Old 08-03-2014, 04:39 PM   #46
Solaris
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Frankie v Kell

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy nelson View Post
Yeh you will be right mate, I have forgot more about boxing than you'll know.
i'm purely giving my take on what I think, you don't have to agree with me because I can assure you the pish you come out with amazes me at times.
You really must understand blowing smoke up peoples arses won't make them any better a fighter, Amir Khan beats Kell everyday that ends in a Y imo simple
You also said Ricky was the best LW in the world so we should take anything you say with a pinch of salt.
Solaris is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2014, 06:22 PM   #47
billy nelson
the fighting scots gym
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
You also said Ricky was the best LW in the world so we should take anything you say with a pinch of salt.
at the time I believed he was, the bottom line is your very very limited regarding your knowledge of boxing, I'm sorry if the truth hurts pal but at that is the truth.
billy nelson is offline  Top
Old 08-03-2014, 06:25 PM   #48
Solaris
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
at the time I believed he was, the bottom line is your very very limited regarding your knowledge of boxing, I'm sorry if the truth hurts pal but at that is the truth.
I believe you are very limited too, so the feeling is mutual.

No sane, rational person can honestly have believed Burns was the best LW in the world.
Solaris is offline  Top
Old 08-07-2014, 10:23 AM   #49
Ryan the Lion
King of the Jungle
ESB Addict

Location: Eastend of Glasgow, near Paradise it's always been Celtic with Me Hail Hail!!!
vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishwarrior View Post
jennings good scalp and a better job done than cotto

salvida very good scalp

schenko who khan wanted also never been beat the way brook beat him

cleaned up domestically something hatton nor khan did
I agree Jennings was a good scalp (on paper), but the fight was only stopped because Jennings had a cut. Brook never looked that good that night and he was struggling to land on Jennings and he nowhere near did a better job than Cotto.

Hector David Salvidia wasn't a very good scalp he was just a patsy for Brook after his scare with Carson Jones.

Senchenko was finished when he faced Brook and he was nothing special in his prime anyway. I mean he was a "paper regular champion" and his best win was a come from behind win over a poor washed up Ricky Hatton. Also Paulie Malignaggi done a better job on Senchenko than Brook did IMO. Malignaggi isn't known for his punching power but he made an absolute mess of Senchenko face that night and he was really tuning him in before the ref stopped it. Malinaggi gave Senchenko a boxing lesson and he hardly got hit by Senchenko never mind wobbled.

Brook did clean up domestically unlike Hatton and Khan, but he was in a lot weaker division than them too that's obviously not Brook's fault though.

I agree with the rest of your points about Brook though I like Brook, but the likes of Julio Diaz, Luis Collazo and Paulie Malignaggi would beat everybody Brook has beat, comfortably IMO.
Ryan the Lion is offline  Top
Old 08-07-2014, 10:32 AM   #50
mithffg
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
Based on Ricky's last few performances I'd argue you've forgotten it all.
mithffg is offline  Top
Old 08-17-2014, 03:47 AM   #51
Bent-nose
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
ive been friends with Amir and his family since Willie Limond fought him in 2007
I've for Rod Stewarts signature it doesn't been I think he's gods gift to singers, Kell was good enough to sign gloves for a charity in Glasgow, I can't see what issue you have with that?
I am of the opinion Kell is a excellent boxer but I've seen mental weaknesses which may hinder him, of coarse I hope he wins but be honest it's one of the hardest jobs a UK fighter has had to do in a good while
Billy the boxing guru judges a fighter on one fight.

Mental weakness?

Is that why your fighters leave you?
Bent-nose is offline  Top
Old 08-17-2014, 05:25 AM   #52
RICKY BALBOA
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
If as expected hot favourite porter wins in a few weeks time a massive domestic fight between these two could possibly happen.
A huge crowd would turn out for this one say in Manchester if both sides could agree tv ect
I'm speculating about the intentions of this post and I could be wrong but it seems to me it is motivated by an element of some bitterness.
RICKY BALBOA is offline  Top
Old 08-17-2014, 07:12 AM   #53
Brixton Bomber
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Gavin is so far from brook now it's bad.

Brook is up there with the best now. Gavin has to face Bradley Skeete. Say's it all...
Brixton Bomber is offline  Top
Old 08-17-2014, 09:25 AM   #54
boxfap
MasterGardianElite

Quote:
Well unfortunately I cant talk about what people alledegly do behind my back.
Lets wait and see if Kell manages to fight 10 times over 42 months in world title fights and become a two weight champ in the process
porter alone is more impressive that burns best 3 wins combined lol. burns achievements have been exceptional for his skill level and as a local he gets my support, but he has never beaten an actual top 5 live wire contender only very carefully selected fringe contenders and has beens. when burns did step up he got taken apart. when brookes stepped up he won.
boxfap is offline  Top
Old 08-17-2014, 09:31 AM   #55
Brixton Bomber
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxfap View Post
porter alone is more impressive that burns best 3 wins combined lol. burns achievements have been exceptional for his skill level and as a local he gets my support, but he has never beaten an actual top 5 live wire contender only very carefully selected fringe contenders and has beens. when burns did step up he got taken apart. when brookes stepped up he won.
Agreed.

Ricky, in all honesty, is dog sh*t. Ricky, Froch, terrible at the sweet science.
Brixton Bomber is offline  Top
Old 08-17-2014, 09:34 AM   #56
Redman
Contender
ESB Senior Member

It's all gone wrong for the blobster.
Redman is offline  Top
Old 08-17-2014, 09:42 AM   #57
Gneus7
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 371

Kell looking very mentally strong these days.
Gneus7 is offline  Top
Old 08-18-2014, 03:43 AM   #58
Bent-nose
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

On another forum, a boxer alleges he was waiting for his weigh-in and couldn't eat, so Billy took him to McDonalds. Billy then allegedly demolished his meal in front of the starving boxer and finished by allegedly dipping his chips in his ice-cream.

The boxer has now allegedly left him.

Mental weakness?
Bent-nose is offline  Top
Old 08-18-2014, 04:13 AM   #59
JonStevo10
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bent-nose View Post
On another forum, a boxer alleges he was waiting for his weigh-in and couldn't eat, so Billy took him to McDonalds. Billy then allegedly demolished his meal in front of the starving boxer and finished by allegedly dipping his chips in his ice-cream.

Mental weakness?
Which boxer?
JonStevo10 is offline  Top
Old 08-18-2014, 05:38 AM   #60
Heavyweight #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bent-nose View Post

Mental weakness?
Sounds like the Nelson I know. Every boxer he worked with has complained about him. #Identifythesourceoftheproblemandeliminateit
Heavyweight #1 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum