Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 05-03-2014, 05:26 AM   #196
Canis Lupus

vCash: 500
Default Re: Robert Helenius

The Finnish newspapers have reported Sauerlands new agreement proposal to Helenius. They offer him an agreement to year 2016. Thats what they intended to pay him for a fight.
Pay him 25000 in case there is no title at stake (Now Helenius gets 15000)
Pay him 40000 for a Districtial Championship (Nordic Champioship?)
Pay him 50000 for defending any Distictial Championship
Pay him 75000 for EBU (European Championship)
Pay him 100000 for Defending his European Championship.
Pay him 50000 for The WM Contender fight (Fighting Klitschko?)
Now he is not gettin that much, Now the normal lowest they pay is 15000 for a fight!
Canis Lupus is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2014, 07:34 AM   #197
vituman

I hope that he will never fight under Sauerland. Whole S-team is a joke.
vituman is offline  Top
Old 05-03-2014, 08:10 AM   #198
Canis Lupus

Robert Helenius has refused to sign the new contract proposals by the Sauerland. Finnish newspaper Ilta-Sanomat reveals now what kind of agreement the German stall wants Helenius to sign.

The former number one contender of Wladimir Klitschko Robert Helenius has not been boxing over a year. The last time he got into the ring was in March 2013 against the British Michael Sprott. Last fall when Helenius moved from Germany to Finland. In a turbulent press conference Helenius expressed his desire to break away from his agreement with the Sauerland. Helenius and Sauerland have ever since been negotiating with each other. They were near reaching an agreement and Helenius was supposed to get into the ring against Ukrainian Yaroslav Zavorotny the 3rd. of May in Berlin .

Now Helenius refused to sign the fight agreement offered by the Sauerland. At the same time, he has refused to sign the agreement that would ensure him to continue as a Sauerland fighter the next three years.

1) Contract Length
Sauerland wants Helenius to sign and confirm that his original contract is in force until the end of 2014. In addition, Sauerland would have the option to extend the contract for two years until the end of 2016. The original promotional agreement with Helenius, has a expiry date of 31.12.2013. Accordig to Sauerland, the agreement includes notches which will automatically extend the agreement due to a number of injuries suffered by Helenius.

Now the new agreement proposal says: ”Helenius and Sauerland expressively agree that due to the medical inability of Helenius to great parts in 2012 and in 2013 the initial period of the promotional agreement shall be extended by 12 mounths until 31.12.2014”.

The coach of Helenius, his father Karl says that injury notches are not valid. His interpretation of the agreement is that it is terminated because Sauerland has never announced they want to use the option. This would mean that Helenius is a free agent and can fight in events promoted by anyone.

2) The Amount of Reward
Sauerland had defined match reward of Helenius in the original contract. The new arrangement determins the lowest premium class to be increased from 15000 to 25000 euros.

Karl Helenius says this is however inadequate compensation now, because after moving back to Finland Helenius has been responsible for his own training expenses. When Helenius lived in Germany Sauerland offered him training conditions for free. Now Robert would have to pay for his two coaches, as well as the sparring partners and pay the whole bunch of people. He would loose money in every fight he takes and would still owe Sauerland money says Karl Helenius.
(Accordig to Sauerland he already owes them some 50000)

3) The Manager
When Robert Helenius signed a contract with Sauerland in 2007 at the same time he made an management agreement with Wilfried Sauerland. Today the stable is owned by his sons Kalle and Nisse. Sauerland wants Helenius also to confirm the continuation of the management agreement. The agreement requires that Helenius will have to pay 30 % of his match fees to the father Sauerland.

Don King used in the past to similar kind of arragement with his boxers. The manager of his boxers was his adopted son, Carl. Normally manager's role is to take care of the boxer interests. ”In the beginning of the contract period the sons were not even owners of the team. Then Wilfried Sauerland should have been negotiating on the behalf of Robert with Wilfried Sauerland to ensure his boxer interests”: says Karl Helenius.
Old 05-03-2014, 11:07 AM   #199
raksa
Journeyman

vCash: 1000

Good post Canis Lupus!

50000 € for title eliminator match-up? minus all those other costs and taxes.

"The agreement requires that Helenius will have to pay 30 % of his match fees to the father Sauerland. "

Manager who should fight for boxers rights is father Sauerland. Unbelievable.

Robert is maybe the best finnish boxer ever and his career is goind down heavily by Sauerland. Interesting to see how this all shit will end.
raksa is offline  Top
Old 05-03-2014, 02:43 PM   #200
Canis Lupus

Helenius Coach Karl Helenius announced today that he is trying to get Robert in the Super 8 boxing in Nz. June 4th. That would be a great move!
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Old 05-03-2014, 03:15 PM   #201
Canis Lupus

Karl Helenius letter to Chris Meyer The CEO of Sauerland (Published in 3.5.2014 boxing fi)
By no means am I blackmailing you. I'm only going to reveal the truth about your actions to the public. You can read the first chapter on Friday 2.5.2014. The first one concerns the bout contract you sent me. Notice I don't have a contract with you or any other connections. That's why you have to make a report to the Finnish police authority about me. The lawsuit therefore will be handled in Finland at the finnish court.
Best regards, Karl Helenius.
Old 05-05-2014, 05:38 PM   #202
satchmo
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Rumours say, that Helenius might head back to amateurs. The bigger gloves and headgear would be good for his fragile hands.....On the other hand, it feels like a stupid move. No money to be made in the amateurs and he doesnt throw enough punches to win anything big.......
satchmo is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2014, 05:53 PM   #203
Boxed Ears
ESB #1 Name Changer!
East Side VIP

vCash: 26665

Guess what, Helentards. You're never going to beat the Pulev thread. It's never going to happen. Deal with it.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Old 05-06-2014, 02:38 AM   #204
ogii3
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by satchmo View Post
Rumours say, that Helenius might head back to amateurs. The bigger gloves and headgear would be good for his fragile hands.....On the other hand, it feels like a stupid move. No money to be made in the amateurs and he doesnt throw enough punches to win anything big.......
There are no more headguards in amateurs since last year! And AIBA is starting professional series since October with tempting contracts for amateur stars
ogii3 is offline  Top
Old 05-06-2014, 02:44 AM   #205
kywoo
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Really hope Robert gets back in ring as soon as possible..want him to be tested and to fight some big names so that we can see if he is a material for something more.
kywoo is offline  Top
Old 05-06-2014, 03:13 AM   #206
BoxingNL
Dutch P4P Champion
ESB Full Member

vCash: 165

His last match versus Sprott was terrible and boring, but he wasn't 100% at the time.
I really hope he gets in good fighting shape (injury free), and returns soon.
After he Ko'd Sam Peter, I really thought he would be the next big thing ...
BoxingNL is offline  Top
Old 05-06-2014, 08:15 AM   #207
chitownfightfan
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 433

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canis Lupus View Post
Helenius Coach Karl Helenius announced today that he is trying to get Robert in the Super 8 boxing in Nz. June 4th. That would be a great move!
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Theyre bringing in another can. Their most recent additions r Kiwi boxers by the names of Brice Ritani Coe and Antz Nansen

Sam Peter has been ditched.

They gave no consideration to either Andrej Fedosov or David Rodriguez.

They don't want a single ACTIVE top 50 fighter in the tournament. So Robert can forget about that.
chitownfightfan is offline  Top
Old 05-07-2014, 10:13 AM   #208
Canis Lupus

Here is the Sauerland attorneys letter to Karl Helenius who is the father and former coach of Robert Helenius. (published boxing.fi 5.5.2014) Karl Helenius is fighting to get his son free from Sauerland.

I am the legal representant of Sauerland Events, Wilfred, Nils and Robin Karl Sauerland and Chistian Meyer in Finland. Today I have got in my possession several emails and letters where you threaten to publish false and defamatory allegations and allusions for instance that my clients would have in some way be involved in drug trafficking and money laundering.

By bringing out these allegations you have sought to have the Sauerland Events abandon all their contractual rights and debt claims concerning Robert Helenius. When my clients have not agreed upon your demands, you have already taken the above-mentioned threats into practice.

According to our Criminal Law, the one who by threats is illegally trying to force another person to give up his economic interest is guilty of committing blackmail attempt.

Furthermore, presenting false and degrading information or insinuations of another person, is a defamation defined by the criminal law.

In addition, you have today released the trade secrets of Sauerland Events to the TV channel ADR and, apparently, previously to the Finnish Newspaper Ilta-Sanomat, that is, the match and the promotional contracts, which are confidential material.

By these measures you have sought to harm my client economically, and to strengthen the weight of your claims and threats you previously presented, in order to let my client to release Robert Helenius from his contract and liability for debts to the Sauerland Evenst.

According to our Criminal Law the violation of the trade secret is a criminal act. I am asking and I urge you to stop such illegal activities immediately, that is to say, right away.

Pasi Hyvämäki
Master of Laws, Tuusula Finland
Attorney

Old 06-11-2014, 01:53 PM   #209
Lightheavy

Any new news?
Lightheavy is offline  Top
Old 06-12-2014, 06:00 AM   #210
The Long Count