geographical name of the title all it really means is a ranking spot within the top 15 with the WBC. There was a similar case recently where Ustinov a Belarusian fought against Tua for the WBA African title. I'm not totally against this practice. At least everybody knows where they stand now. If you're an unranked up and comer simply beat Ustinov or Orlov to get a high ranking.

Derrick Chisora, a Zimbabwean is also the current European champ.
Manning is offline  Top
Old 04-02-2014, 04:59 AM   #5
like a boss
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Just another waste of time belt with no history and probably no future either.
like a boss is offline  Top
Old 04-02-2014, 09:22 AM   #6
chitownfightfan
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrochATG View Post
who is he and that belt name makes no sense unless hes from the asian part of russia
Ummmmmm....Russia is the largest country in Asia.

It encompasses nearly half of the entire land mass of the continent and has a very healthy population.

I'd love to post a slide show on the ever so slight difference in pigment and facial structure as humans change ever so slightly as they start from modern Iraq and spread N S E W.

With the exception of global imperialism, which was mostly the cause of 17th century Great Britain and the mass emigration from Europe to the US during the 19th century, caucasoids, negroids, mongoloids etc can all be directly traced to what is now, MODERN DAY IRAQ.
chitownfightfan is online now  Top
Old 04-02-2014, 09:24 AM   #7
chitownfightfan
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 0

As for the OP......

It's a trinket.....a reminder to whichever US flavor of the day, that the is a stout Russian fighter ready to take that trinket back to EurAsia whenever he sets his sights on it.
chitownfightfan is online now  Top
Old 04-02-2014, 12:13 PM   #8
gary j. stout

vCash: 500

orlov is fat and slow, but he still has an effective busy jab that pressures and grinds his opponent. Also serves as a blinding tool to set up that real slow right. Orlov fought a smart gameplan from distance, puffing the eyes of Peter and grinding him down, making him lose his stamina. The Jab from Orlov was effective as Peter doesn't have much upper body movement and has shitty footwork.
gary j. stout is offline  Top
Old 04-03-2014, 06:57 PM   #9
China Rich
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Orlov rumoured to be facing Toney next, at least a win would get JT a ranking...
China Rich is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum