gmurphy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 704
Default Re: Ukranian Takeover of pros

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggg1989 View Post
Gvozdyk only turned pro a few weeks ago lol

he was still an amateur, who would have been there and would have been favourite for gold had he not been injured.

Mytrfofanov's loss was a big shock I thought he would have won gold at the time, seeing as though they put him in there before khytrov, dervychenko.. Ukraine's coaches obviously thought the same thing.
Id have had Gvozdyk as my 3rd favorite behind La Cruz and Ward
He still lost though and Khytrov lost at the Euro's
I know he only turned pro a few weeks ago ,im just pointing out he wont be representing anymore Ukraine teams
gmurphy is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2014, 10:57 PM   #17
gmurphy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Kazakhstan will never have another tournament like their wc's in their backyard thats for sure
Ukraine would have defo won the world series of boxing had Kazakhstan not had so many foreigners in their squad.. Croatians, ukranians, etc. Ukraines team was completely ukrainians
I know they wont but head for head the Kazakh squad beats Ukraine, if there wasnt wasnt any foreigners on both teams
gmurphy is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2014, 11:19 PM   #18
gmurphy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
I was talking about last years WSB,
I personally think Kazakhstans team is overatted and got hometown gifts at the WC's,and in the WSB they had the final in kazakhstan

but agree to disagree
oh yes last year in the WSB they did get gifts and i agree the Ukraine team should have won, at the worlds they got a few soft decisions but it wasnt no where near as bad as the London olympics, also there boxers seemed to box incredibly well with the home support. I was saying that is you matched the best Kazakh and Ukraine teams right now the Kazakhs would win
gmurphy is offline  Top
Old 04-02-2014, 09:26 AM   #19
chitownfightfan
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Willis View Post
Glazzkock has been disappointing.
Yeah, til he came out in near perfect shape and form and dominated Adamek, the likes of which no HW except Vitali(another Ukrainian) had ever done.
chitownfightfan is offline  Top
Old 04-02-2014, 11:58 AM   #20
gmurphy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrochATG View Post
that cuban is a quality fighter but I hope he doesn't turn pro he'd have a horrible style for the pros and would be really boring to watch
He can fight on the front foot and very aggressivly when he knows his against lesser opposition, when his against the elite of the division eg Ward ,Ivanov he just throws jabs and back tracks the entire fight. This tactic is extremely effective for him though as his hand and foot speed and ridiculous and his defensive movement is some of the best you will ever seen. However his terrible to watch when he boxes like this, I suspect his chin isnt great as he doesnt seem to want to engage at all with opponents of quality and was rocked by the Croatian Sep in the WSB.

In saying that his one of the most talented boxers iv ever seen
gmurphy is offline  Top
Old 04-02-2014, 07:36 PM   #21
Kevin Willis
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 295

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownfightfan View Post
Yeah, til he came out in near perfect shape and form and dominated Adamek, the likes of which no HW except Vitali(another Ukrainian) had ever done.
I guess he is held to higher standard in my book.

Adamek is on the downside of his career and you must have missed Glazz****'s fortunate draw against Malik Scott and his next fight when he got tagged repeatedly by that stubby former Cruiserwight with a crap top of losses.

I suppose he could pick up a title one day but he is nothing more than a solid HW. I suppose that is good enough for most. Especially when one of them is a David Rodriguez sack swinger.
Kevin Willis is offline  Top
Old 04-03-2014, 06:53 AM   #22
Livershot09
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 15016

Any news on Kashtanov?
Livershot09 is offline  Top
Old 04-03-2014, 07:58 AM   #23
Vysotskyy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmurphy View Post
Who were they missing at the europeans apart from Gvozdyk?

at middleweight they do have good strength in depth but Mytrofanov ,Khytrov's replacement didnt medel at WC 2013. Also Ganzulia isnt as good as Gvozdyk is. The Ukrainian team that had Lomachenko,Butsenko,
Berinchyk ,Shelestyuk,Khytrov, Gvozdyk and Usyk was the strongest in world boxing for a two year period it was a golden generation. But now id put Kazakhstan,Cuba and Russia ahead of Ukraine and you could argue that some other countries are on par to. I dont argue that Ukraine is one o the strongest amateur boxing nations in the world what i was not agreeing with is when someone said they are the best, they arent at this moment
Derevyanchenko has been estranged from the Ukrainian Federation since 2011, he was fighting in WSB and won the MW Championship which earned him a Olympic license but Khytrov ended up winning Gold at WC and they could only send one to London. It was a gamble on Sergei's part but understanably they chose Khytrov who had been fighting for the National team and won a much harder competition in the WC. Derevyanchenko still felt screwed over but only has himself to blame imo.

I agree Ganzulja isn't as good as Gvozdyk is right now but i really like him and think he can be an elite LHW. At World's he lost 2-1 to Cruz in a very competitive fight where he got sucked into a counterpunching chessmatch but still held his own. He is an athletic, quick, strong boxer/puncher but versetyle with the ability to fight at any range and can also pressure or counterpuncher very well. He gassed against Benchabla in WSB similar to Ward last season but with better endurance he would comfortably handle him.

Kazakhstan's team is spectacular right now my favourites being Alimkhanuly, Yeleussinov and Levit i hope all three turn pro. Levit would be an awesome addition to CW and if we had Alimkhanuly, Chebotarev, Quigley, Mytrofanov along with Khytov and Murata MW would be ridiculous in the future.
Vysotskyy is offline  Top
Old 04-03-2014, 10:43 AM   #24
Aquamarine
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Now this was a great HW:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Aquamarine is offline  Top
Old 04-03-2014, 05:36 PM   #25
Vysotskyy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquamarine View Post
Now this was a great HW:

Yes one of the best from the Soviet era he died last year unfortunately.

Yagubkin fight starts at 14:00 and continues in second video until 8:00

The SHW afterwards staring at 8:00 is Vyacheslav Yakovlev he beat Lennox Lewis at the 1985 World Cup. Yagubkin beat Michael Bent to win the same torunament.

Last edited by Vysotskyy; 04-03-2014 at 06:06 PM.
Vysotskyy is offline  Top
Old 04-04-2014, 12:16 AM   #26
I Have Knowledg
Calzaghe's number 1 Fan
ESB Jr Member

Lomachenko amateur record 400-1 , pro record 1-1
I Have Knowledg is offline  Top
Old 04-22-2014, 07:02 PM   #27
Livershot09
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 15016

What's the latest on Platov, Kucher, and Kashtanov?
Livershot09 is offline  Top
Old 05-28-2014, 03:17 PM   #28
GEKA

Most titled fighter from WSB series Sergey Derevyanchenko officially signed with Fight Promotions and Dibella Entertainment
GEKA is offline  Top
Old 05-28-2014, 05:32 PM   #29
gmurphy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysotskyy View Post
Derevyanchenko has been estranged from the Ukrainian Federation since 2011, he was fighting in WSB and won the MW Championship which earned him a Olympic license but Khytrov ended up winning Gold at WC and they could only send one to London. It was a gamble on Sergei's part but understanably they chose Khytrov who had been fighting for the National team and won a much harder competition in the WC. Derevyanchenko still felt screwed over but only has himself to blame imo.

I agree Ganzulja isn't as good as Gvozdyk is right now but i really like him and think he can be an elite LHW. At World's he lost 2-1 to Cruz in a very competitive fight where he got sucked into a counterpunching chessmatch but still held his own. He is an athletic, quick, strong boxer/puncher but versetyle with the ability to fight at any range and can also pressure or counterpuncher very well. He gassed against Benchabla in WSB similar to Ward last season but with better endurance he would comfortably handle him.

Kazakhstan's team is spectacular right now my favourites being Alimkhanuly, Yeleussinov and Levit i hope all three turn pro. Levit would be an awesome addition to CW and if we had Alimkhanuly, Chebotarev, Quigley, Mytrofanov along with Khytov and Murata MW would be ridiculous in the future.

Ganzulja lost 3-0 to De La Cruz it wasnt 2-1
gmurphy is offline  Top
Old 05-30-2014, 02:02 AM   #30
BoxingNL
Dutch P4P Champion
ESB Full Member

vCash: 165

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEKA View Post
Most titled fighter from WSB series Sergey Derevyanchenko officially signed with Fight Promotions and Dibella Entertainment
Seen some of his work in the WSB. Another good middleweight. Looking forward to his pro debut.
BoxingNL is online now  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum